Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
ETA (as of June 25) from Slack is shipping the end of July, pictures of production units mid-July.
So it has been pushed back to august. I can wait b'cos i've pre-order the Corsair SF600 platinum PSU soon to be lunched. I think its also coming out end of July.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Email received from Louqe today stating that shipping will start at the beginning of August, and that all orders are expected to be shipped by the end of August.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Full update text:
Things are coming together. Being in the middle of the production process we’d like keep you updated and share status directly from production floor.

The metal and aluminum work is looking good, imagine the feeling of seeing the case gables being extruded through a small matrix with a force of a couple of thousand metric tons at 500 degrees Celsius. In a week or two we’ll get the final samples of all three colors before we OK the next phase of production: anodization

The production of the electronic components has been a bit messier, testing and verifying that the flush mounted power bottom fits just perfect. It’s all looking good now, but it has taken a couple of rounds getting it all perfect. Now we are waiting for final sample so that we can get the production of these ramped up. With our final tweaks on the electronics we estimate to start shipping in august and be ready with all shipments before the month is over.

As we are seeing it all coming together we are confident that the Ghost will meet and exceed all expectations out there.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
W8 i just saw this on the mail

"All of you Kickstarter backer who haven't yet chosen your colors and TopHat sizes, please do so. (see previous mail regarding how)"

Wtf?
So we need to chose the color without having even seen a single picture of the final colors?

Last edited:

Johan501

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2018
Ok two questions, if I were to use a Galax Katana 1070 with the dimensions: 267*124*18.74 mm.
And I inserted it into the I/O slot farthest from the spine, taking into account the width of the card.
How much distance would remain from where the card ends and the spine begins.

Second question, in the GPU COMPATIBILITY GHOST S1 pdf, it lists the
Storage/Case fan dimensions as, L*W*H: 121.5*132*27.5mm, is the 27.5 the max because that is where the GPU would sit?

Hypothetically speaking, if, we put the Katana in the aforementioned slot, what would be the new storage area dimensions?

about the second question.
the storage / case fan compartment size is affected by the chassis,psu and gpu . the slot in the chassis probably is 27.5mm and i you use a sfx-l you also interfere with the 27.5mm meausurement. the gpu shoulnt affect to much. if i remember correctly you cant use a 25mm fan with a sfx-l then you need a 15mm fan.

see picture below. the slot in the bottom to the left is where you can place fan or hdd/ssd.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
W8 i just saw this on the mail

"All of you Kickstarter backer who haven't yet chosen your colors and TopHat sizes, please do so. (see previous mail regarding how)"

Wtf?
So we need to chose the color without having even seen a single picture of the final colors?
Then contact Louqe!

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
the issue isn't contacting them, but getting an answer.

it has already been asked on slack about that, we will see if or when there will be a replay
Won't they reply to the email they sent last week about colour options? What colour are you after anyway?

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Won't they reply to the email they sent last week about colour options? What colour are you after anyway?
not sure yet, i was looking for the white initially but now it has been removed.

the panagea looks interesting but i need real life pictures to see if and how can i match it, the Ash one is in some renders black and in other grey while the limestone has been made much lighter (this is what they said) so it might be close enough to the white that i wanted to buy at the start.

so yes i would really benefit from a final samples photoshoot...I'm not used to buy things "blindfolded".

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
not sure yet, i was looking for the white initially but now it has been removed.

the panagea looks interesting but i need real life pictures to see if and how can i match it, the Ash one is in some renders black and in other grey while the limestone has been made much lighter (this is what they said) so it might be close enough to the white that i wanted to buy at the start.

so yes i would really benefit from a final samples photoshoot...I'm not used to buy things "blindfolded".

Ash is essentially black and there are youtube videos showing the ash version. the problem with photos/videos, is the colour will always depend on the colour filters used for post prodction. It will never be colour natural.

Yes the limestone does look lighter. I see your point about the green one, but to be honest I don't think its matchable to any pc parts. Maybe custom sleeves. The white case was a bit of a stretch by Louqe, as i think true white anodized aluminium is largely impossible to manufacture at the moment, as the colour depends on the chemical treatment used. If someone can perfect true white anodized aluminium, It will be like the whole blue LED thing of the 1990's. I think the silver case will be the closest to white frome the pics on facebook.

I suggest you reply to the colour pick email asking for sample pics, if you have not already done so. I would be interesting to see sample sheets.

Reactions: Biowarejak

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Ash is essentially black and there are youtube videos showing the ash version. the problem with photos/videos, is the colour will always depend on the colour filters used for post prodction. It will never be colour natural.

Yes the limestone does look lighter. I see your point about the green one, but to be honest I don't think its matchable to any pc parts. Maybe custom sleeves. The white case was a bit of a stretch by Louqe, as i think true white anodized aluminium is largely impossible to manufacture at the moment, as the colour depends on the chemical treatment used. If someone can perfect true white anodized aluminium, It will be like the whole blue LED thing of the 1990's. I think the silver case will be the closest to white frome the pics on facebook.

I suggest you reply to the colour pick email asking for sample pics, if you have not already done so. I would be interesting to see sample sheets.

they said that the black has been changed and made lighter (this was said AFTER any sample/render that was shown)

"I suggest you reply to the colour pick email asking for sample pics, if you have not already done so. I would be interesting to see sample sheets."
there are no samples of the final colors as ALL calors have been changed and the final samples haven't been made yet

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
they said that the black has been changed and made lighter (this was said AFTER any sample/render that was shown)

"I suggest you reply to the colour pick email asking for sample pics, if you have not already done so. I would be interesting to see sample sheets."
there are no samples of the final colors as ALL calors have been changed and the final samples haven't been made yet

Just emailed Louqe as follows:

'Hi Louqe

I'm on the SFF forum, and there are a few queries regarding colours, and the changes. Apparently some backers still haven't chosen their colours because there are no sample images, just renders. Is it possible to post some sample images so far?? This will help a great deal to some, including me. The samples don't have to be the actual case. I assume colour palette aluminium samples were sent to you?? I understand that you may be reluctant to post current samples, so it might be worth posting pics of the final as soon as they are available.So people can chose their colour. I'm not on Slack, and so are many others. It would be very helpful if you could post samples on the FB page and SFF forum.

I understand that the Ash colour which I ordered might have changes slightly too? It would be nice to know the actual colour? Is it light or darker? As i may want to swith to the limestone silver case.

I trust all of the above is helpful.

Thanks'

Reactions: Biowarejak

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Didn't they say in the email that they are getting soon starting the next phase, anodization. And will get the final samples in a week or two. So it's hard to show any photos before that.