Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

rfarmer

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jul 7, 2017
Are these still available in white? Or have they ever been as I've not found one white ghost in the wild?
The closest is Limestone which is an off white/light grey, they talked about an Artic color during the Kickstarter campaign but it never happened. From what I have seen from other manufacturers anodizing white is very difficult.

Reactions: divanvanbiljon

divanvanbiljon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
The closest is Limestone which is an off white/light grey, they talked about an Artic color during the Kickstarter campaign but it never happened. From what I have seen from other manufacturers anodizing white is very difficult.
That sucks but I can understand the struggles. Maybe one day they'll have a special white edition or something!

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
I would love gunmetal brown please... thats easyly the go to no problems with anodizing and looks great. Very manly and would also not match with the noctua fans ( only noctua can make a color that doesnt match with anything)

L

LordEconomist

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with my Large top hat - seems that it's not sitting flush with the main body.

I've tighten the screws as much as I can, but it still feels that parts on the top hat will fall off

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Try to dryfit just the shorter pannels first (the front and back ones) and then tigten the sidepannels otherwise you newer get them flush;)

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018

rounded up a rough compatible radiator list for custom loop setups...

1. Multiports only for ease of introducing coolants
2. 12mm thick Scythe fans because why not. hard to get and not worth it probably...
3. Add comments if anyone has ideas please :)

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have one of those 12mm scythe fans that came with a cpu cooler, and it moves very little air... I don´t think it moves enough air to blow trhough a radiator confortably

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
I have one of those 12mm scythe fans that came with a cpu cooler, and it moves very little air... I don´t think it moves enough air to blow trhough a radiator confortably
I noticed it, but there's a few varients of them
SY1212SL12SL (800 rpm Version)
SY1212SL12L (1,200 rpm Version)
SY1212SL12M (1,600 rpm Version)
SY1212SL12H (2,000 rpm Version)
and
SY1212SL12H-P (500-2000 rpm Version)

can you tell which one it is?

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Yes, I have the PWM version although in mine, it says 0.39 A, so maybe it´s a bit different. Take in mind that it is an old fan, early 2000´s
This weekend I´m going to be playing with my eisbaer and two radiators, I can make a brief comparison with this fan vs the noctuas 15 mm and 25 mm, that way we can know which way its better. Edit: Don´t know if it´s going to be this weekend because the pump is coming next monday aparently :/

If this fan works just fine, one can use it with a tx240 radiator which is 20mm thick and put everything inside two small tophat stacked... I, d like to see that because the big tophat is a bit too bug for my liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Protools

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019

rounded up a rough compatible radiator list for custom loop setups...

1. Multiports only for ease of introducing coolants
2. 12mm thick Scythe fans because why not. hard to get and not worth it probably...
3. Add comments if anyone has ideas please :)
You doo realize that the thick radiators only perform bether than the "slim" (30mm) ones in high airflow scenarios.
With fans running 1300 and above. With the slim fans i would imagine some 30% more. By far the best option is 30mm rad and 25 fan. If you come to 30 rads there is realy only 2 good options the hardwarelabs black ice gts 240 witch has class leading thermals and is the widest aming the 240 rads and seems like tailor made for the ghost since its 133mm wide and the ghost has an 134mm internal width. And the alphacool st30 v2.0 witch is a improoved copy of the black ice it also has 7 coolant channels per side and has a improved port situation plus a filling port, but lacks the width so = less cooling area. But it has less resistance witch doesnt teally bennefit anything.
So these 45mm radiators make no sence in this scenario if you think that i put a 240x45=50% more area so i can cool a vga aswell i doubt that would work with the slim fans... because they need more rpm to move the same amount of air.

And another thing the 57mm you have to take with a bit of salt im runnig a black ice witch is under 30 and a noctua a12x25 and with the rubber antivibration pads its about 0 gap

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
If this fan works just fine, one can use it with a tx240 radiator which is 20mm thick and put everything inside two small tophat stacked... I, d like to see that because the big tophat is a bit too bug for my liking.
I have tried the eisbaer lt and was uderwhelmed. Thats why i opted for a custom loop. But how exactly do you want to stack the tophats?
They are not designed for that you know.

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
You doo realize that the thick radiators only perform bether than the "slim" (30mm) ones in high airflow scenarios.
With fans running 1300 and above. With the slim fans i would imagine some 30% more. By far the best option is 30mm rad and 25 fan. If you come to 30 rads there is realy only 2 good options the hardwarelabs black ice gts 240 witch has class leading thermals and is the widest aming the 240 rads and seems like tailor made for the ghost since its 133mm wide and the ghost has an 134mm internal width. And the alphacool st30 v2.0 witch is a improoved copy of the black ice it also has 7 coolant channels per side and has a improved port situation plus a filling port, but lacks the width so = less cooling area. But it has less resistance witch doesnt teally bennefit anything.
So these 45mm radiators make no sence in this scenario if you think that i put a 240x45=50% more area so i can cool a vga aswell i doubt that would work with the slim fans... because they need more rpm to move the same amount of air.

And another thing the 57mm you have to take with a bit of salt im runnig a black ice witch is under 30 and a noctua a12x25 and with the rubber antivibration pads its about 0 gap

G1/4" ports open to both sides are important if we are doing no reservoir buiild. Bitspower Leviathan rad is oem after Black Ice Nemesis LX but with 2 more G1/4" ports so I think it's a better choice over HWLabs. ST30 V.2 is a solid choice so it was the first came to mind hence the top of the list, but Alphacool is not readily available in my region. Hate the shipping rates.
other than that, I'd agree with the rest of your comment.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
G1/4" ports open to both sides are important if we are doing no reservoir buiild. Bitspower Leviathan rad is oem after Black Ice Nemesis LX but with 2 more G1/4" ports so I think it's a better choice over HWLabs. ST30 V.2 is a solid choice so it was the first came to mind hence the top of the list, but Alphacool is not readily available in my region. Hate the shipping rates.
other than that, I'd agree with the rest of your comment.

You should not skip the expansion tank aka "reservoir" its an important piece of kit.
Not because of the ectra liquid but because of the ability to expand. I only build 3 water cooled pcs in my life ans 1 of them over expanded even with an expansion tank. I think there is a company witch makes radiators with a build in system (glove finger) that prevents overexpansion.
You need atleast 2 holes in the system to get rid of the air bubbles. I used the free port on the pump top and the one in the expansian tank. And ofcourse shaking...
The bitspower actually looks like the exact copy of the corsair with 2 ports more. And as i sayed the hw labs is the widest radiator so most finns
Its interresting though. I was intrigued by the corsair but i dont want to have any more resistance with that tiny pump:) and less performance.

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I agree with you, I'm not impressed with the eisbaer so far, I want to see if it improves with the more powerful pump and a better rad.

Apart from that, I didn't know that you can't put one hat over another, y assumed they were designd to do so... If you can put the top grill the same way you out it in the main body you should be able to stack two hats, why is that is not possible?

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
You should not skip the expansion tank aka "reservoir" its an important piece of kit.
Not because of the ectra liquid but because of the ability to expand. I only build 3 water cooled pcs in my life ans 1 of them over expanded even with an expansion tank. I think there is a company witch makes radiators with a build in system (glove finger) that prevents overexpansion.
You need atleast 2 holes in the system to get rid of the air bubbles. I used the free port on the pump top and the one in the expansian tank. And ofcourse shaking...
The bitspower actually looks like the exact copy of the corsair with 2 ports more. And as i sayed the hw labs is the widest radiator so most finns
Its interresting though. I was intrigued by the corsair but i dont want to have any more resistance with that tiny pump:) and less performance.

I'd love to put a res in ghost s1, but are there any small enough?
my idea for no res build was because of Optimum Tech's vid actually.
Regarding the Corsair rad, like BP Leviathan it's from the same HWLab factory so it is the same.