Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
open fan even the cheapest open fan offers better cooling. Plus a blower card will always have the fan running. At least open fan cards can operate silently when not in heavy use. Whlist there will be marginal increase in motherboard and cpu temps, this is vastly offset by the decrease in temps on the gpu. If you are going for a RTX card open fan is the only option.

Why does Dave2D say that he’s gonna swap to a blower style GPU for his Ghost S1 in his recent rtx review video? I was reading around and there seem to be a consensus for a blower style GPU for small cases ?

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Why does Dave2D say that he’s gonna swap to a blower style GPU for his Ghost S1 in his recent rtx review video? I was reading around and there seem to be a consensus for a blower style GPU for small cases ?
because he prefers them. he didn't give a reason. no right or wrong answer. really up to you, blower card for sff cases with little ventilation. its a trade-off. Blowers = noiser and hotter cards, cooler MB and CPU. Open style = lower noise cooler card, warmer MB and cpu. Your choice ultimately.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
"2nd batch order and webshop restock is due for late October early November with earliest estimated delivery around January 2019"
that timeline is impossible...

in late october/early november they will deliver the first batch...they will wait some months after that to collect feedbacks on the first batch to check is everything is ok before going with the second one

Reactions: 92MPAU and psurge

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I don't get it. It's been 2 days since they said they were supposed to ship the cases to US. And yet, there is not a single word from them.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
"We got the information from the factory and the freight company that the shipment didn't leave the factory this weekend due to the Moon holiday. We are all getting very frustrated and patience is running thin. So, we are flying over one of our crew members again to monitor everything and make sure the shipments go out smoothly. He will fly out tomorrow (Wednesday) and be at the factory Thursday - Saturday this week. This way we will be able to follow the progress first hand and keep everyone informed."

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
"We got the information from the factory and the freight company that the shipment didn't leave the factory this weekend due to the Moon holiday. We are all getting very frustrated and patience is running thin. So, we are flying over one of our crew members again to monitor everything and make sure the shipments go out smoothly. He will fly out tomorrow (Wednesday) and be at the factory Thursday - Saturday this week. This way we will be able to follow the progress first hand and keep everyone informed."
Really? This is pathetic.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I get that people are upset about the delays, but I'm over here like, "I wish I could be upset about the delays instead of being upset I missed the kickstarter..." >.<

@PaChalski Seriously, there are many wonderful projects and cases on these forums, but I keep coming back to the Ghost. It just checks all of the boxes for me, and I'd gladly wait through all of the delays with the knowledge that I was still getting one. I’m hopeful/can't wait for the 2nd batch of orders to open up, b/c I need a Pangaea Ghost in my life.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018

I think louqe need to find a new manufacture. This sh*t can't keep happening. Surely they are getting paid to do a job. They could get the packaging printing right, now a weeks delay cos they couldn't be bothered. One would think with a potential case design that could go far = more orders that they would bust a gut to make the first orders run smoothly.

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
I think louqe need to find a new manufacture. This sh*t can't keep happening. Surely they are getting paid to do a job. They could get the packaging printing right, now a weeks delay cos they couldn't be bothered. One would think with a potential case design that could go far = more orders that they would bust a gut to make the first orders run smoothly.

You can't make this sh*t up. I feel sorry for Louqe having to put up with such an unprofessional manufacturer, and I agree @Bangle They'd be better off doing business with a company like Lian Li instead, even if it would cost a little more.

Reactions: Longbow072

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
You can't make this sh*t up. I feel sorry for Louqe having to put up with such an unprofessional manufacturer, and I agree @Bangle They'd be better off doing business with a company like Lian Li instead, even if it would cost a little more.

I wouldn't balk at paying more for it if it was readily available. It just makes the most sense for a quick swap of my components then other options, with the upgrade to an AIO and keeping my full size GPX card I already have.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
The error was picking the manufacturer that made 4 delays when they asked for a sample.

People asked to go for the other manufactor but they went for this one.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
The error was picking the manufacturer that made 4 delays when they asked for a sample.

People asked to go for the other manufactor but they went for this one.

Probably a cheaper quote. But for the additional expense of regularly flying out to china and checking things, plus with delays on starting the 2nd batch of cases, will probably end up being more expensive.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Probably a cheaper quote. But for the additional expense of regularly flying out to china and checking things, plus with delays on starting the 2nd batch of cases, will probably end up being more expensive.

It could be a question of quality, perhaps the slower manufacturer produced a better result. But yeah, cost is a likely reason (which as you say has a habit of biting one's ass in the end).