Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Hello,
I am considering my first SFF case (main reason being potability in a backpack).
I tried to read some of this thread but is quite long and also there have been many changes over the months.
If someone could help me with this questions would be very nice!

1) are there any Dust filter available? (as I live in a very dusty place)
2) the Hats with USB ports are already available?
3) is there any simple cooling setup involving the top/bottom Hats and extra fans? (I live in a very hot place so it could be nice to have extra cooling, if it's easily removable along with the Hat when I need to travel)

Thanks

1 yes they will available (most likely on release or close to)
2 they will come later but will be one of the first add ons to be released
3 you have to decide if you want to go air cooled or watercooled
-aircooled you can add a couple of fans with a top hat
-watercooled you can add an L top hat+ a 240mm AIO (potentially you can add a second one to cool the gpu with a 240mm rad too)

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
From the slack today:

All sold out! We have now compiled all the order data and will try to send out confirmation e-mails this week to everyone with their order specification to catch any mistakes from either side. Many have changed colors, this should be reflected in the send-outs.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
Also this one:
I asked about the status of the case by email and received the following response:
We are currently estimating shipment towards the end of July,

The shipment will be done by air. Pictures of the final case will be presented mid July.

Cheers // Patrik

Reactions: Beardedswede

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
On another topic. Corsair SF600 or Silverstone SX-650-G? I used coolermasters pc wattage calculator and it recomends a 550w psu. a 600w psu may be fine for ATX but is it too close for SFX?

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
On another topic. Corsair SF600 or Silverstone SX-650-G? I used coolermasters pc wattage calculator and it recomends a 550w psu. a 600w psu may be fine for ATX but is it too close for SFX?
Why would ATX vs SFX matter? The Corsair SF600 is good enough for 95% of use cases in this case

Reactions: SeeFiFo

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Why would ATX vs SFX matter? The Corsair SF600 is good enough for 95% of use cases in this case
I'm saying would it by better to get the higher rated psu (the Silverstone) over the Corsair, given that my system would draw 500w at peak. A 600w psu with 90% efficiency will deliver 540w at peak? (correct me if i'm wrong). So 650w would be better overall, in terms of noise and heat as its running further away from its peak performance? Just wanted some opinions on the Sliverstone unit, if its worth going for the extra watts overall.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
I'm saying would it by better to get the higher rated psu (the Silverstone) over the Corsair, given that my system would draw 500w at peak. A 600w psu with 90% efficiency will deliver 540w at peak? (correct me if i'm wrong). So 650w would be better overall, in terms of noise and heat as its running further away from its peak performance? Just wanted some opinions on the Sliverstone unit, if its worth going for the extra watts overall.

A 600w unit at 90% efficiency will deliver 600 watts (or as needed) to the system but draw 11.111....% more from the wall. So if you need 550w it will deliver 550w and draw 612w from the outlet.

Last edited:

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
A 600w unit at 90% efficiency will deliver 600 watts (or as needed) to the system but draw 11.111....% more from the wall. So if you need 550w it will deliver 550w and draw 612w from the outlet.

Ahh I see. Thanks. So the Corsair unit it will be. it should be able to handle 500 easily. Thanks

Reactions: Biowarejak

Onimashou

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018

Was wondering if the new EK 240 AIO they displayed at Computex would fit in a large top hat.
Everything is Enclosed within the unit; fans, pump, cables.
I read somewhere it "should" be released by the end of the summer.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any dimensions of the AIO online.
Unfortunately, the website says out of stock for every color of the S1.
Unfortunately, 88 pages later of reading, white has been scrapped.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018

Was wondering if the new EK 240 AIO they displayed at Computex would fit in a large top hat.

isn't it this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014CVMMI0/?tag=theminutiae-20

that one is double the thickness of the other AIO they tested, so I doubt it will fit.

Yeah they just sold out the first batch. I'm waiting for the new graphicscards so I dont have any rush, they come in 2 month or so.
yeah you can see on the webpage what colors they have available :)

Their, AIO test.
http://louqe.com/img/GhostCPU_AIOTest.pdf

CoyoteMegalo

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2018
isn't it this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014CVMMI0/?tag=theminutiae-20

that one is double the thickness of the other AIO they tested, so I doubt it will fit.

Yeah they just sold out the first batch. I'm waiting for the new graphicscards so I dont have any rush, they come in 2 month or so.
yeah you can see on the webpage what colors they have available :)

Their, AIO test.
http://louqe.com/img/GhostCPU_AIOTest.pdf

Not this one, your link is for the older version which is discontinued.
And the new version is really all in one, I think it will be fit, cause you can see fans and rad are in the same "block".
Looks pretty awesome!

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017

i think this will only fit if you toss out the tophat and bolt this directly to the top of the case.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Not this one, your link is for the older version which is discontinued.
And the new version is really all in one, I think it will be fit, cause you can see fans and rad are in the same "block".
Looks pretty awesome!
The old one is also all in one. And it's Still way yo big. Yes its probably possible if you put it on top of the case without Andy any tophat. Just see the size of the old aio. Should be around the same size. It has the same features. And looks the same.size.

So just compare the size of the old aio with a standard aio.

Johan501

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2018

The problem is that om the Side were the pump is built in it sticks out to long so it wont fit inside the tophat, im 99% Sure it wont fit.

Reactions: vseddie