Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
300 dollars, 250 pounds or 280 euros for a case with no dust filters, or any extras shipped from within Europe is a bit over a top, or am I crazy?

haha no you're not, but so long as there's people willing to pay that pice or even a higher one, Louqe doesn't have any logical reason to stop raising it with every badge. There was a high demand for this case and now they're profiting from it so there's that, or maybe not, because from a moral standpoint, if you consider they might have been able to produce more cases with the kickstarter money they gathered, then this could be a somewhat questionable action for some people if that were to be the case. Ultimately it's their product, it's their business and it's their call, so people who have cautiously awaited these years for benchmarks before deciding to back them, might have to divert their attention from the Ghost and direct it somewhere else.

Last edited:

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
January 2019

I didn’t wanna jinx the 2nd batch lol.

What do you guys think will end up being the best cooling in this case assuming the use of a high end 8 core cpu and a high end open air gpu?

The medium top hat with two 120mm fans and Noctua L12, the large top hat with one 120mm gpu aio and one 120mm cpu aio (assuming this is possible), or the large top hat with a 240mm cpu aio?

Asking because I don't want to order the whole set of top hats.

Edit: Use cases: 1440p 144hz gaming and 4k editing/rendering.

Similar use here. 1440p 144hz gaming and 3d modeling/texturing/rendering. I’m also going air cooled with an L12 or an axp100 full copper on a 8core cpu and a 2080ti.

I bought 2 medium tophats but originally planning on only using 1 on top with 2 noctua fans as an exhaust. And I can add the 2nd medium tophat underneath with 2 more fans.

In tests it didn’t ad much of a difference, but I like having the option to change it up.

That's what I am saying. I feel like this case is going to cost more than Ncase M1 or Dan cases. As an European I feel a little bit scammed having to pay 50 euros for shipping from Sweden, when shipping other cases from Taiwan costs much less. Also a good questions is whether the new batch will contain grills and dust filters, will it be just a bare case with no extras?? 300 dollars, 250 pounds or 280 euros for a case with no dust filters, or any extras shipped from within Europe is a bit over a top, or am I crazy?

Well to be fair, Patrik actually mentioned that they lost money and louqe covered some extra costs on the 1st batch. And like most products, getting in on the 1st run can get you more of a discount. Not sure if that’s what they originally planned but based on the videos of the final product, it’s well worth the price. Increase or not, we’re paying for a premium product.

The increase can also have to do with the new tariffs and trying to make the best to turn a profit. I’d like for louqe to stay around.

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
It's good to know that the money goes into the right place then. I would not be too happy if they raised the price just randomly. Yet still, in some sort of way it's not consumers fault that the factory they used made mistakes and they sustained loses which had to be covered. Though us enthusiasts will still pay :D Yet, I understand normal consumers not wanting to pay more, there are some complains on Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: edrenmarc

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
It's good to know that the money goes into the right place then. I would not be too happy if they raised the price just randomly. Yet still, in some sort of way it's not consumers fault that the factory they used made mistakes and they sustained loses which had to be covered. Pretty normal people won't agree to this and won't want order this anymore. There's a ton of complaints on Twitter, and many do not really want the case anymore, solely because of shipping price. Not everyone is a pc enthusiast who can afford spending that much for something exquisite or rare. I want the company to stick too, but have mixed feelings about the whole thing

Dont know what Louqe use for shipping company and what prices they got , shipping prices are much higher in Sweden then in Germany and other countries when i have compared.

I live in Sweden and knows that.

Also that they use Air shipping all the way in EU can raise the price a bit.

Loque backed 200 000 SEK on first orders like 20 000 Euros and thats alot and there investers backed that up so they need to raise the prices to get a profit i think.

Last edited:

brokenblade30

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys, I am new to this forum! Interested in the Louqe case because of its portability and saw that the kickstarter page said they would be making a carrying strap and a carrying case for this. Anyone have any idea if this is still the plan or if that will most likely never happen?

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys, I am new to this forum! Interested in the Louqe case because of its portability and saw that the kickstarter page said they would be making a carrying strap and a carrying case for this. Anyone have any idea if this is still the plan or if that will most likely never happen?

All there Addons are on hold just now and if the case sells alot ofc the addons will come later

Seid Dark

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
I was shocked to see the increased price and how expensive the postage was, even though I'm not far from Sweden. After going back and forth the whole day I finally caved in and bought the Limestone version and a copper grill. I didn't include any Tophats, hopefully I won't regret it. This better be the best ITX case ever, total price was ludicrous 274€.

Last edited:

92MPAU

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2017
Pricing increases after Kickstarters finish are very common, if not the norm.

Generally, the reason for crowdfunding campaigns is to gauge/gain market interest and revenue for an initial product release.

The price increase shouldn’t even be a discussion point to be honest - plus as previously mentioned it was openly stated during the Kickstarter campaign.

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Been waiting for the second batch for sooooooooooooo long and super happy to have now ordered an S1!

I'll be honest, I was gutted about the price increase, but dam it's a nice case. I had to pay a similar price for the Ncase M1.

Does anyone know if we will also have to pay any import taxes when it gets into the UK? When I got the Ncase I had to pay the post office the import tax before they would let me have it.

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
I guess that is fine. If it can't be helped :) has anyone received the case already? any feedback would be amazing.

C3N0B1T3 - no you won't, it's coming from Sweden and since UK is part of EU you won't need to pay any customs,vat.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
Hey guys, what's the difference between
GHOST S1 MkII and the original model?
The info on Louqe site looks the same to me (except that there's stock now)

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys, what's the difference between
GHOST S1 MkII and the original model?
The info on Louqe site looks the same to me (except that there's stock now)

I'm guessing that the first failed kickstarter was the MkI. So they made revisions and had a 2nd successful kickstarter.

There were a bunch of functional changes, mounting holes, adjusting the final case size, adjusting gpu position, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeeFiFo