Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Any further word on deliver dates? Still saying June. Emailed the developer last week, not heard anything.

Late June/beginning of July as it looks now. I'll qoute the latest quotes.. uhm... from PaChalski at the Slack announcement channel:

your timeline is close to what we are seeing. But collecting colors is not on the critical timeline, we will start extrusion and milling before the we need the exact color counts. To shorten the wait we will start as soon as we have decided which to go with. But the manufacturing time is slightly longer than what you have put in. I’d say we are looking at 6-8 weeks from now to ship and shipping is done by a air to every backer (<48h)

we will meet with Supplier 2 on Wednesday 10am to discuss logged feedback. After that we should be able to place the order for aluminium components Thursday. When that is done we will start communicate and interact with all of you intensively in order to guide you through the last mile of the process. Before the weekend everything will be very clear. We have an intensive week ahead of us and we will need all the support we can get from all of you in order to make the right decisions. Estimated delivery is now end of June/beginning of July. We have a massive communication package planned this week so keep an eye on your mailboxes.

Just sent out the final RFQ-package to the two suppliers with a deadline set to tomorrow 17:00 CET, then we will decide and place the order Friday morning. The meeting with Taiwanese supplier went well, and all issues were addressed, even the hole misalignment :wink: It will be a tough choice, both suppliers impressed us!

Reactions: vwr

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
A bit confusing regarding the three e-mails. I think we're supposed to chose colour and additional extras now through the link in one of them - but on the other hand if you add the top-hats they've added a note that they're not intended for kickstarter backers?

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Who the heck thought it was a good idea that instead of telling Arctic backers to select a different color, to just cancel our orders completely out of the blue? Seriously? Absurd at this point.

Reactions: 92MPAU

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Who the heck thought it was a good idea that instead of telling Arctic backers to select a different color, to just cancel our orders completely out of the blue? Seriously? Absurd at this point.
well you can play a new order, probably it would have caused too much confusion (on their side) to change the orders.

btw till when can we wait before deciding?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Only for interest:

Do they ship from Taiwan/China to customers or from Sweden to customers? I wonder because container shipping from Taiwan to Sweden will take 4 weeks so i don't think production will be done in 7weeks include container shipping.

Furthermore if they do shipping by themself they will never handle it in 1 week if they do it the first time.

Also shipping in 48h is also very unrealistic this is only possible with DHL Express and also some countries will take longer. For example shipping from Germany to US costs 200€ with DHL Express for an 2Kg package.

Maybe I am wrong but this is my experience for this topic.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
well you can play a new order, probably it would have caused too much confusion (on their side) to change the orders.

btw till when can we wait before deciding?

Ok and in the mean time I have to wait 5 days for my refund and then place the order again... This was a complete surprise and not handled well.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
Only for interest:

Do they ship from Taiwan/China to customers or from Sweden to customers? I wonder because container shipping from Taiwan to Sweden will take 4 weeks so i don't think production will be done in 7weeks include container shipping.

Furthermore if they do shipping by themself they will never handle it in 1 week if they do it the first time.

Also shipping in 48h is also very unrealistic this is only possible with DHL Express and also some countries will take longer. For example shipping from Germany to US costs 200€ with DHL Express for an 2Kg package.

Maybe I am wrong but this is my experience for this topic.
Thanks for providing your experience here. The lack of detail on these sorts of things coming from Louqe makes me a little confused about their timeline. I would hope that they've though about this and are going to ship directly from Taiwan, but they've also spoken about some special packaging they've made, so I can't be sure.

RelentlesSausage

Trash Compacter
May 1, 2018
anilist.co
I ordered one about a week ago and I got an email that said "Full Production Order Placed" today. It had the same eta as above. Although I also got an email that said "last chance to get a ghost s1". I'm a little confused. Clarification would be useful louqe.

SilQ

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2018
I ordered one about a week ago and I got an email that said "Full Production Order Placed" today. It had the same eta as above. Although I also got an email that said "last chance to get a ghost s1". I'm a little confused. Clarification would be useful louqe.

One mail: that you have ordered.
Second mail: maybe you will order, if you have not ordered yet.
They are not different mail database, subscribed emails and unsubscribe emails. That's why you got two mails.

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
Would appreciate some pics of the new color. I know theres a pic in the email, but some real world pics would be much better. It looks good in the email, but I can't make out the intensity of the green.

Reactions: greyhound

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
Email was earlier today. Might need to check spam
I got the 'last chance to order' email, but i'm a kickstarter backer and didn't receive one about selecting colours or anything. Have shot off an email to Patrick to see if i've goofed somewhere along the line. All good either way, thanks for the note.

(nothing in spam folder either...)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I am an early KS backer as well, and I have not received any email about picking color or buying additional top hats. I received two other emails though, "project update" and "last chance to order".

Reactions: Goose1981

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
The best way would obviously have been to include all the information in the Kickstarter update. Even if you didn't receive the e-mail you can just go there and read it. From the text in the e-mail it appears that the link isn't personal (since they explicitly states that they need your e-mail to match on both platforms) - but who knows?

The company is just really bad at communicating, and due to that I will unfortunately avoid them in the future regardless of the quality of their end-product.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Also confusing, is will they be shipping the tophat set with the case? I ordered both from the website back in March.