Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
So goddamn beautiful:

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
damn... can't wait to see build logs around this case... and reviews... and user experiences! It's so damn gorgeous!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
With the 2nd batch on the horizon, I'm planning my long awaited Ghost build (I sadly missed the KS)... I wanted to go with Fractal Design's Celsius S24 for CPU cooling, but I recall JayzTwoCents trying to use it initially in his Ghost build, but the tubing made it so the side panel wouldn't slide into place... Does anyone have experience using the Celsius S24, and would you say that the tubes were flexible enough to fit in this case without negative side effects? I know it was used in thermal testing on the first page of this thread, but from Jayz video, it didn't look like the tubes had any chance of being bent enough to fit.

A huge selling point of that particular AIO is the fan headers on the rad itself, not to mention it's the best performing AIO in the Ghost's thermal tests... but if the tubes turn out to not be flexible enough for this case, does anyone else have any recommendations? I'm pretty against RGB for the record, and I plan to pair whatever rad I choose with either a pair of Silent Wings 3's, or or pair of Noctua NF-F12s. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. :)

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
if it has been tested by the guys selling the can it means that it works with the side pannels closed

That's very trusting of you.

As someone who has always been an air cooling guy, I like to gather as much info as possible, if possible, about something I'm somewhat unfamiliar with... and getting information from someone OTHER than the person/company who is trying to make money off of one of the products in question, even if they've only proven to be trustworthy, for that matter, is pretty important to me. If I didn't seek multiple reviews of products before buying them, I could've potentially ended up buying and expecting a 9900k to be up to 50% faster than a Ryzen 2700x in games this week...

As you can see from this point in the video I referenced...

...it looks pretty tight. I know every AIO is different, and certain brands have more flexible tubing than others, and that if the tubes are bent too much, it restricts circulation in the AIO, leading to less efficient performance. More info on THAT kind of thing is what I was seeking from people who have first hand experience using the product in question... What I wasn't seeking was (what seemed to be) a snide remark insinuating that I answered my own question in my question.

Thanks again for any help/advice you can offer.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
it is litterally shown easily installed in their building video...jayz2cent isn't simply confortable with sffpc builds (just like when he implied that an sfx 600w psu deliver less power than an atx 600w psu )

and btw what would they have to possibly gain from lying about that?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Well, will you look at that?! I hadn't watched that build video in quite some time, so thank you for pointing out that it showcases the AIO I had questions about. That would've been very useful in your first response, instead of the seemingly condescending undertones your reply had.

As far as calling anyone a liar... If you read back through what I typed, I didn't make any such accusation. I made the point that I'd rather check multiple sources (specifically outside sources) before spending my money, which is only common sense in my book.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Skarum

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Well, will you look at that?! I hadn't watched that build video in quite some time, so thank you for pointing out that it showcases the AIO I had questions about. That would've been very useful in your first response, instead of the seemingly condescending undertones your reply had.

As far as calling anyone a liar... If you read back through what I typed, I didn't make any such accusation. I made the point that I'd rather check multiple sources (specifically outside sources) before spending my money, which is only common sense in my book.

Thanks again.
You do know that the nore graphics heavy game you run. And the higher resolutions. The less important the CPU is. Most of the time the GPU is the bottleneck but if you got a powerhouse of GPU then I get why you get a 600 dollar CPU :) it's by the way not 50% faster. I believe it was faulty numbers. They ran the CPU on half the cores.

Emilpak

Case Bender
Oct 14, 2018
You do know that the nore graphics heavy game you run. And the higher resolutions. The less important the CPU is. Most of the time the GPU is the bottleneck but if you got a powerhouse of GPU then I get why you get a 600 dollar CPU :) it's by the way not 50% faster. I believe it was faulty numbers. They ran the CPU on half the cores.

He knows, look at his phrasing one more time. Although here is the updated report from Principled Technologies. It is still made to make the i9 9900k shine a little brighter.

With the 2nd batch on the horizon, I'm planning my long awaited Ghost build (I sadly missed the KS)... I wanted to go with Fractal Design's Celsius S24 for CPU cooling, but I recall JayzTwoCents trying to use it initially in his Ghost build, but the tubing made it so the side panel wouldn't slide into place... Does anyone have experience using the Celsius S24, and would you say that the tubes were flexible enough to fit in this case without negative side effects? I know it was used in thermal testing on the first page of this thread, but from Jayz video, it didn't look like the tubes had any chance of being bent enough to fit.

A huge selling point of that particular AIO is the fan headers on the rad itself, not to mention it's the best performing AIO in the Ghost's thermal tests... but if the tubes turn out to not be flexible enough for this case, does anyone else have any recommendations? I'm pretty against RGB for the record, and I plan to pair whatever rad I choose with either a pair of Silent Wings 3's, or or pair of Noctua NF-F12s. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. :)

I believe a lot of people have the same questions regarding the tubing on most AIO's. As the cases was recently shipped (Oct 12th) only a few reviewers and the company themselves could verify. Anyhow, there are probably other AIO's that also fit, such as the Alphacool Eisbaer with the rotatable fittings. Also perhaps you could pair it with the Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro. Although i've found the dimensions of the GPU waterblock hard to find.

Lindkvist

Cable Smoosher
Oct 8, 2018
Was hoping for a batch 2 release around payday, midle of the month makes it harder to convince the wife that a 200$ case is a good idea o_o

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Thank you @Emilpak for your helpful reply. I've heard good things about Alphacool products, but I have experience with and trust Fractal Design products... so now that I've seen that the Celsius S24 works, I'm pretty sold. That Eiswolf GPX Pro is pretty sexy, though!

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm not sure about the second batch coming out so soon though, it'd be nice to read and view reviews of the case first and then let new costumers have a more informed purchased decision. At the end of the day, and production considerations aside, many people have been waiting more than a year, why the rush now?

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
There's an awful lot of hype around the Ghost, and it's become really desired because it's been so elusive. I think they'd like to keep that up, and keep the wheels going.
When I got the mail, I had a really strong urge to get one, even though I have no need for it and no hardware to put in it. I came to my senses, and I won't be getting one this time around. I think they have a very nice product, that slides in neatly between the Dancase and the M1 and I really hope they become a mainstay. If not, something else will come along.

Queue

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 14, 2018
Not sure if it's just the picture, but the color of the Pangaea looks quite different than the one showed on the website. The one shown on the previous page has some brownish tint to it. If that's more color accurate, then I may have been convinced to switch from the silver.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Not sure if it's just the picture, but the color of the Pangaea looks quite different than the one showed on the website. The one shown on the previous page has some brownish tint to it. If that's more color accurate, then I may have been convinced to switch from the silver.

The most recent pictures of the Pangaea haven't really shown the color very well. I think the ambient light in the pictures is throwing off the color. They said the color was fine on the Pangaea before the final rework, only the surface roughness was off. Looking back at those pictures, it looks like a dark green, but brighter and richer than an olive drab. (quick edit) Might be safer waiting for pictures of people's finished builds before ordering?

Was hoping for a batch 2 release around payday, midle of the month makes it harder to convince the wife that a 200$ case is a good idea o_o

The price is in Euros my man :(

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Delivery of batch 2 is most likely (fingers crossed for 2nd batch folks) in early 2019. However it might be faster this time since they managed to fix all the anodizing, colors, and manufacturing issues from the 1st batch delays. It comes down to qc and having someone on site to keep the pace going.

So hopefully the factory can just pick up from batch 1 and continue making cases for batch 2.

I’m just glad to finally get the case. Patrik posted his unboxing video and sound of the panels sliding into place is so gratifying.

Reactions: Flyingpepper