Prototyping The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

TMatzelle60

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2019
I saw a video of someone putting the Fractal Design S24 inside the Ghost S1 is there any problems with tubes getting kinked because the tubs come out of the top of the block?

Is there any problems with using the cpu cooler?

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
I saw a video of someone putting the Fractal Design S24 inside the Ghost S1 is there any problems with tubes getting kinked because the tubs come out of the top of the block?

Is there any problems with using the cpu cooler?
if the tubes are kinked that could lead to limited waterflow that could limit the cooling performance, and lead to leaks of cooland (total rip off) but if you dont open it regulary probably the coolant degrades before you encounter these problems.
thats why i used rigid tubing 😉

Reactions: rfarmer

Flowism

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 14, 2019
hello i tested the BS3 and it doesnt fit with any motherboard on the gigabyte x570 I for instance the socket is to close to the back I/O cower so you can not slide down the side pannel dont know about the asus strix i just got it
will need to test first but as for thermals the black ridge with noctua 12x15 and 9x14 combo is far supperior even though it cant keep the 3900x in check at stock (because there is no stock it keeps overclocking till it hits a wall).
Hi, thanks for the answer.

I was going for the Aorus X570 mini-itx, and already bought the BS3 sadly.
Does it not fit on the motherboard because something blocks the cooler installation or just the side panel cannot slide? If the issue is sliding the side panel somebody made a "hack" to get 1-2 extra mm so it can slide.

I am curious about what you are suggesting, is it a :

Alpenföhn® Black Ridge + NF-A12x15 + NF-A9x14 ?

No issues fitting that with the Aorus board?

Thanks !

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
If anyone from germany is interested in a like new Batch 2 case in Black, PM me. I have a like new Noctua L12 as well.
Brillant case, but Not Using my pc...
Other SFF Hardware also available.

abear182

Cable Smoosher
Jun 19, 2018
Anyone had much luck with Support at Loque?

I was looking to get some spare case screws because I have lost some of mine.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Hi, thanks for the answer.

I was going for the Aorus X570 mini-itx, and already bought the BS3 sadly.
Does it not fit on the motherboard because something blocks the cooler installation or just the side panel cannot slide? If the issue is sliding the side panel somebody made a "hack" to get 1-2 extra mm so it can slide.

I am curious about what you are suggesting, is it a :

Alpenföhn® Black Ridge + NF-A12x15 + NF-A9x14 ?

No issues fitting that with the Aorus board?

Thanks !
Hello sorry for the late reply but weekend...
Anyway the BS3 is a problem with the aorus it has the socket too low and too far tobthe I/O shield therefor the cooler sits to cllose to the rear and the side pannel needs some 5mm clearance to the side .
The pictures arevcrap sorry was not done by me

Nevercthe less the alpenfohn you need to modify thevlower 92mm fan so the chipset cooler doesnt interfiere plus you can break some caps if you have an old mounting bracket for am3/4 (they updatedcthe design)
But it cools better than the bs3 imho

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
I just picked up a Ghost S1 Pangea and wanted to pick up some stuff. Namely a large tophat and a non-vented glass side panel like the ones outlined here in #5. Has there been any update on the side panels or when the Pangea tophats will be back in stock?

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
I just picked up a Ghost S1 Pangea and wanted to pick up some stuff. Namely a large tophat and a non-vented glass side panel like the ones outlined here in #5. Has there been any update on the side panels or when the Pangea tophats will be back in stock?
i didnt know this was a thing i personaly would order the feet imediatly the should come as standard i wanted to make them myself :) a more vented top grille would be perfect

rfarmer

SFF Guru
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
Are these still available in white? Or have they ever been as I've not found one white ghost in the wild?
The closest is Limestone which is an off white/light grey, they talked about an Artic color during the Kickstarter campaign but it never happened. From what I have seen from other manufacturers anodizing white is very difficult.

Reactions: divanvanbiljon

divanvanbiljon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
The closest is Limestone which is an off white/light grey, they talked about an Artic color during the Kickstarter campaign but it never happened. From what I have seen from other manufacturers anodizing white is very difficult.
That sucks but I can understand the struggles. Maybe one day they'll have a special white edition or something!

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
I would love gunmetal brown please... thats easyly the go to no problems with anodizing and looks great. Very manly and would also not match with the noctua fans ( only noctua can make a color that doesnt match with anything)

tivaldi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 14, 2019
Not sure what I'm doing wrong with my Large top hat - seems that it's not sitting flush with the main body.

I've tighten the screws as much as I can, but it still feels that parts on the top hat will fall off

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Try to dryfit just the shorter pannels first (the front and back ones) and then tigten the sidepannels otherwise you newer get them flush;)

Protools

Trash Compacter
Oct 10, 2018

rounded up a rough compatible radiator list for custom loop setups...

1. Multiports only for ease of introducing coolants
2. 12mm thick Scythe fans because why not. hard to get and not worth it probably...
3. Add comments if anyone has ideas please :)