Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
The best way would obviously have been to include all the information in the Kickstarter update. Even if you didn't receive the e-mail you can just go there and read it. From the text in the e-mail it appears that the link isn't personal (since they explicitly states that they need your e-mail to match on both platforms) - but who knows?

The company is just really bad at communicating, and due to that I will unfortunately avoid them in the future regardless of the quality of their end-product.

I can agree about the confusing state of things.

However, I have got no email about picking color or tophats. I can find no such information on the kickstarter either. It appears though as some people have got the email. But not me.

I am also an super early bird backer, and should have 2 tophats included in my order by default. I expect getting an email where I can chose my color + place additional tophat orders.

Reactions: Goose1981

92MPAU

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2017
The company is just really bad at communicating, and due to that I will unfortunately avoid them in the future regardless of the quality of their end-product.

As harsh as that seems, I agree with you. From start to finish this KS has been a farce (and we're not even finished yet).

The Arctic drama was the nail in the coffin for me, and I wasn't even going to choose that colour.

Reactions: Biowarejak

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
I do agree...up untill the kickstarter comunication has been great...but after its start it went downhill very fast...such a shame

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
The best way would obviously have been to include all the information in the Kickstarter update. Even if you didn't receive the e-mail you can just go there and read it. From the text in the e-mail it appears that the link isn't personal (since they explicitly states that they need your e-mail to match on both platforms) - but who knows?

Agreed... it’s really gone done hill. It’s impossible to keep track of anything. It’s like a full time job trying to figure out what the heck is going on with this.

Reactions: 92MPAU

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016

You'll get another agreement from me. It's too bad, they were communicating very well before the second kickstarter, then with the launch of the Slack page everything became very confusing. I think I will steer clear in the future if it continues this way.

Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Apparently even jayz2cent agrees too..
(First 5 mins)

The guys at louqe managed to antagonize him...he said that he will never work with them again, he is quite pissed off about their comunication skills (or lack of)

Another issue is the poor anodizing quality in the samples...quite scary to be honest

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Apparently even jayz2cent agrees too..
(First 5 mins)

The guys at louqe managed to antagonize him...he said that he will never work with them again, he is quite pissed off about their comunication skills (or lack of)

Another issue is the poor anodizing quality in the samples...quite scary to be honest

I can’t believe it got to the point where Jay would be that harsh. Damn.

Reactions: Biowarejak

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I followed the Ghost S1 thread, both here and at [H], since the beginning. I was very impressed with this case and thought seriously about backing it, decided that I didn't want to wait that long for a new case (and that was going by the original shipping estimation). Now I have to say I am really glad I didn't, I feel the frustration of the original backers, the lack of communication and the way the entire process has been handled is far from professional. I really hope that everyone that did back the case receives their case and it turns out to be as good as promised.

I think the worst thing about the situation with jayz2cent is that now he probably won't preview any kickstarter projects in the future due to his experience with Louqe. Terrible way to start off a new company, by breaking promises.

Illumna97

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
I just ordered it yestarday and im kinda scared that i might never see the case for which i paid them 218 euros in total.
Is it possible that they never send us the cases?

Last edited:

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
I fully expect they will deliver the cases. With more or less delay. (Kickstarter after all)
They seem genuine, just really bad at communication.

I will admit that I might be tinted due to being Swedish myself and thus have higher trust due to that.

Last edited:

SilQ

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2018
I'm more than sure they send this case. But what quality? I dont know!
I believe that they themselves want the best, but time is running out. They have to make decisions, people are already upset.
Like a JayzTwoCents said: he got the first version. We still do not know, what do we get.
I just hope the end result is awesome.

Last edited:

Illumna97

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
thanks for the replies! :thumb::)
ive been to sweden myself so i also have a rather positive image about the people over there, but im kind of worried that they don't deliver the product as promised because maybe of miscalculations and wrong decision making during the production/partnering process. Maybe its has become to much for them to handle...
And also, I cant get an email from the slack forum to verify my email adress...o_O

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I came here just to point out what Jay said. Glad I was beat to it, but damn is it frustrating that things got to that point! I totally understand where he's coming from, he's not one to trust lightly and breaking that has consequences.

I LOVE what this case aims to achieve, but frankly I'm appalled at how things have gone since the (second?) Kickstarter.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Gang,
We have had a hectic number of weeks trying to get this case just right, at this point we are confident it is far better than we can expect and every detail is just where it needs to be. This immense quality focus has affected the communication flow significantly and we apologize that it has been interpreted as ignorance. We believe that the end result will speak for itself and that you will all understand what has gone into making this case.

From now on, when all the feedback and negotiations have come to an end with suppliers, we have more time at our hands where the majority of it will be used to guide you all through the final mile of the project.

Hoping for you understanding and we appreciate all the engagement, negative or positive. Shoot questions that you have!

There are som minor updates that we will go through with you shortly.

Illumna97

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
Glad to(edited) get a life sign from Louqe!
Now they got me siked boiiii cant wait for the finished product! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
hope they fixed the anodizing issue.o_O

Last edited: