Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
US customers, expect another 5 weeks of delay. Expect to get your case towards the end of October. Assuming everything goes according to plan.

What ever happened to the 2 day shipping priority loque was talking about?

Reactions: HooglyBoogly

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Dear community, I'm completely new to PC building and am excited about building my first PC, just with a couple of questions..

Would the GTX 2080 founders edition likely fit in the XS case ?
And what power supply would I need ? and can I fit a fan below that PSU in addition to a 2.5" SSD ? Thank you !

Reactions: Biowarejak

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Dear community, I'm completely new to PC building and am excited about building my first PC, just with a couple of questions..

Would the GTX 2080 founders edition likely fit in the XS case ?
And what power supply would I need ? and can I fit a fan below that PSU in addition to a 2.5" SSD ? Thank you !
The 2080 FE is a 2 slot card, so yes it will fit. a 600w sfx power supply. not sure on the fan 2.5" drive combo.

guillaume

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 17, 2017
Hello people!

I'm pretty excited about getting this case in a month, but I'm wondering if my build is really sound: I ordered a M top hat, and I intend to fit in the case the following: Gigabyte Z77n, i5-3570K (which I intend to delid and relid first) cooled by a Cryorig C7, 8GB of RAM, GTX1060 6GB, 2 SSDs, 2 HDDs and a Corsair SF450 to power all of that.

Does that seem doable? Do I need more fans and would they fit?

Thanks!

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Hello people!

I'm pretty excited about getting this case in a month, but I'm wondering if my build is really sound: I ordered a M top hat, and I intend to fit in the case the following: Gigabyte Z77n, i5-3570K (which I intend to delid and relid first) cooled by a Cryorig C7, 8GB of RAM, GTX1060 6GB, 2 SSDs, 2 HDDs and a Corsair SF450 to power all of that.

Thanks!
Why delidd? If you can wait just upgrade to 9700K. Its lidded from factory. And you get more performance for pretty much same price for delidding tools and liquid metal + no risks and you keep your warranty.

IF you can get the Noctua L12. Not the L12S. That’s their recommend cooler.

Get a single 8GB ram stick, so you can upgrade if you feel it’s to little.

That’s a lot of SSD and HHD. Why so many ?

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Hello people!

Thanks!
Your i5 is a 77w tdp chip. I would recommend keeping as is and changing the cooler to either a Noctua L12 or L9x65, orSilverstone AR06 as they offer better cooling than the C7. Not sure about fitment on the top hat but you might be able to get 2 of your drives and a regular 120mm fan in there, the other 2 drives can go at the bottom of the case under the psu.

guillaume

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 17, 2017
Why delidd? If you can wait just upgrade to 9700K. Its lidded from factory. And you get more performance for pretty much same price for delidding tools and liquid metal + no risks and you keep your warranty.

IF you can get the Noctua L12. Not the L12S. That’s their recommend cooler.

Get a single 8GB ram stick, so you can upgrade if you feel it’s to little.

That’s a lot of SSD and HHD. Why so many ?

I already have all those parts, and I'm not really eager to change anything as I don't need a more powerful rig. As for the HDDs and SSDs, there's one for Windows 10, one for OSX, and the HDDs are for storage...

guillaume

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 17, 2017
Your i5 is a 77w tdp chip. I would recommend keeping as is and changing the cooler to either a Noctua L12 or L9x65, orSilverstone AR06 as they offer better cooling than the C7. Not sure about fitment on the top hat but you might be able to get 2 of your drives and a regular 120mm fan in there, the other 2 drives can go at the bottom of the case under the psu.
Thanks! I'm considering delidding because the CPU runs at 50°C when idle, which is suspiciously high. I'll look into the Noctua though.

Rolling9Deep

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2018
Don't think i responded to this. This thread is epic. I'm planning a air cooled ryzen 1700x. Currently using an AIO to OC my chip to 3.9GHz @1.375v. Anything above 3.9Ghz requires 1.4v+, and at this voltage temps go up quite abit.

For my planned air cooled build i'm going to use the medium tophat, Noctua NFA12 fans (already own), NH-L12 cooler (just purchased). Will run my setup at stock speed with a slight undervolt - i think i can get 1.3125 instead of the stock 1.35v on my chip. I'll see how this goes, as my fall back is AIO with large tophat.

No GPU?

mattcube64

What's an ITX?
Sep 16, 2018
First time posting here.

Getting board with my Little Devil mid-tower, rocking a 3820 and 1080 that I threw in there a couple summers ago. Love, love, love this case - but I also want to go pretty extreme on the components. I've watercooled all my builds (full custom loop), but I don't like the Top Hats, defeats the purpose of SFF (IMO!). Am I absolutely insane/stupid to try to rock an i7 9900K and RTX 2080 on air in one of these?

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
First time posting here.

Getting board with my Little Devil mid-tower, rocking a 3820 and 1080 that I threw in there a couple summers ago. Love, love, love this case - but I also want to go pretty extreme on the components. I've watercooled all my builds (full custom loop), but I don't like the Top Hats, defeats the purpose of SFF (IMO!). Am I absolutely insane/stupid to try to rock an i7 9900K and RTX 2080 on air in one of these?
Sounds like you are asking for trouble ;)
Here is some water inspiration.

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
First time posting here.

I asked Louqe about this and they run an air cooled system with a Ryzen 7 2700X and an EVGA 1080 Ti. It gets a _tad_ hot they say, but nothing to worry about, and all quiet. This using a Noctua NH-12 (not the S-version).

You _could_ use the smallest top hat and put in a couple of 15 mm noctuas? Won't add much extra bulk to the case then!

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
First time posting here.

Yes! Only kidding :D. Hard to say as the items haven't been benchmarked for temps. You'll probably need a medium tophat for extra fans if you are planning air cooling.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Hello people!

Thanks!

Nope, there's no way to fit all that in there. There's no room for HDD's, but there's room for up to 3 SSD's, if you don't add a case fan. If you want to add a fan, you'll only have room for a single 2.5" SSD.