Prototyping The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

HomerJay

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 31, 2019
Does anyone know where to buy this case (Pangaea) in Germany?
Don't want to pay 60-70 € shipping on Amazon.com.

Edit:
Mhh Pangaea doesn't look that good at all in other pictures than on the website itself / on Amazon.

Last edited:

HomerJay

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks, i'd like to see some more pctures of the case.

'Friends, as promised we began selling batch 3 inventory on Amazon US yesterday evening. .. For the EU market, we estimate Amazon DE inventory availability by October 2019. ..'

Reactions: zzmadd

paulesko

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 31, 2019
Hello, I´m new to the forum.

just wanted to say that I´ve been following availability of the louqe on a couple of sweedish stores and one of them says that they should have stock the 12th of september*. Also this week they have some tophats and grills available.

* This was yesterday, but today they don´t say anything like that... I leave the links here so you can see

rfarmer

SFF Guru
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
Updated the fans on my Ghost, I have a 34mm radiator so was unable to use 25mm fans. I was using Deepcool Gamer Storm 120 x 20mm but there were two problems with them, first was the funky blue color that did not go with my build and second the grill was sitting nearly on top of the fans and I was getting turbulence at load.

What I really wanted was Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax, but I am tired of waiting for Noctua to release slim chromax fans. So I went with Scythe KAZE FLEX 120 SLIM, these are the same fans that come with the Big Shuriken 3 and they work very well and look a hell of a lot better.

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Hi Everyone, looking to upgrade my current ghost s1 and need to find a medium tophat in ash. If anyone is interested in selling there's please let me know

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Stunning.

iRebel

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 10, 2019
How did you do it ??
If someone comes across a more elegant way of achieving the desired effect please let me know.

iRebel

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 10, 2019
Ghost S1 tweaks inspired by the new Mac Pro 😎

This is how I made the Ghost S1 looks like a mini Mac Pro...
If someone comes across a more elegant way of achieving the desired effect please let me know.

WinterCharm

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2019
Has anyone done a Ghost S1 build with a medium tophat above, and a large tophat below the main chassis, where there is an air intake and filters below, with an exhaust up top?

Is it possible to put air filters in the medium top hats, or would I have to go with a large one?

andornaut

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
I'm thinking of mounting 2x 3.5" HDDs in a bottom-mounted medium tophat (with custom sata power and data cables - looks like a tight fit) and 2x 120mm Noctua fans in a top-mounted tophat.

I haven't seen or read of anyone doing the same, so I just wanted to ask if this would work or if anyone can think of potential issues?

WinterCharm

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2019
I'm thinking of mounting 2x 3.5" HDDs in a bottom-mounted medium tophat (with custom sata power and data cables - looks like a tight fit) and 2x 120mm Noctua fans in a top-mounted tophat.

I haven't seen or read of anyone doing the same, so I just wanted to ask if this would work or if anyone can think of potential issues?
I know Jayz2Cents did a Ghost S1 build with a large tophat above and below to fully water-cool the thing. Not as sure about how the space requirements will be with the medium tophat, and HDDs.

andornaut

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
I know Jayz2Cents did a Ghost S1 build with a large tophat above and below to fully water-cool the thing. Not as sure about how the space requirements will be with the medium tophat, and HDDs.
Thanks, I checked out a few of his Ghost S1 vids. I'm optimistic that the drives can fit (in a medium tophat, even), so I guess I'm most concerned about temps. Also, I did see a post on Imgur which suggested that the drives could fit in a top mounted tophat, but not a bottom mounted one - not sure what could explain that?

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
After trying unsuccessfully to bend the NH-L12S to get it to fit on my ASRock Fatality AB350 ITX/ac motherboard in my Ghost S1, I finally went through the painful process of moving my NH-L12 from another system (i5-8600K in a CCD MI-6 case) to my AB350 with a Ryzen 7 1800X in my Ghost S1. The i5-8600K is now sporting a Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B and getting similar temperatures to the NH-L12.

In my 1800X system with the NH-L12, my CPU is hitting a full load temperature of 75C and throttling the frequency somewhat (it's bouncing between ~3.55 and ~3.66 GHz). I previously had the 1800X in an NCASE M1 with a NH-D9L, and it usually stayed pretty close to it's all-core turbo of 3.7 GHz when fully loaded. The throttling is resulting in about 3% lower performance when rendering video than it did with the NH-D9L (where the temperature stayed around 69C).

Is anyone else out there using a NH-L12 with a Ryzen 7 1800X? If so, are you getting similar temperatures?