Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
This could actually be a good solution, one version would be standard and the other optional?

It sounds very reasonable, assuming there is space for a button on the back that does not compromise structural integrity. But since your panels are so thick (which I really like), and quite a bit of space above the motherboard IO, then it might not be a problem.

It probably also comes down to how convenient it is for you to offer different SKU:s. Your main manufacturer of the case (the metal) probably does not care if there are different panels, as long as the differences are small, comparable cost wise, and can be handled by the same tooling process. I guess they just want a minimum amount of money, in order to go ahead?

For individual parts to complement the case, you probably need to meet other MOQ:s. In case of a power button, it will be part of the case regardless of option, so your quantity is deterministic.

However, let's say you also offer a front panel with full IO (power button + ports). The IO module quantity would not equal the case order quantity, and become non-deterministic, which could be a problem?

Reactions: PaChalski

water melon

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
Are you able to test whether the 1080ti FTW3 fits in the case? It fits in the Dan case but this case is also 20mm shorter. I'm 100% in the Kickstarter if so.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Brandonandon

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2017
Are you able to test whether the 1080ti FTW3 fits in the case? It fits in the Dan case but this case is also 20mm shorter. I'm 100% in the Kickstarter if so.
Are you concerned about the height of the case or the length? The most recent dimensions were posted in [H]ardforum as 140*188*322 mm, so it's about 12.67 long. No clue how much vertical clearance for the GPU, however. Looks like the GPU you asked about has dimensions of 11.80" x 5.62", so it should at least fit in regards to length.

Reactions: water melon

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I'd love to see a video of the new design complete with panels once you get the full prototype. The 8x assembly video was a good start though, I would recommend a video circling the case so we get a good view from all angles.

Perfect!

When we get the first production batch in a couple of weeks we will send them out for review and the reviewers will most likely give you all sorts of angles and circling action. We will keep one to produce ad-hock stuff on request as well.

Regarding the updates, we will have all the adjustments in place today. Then new production drawings will be produced and we are good to go!

We will go through the updates here when it's all done.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
Not at this point. We are looking at different solutions but don't want to prommis anything now and delay the launch.

I guess the plans have changed from including filters. I realize you might not know specifics yet, but can you say a little more?
Is there room for the filters on the bottom? You mentioned they snap on on the sides.
How would we end up with the filters? Shipped separately or shipped with the case delayed

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
When we get the first production batch in a couple of weeks we will send them out for review and the reviewers will most likely give you all sorts of angles and circling action. We will keep one to produce ad-hock stuff on request as well.

Who are the first reviewers to receive the case? Can we make sure there is at least one english speaking reviewer? (can't remember for sure but I think the firsts one talked about was a german website)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Who are the first reviewers to receive the case? Can we make sure there is at least one english speaking reviewer? (can't remember for sure but I think the firsts one talked about was a german website)

A Scandinavian site "Sweclockers" will be first out and we will make sure the case gets covered ny an English speaking reviewer as well.

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
The Opening post is now updated with the latest information
I was just looking at the revised post and I know it may be a little late but could you do something to make the power button a little less pronounced. As in maybe get rid of the cutout/indent of the power button symbol, and make the button flush with the front panel. I remember we were discussing where the power button would go and if we could avoid putting it on the front, in my mind if you are puttin the button on the front no one should really be able to see where the button is unless you are the one who actually owns the case, to maintain the best aesthetics and functionality. (if any of that made any sense)

Reactions: PaChalski