Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
It could be a question of quality, perhaps the slower manufacturer produced a better result. But yeah, cost is a likely reason (which as you say has a habit of biting one's ass in the end).
ok, but that was the factory that delivered a sample with unaligned venting holes

uetax

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 27, 2018
Hello.
I have been watched this item for months.
Is there still any chance to order this case?
I want to build perfect itx system for the first time in my life with this case, 9900k and 2080ti
And I'm about to buy 2080 ti before starting build for daily uses.
Will gigabyte 2080 ti windforce is solid choice?
I'm worrying the cooling performance because of volume of heatsink compare with 2.5 slots gigabyte gaming model

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Will gigabyte 2080 ti windforce is solid choice?
I'm worrying the cooling performance because of volume of heatsink compare with 2.5 slots gigabyte gaming model

I don't think cooling performance should be an issue, but noise might be. Haven't checked any review of that specific card.

Personally, I'm waiting for a review of the EVGA 2080 Ti XC (the 2-slot, not the 3-slot Ultra) to find out whether it's efficient and silent, but there are only Ultra reviews out there so far.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I don't think cooling performance should be an issue, but noise might be. Haven't checked any review of that specific card.

Personally, I'm waiting for a review of the EVGA 2080 Ti XC (the 2-slot, not the 3-slot Ultra) to find out whether it's efficient and silent, but there are only Ultra reviews out there so far.

I would be more concerned with cooling the 9900k if its anything like the 8700k. A AIO might have to be used.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
and apparently the same TDP as the 8700K, i.e. 95W.
Like the 8700K had approximately the same TDP as the 7700K, which had the same TDP as the 6700K? /s
If the base clocks and boost clocks are as high as the leaked specifications suggest, this generation is going to see the largest jump yet in power draw for the Core line, more than even the 8700K saw coming from the 7700K. Add more cores on top of that, and you can see something categorically hotter and more power hungry than the 7820X ever was even when it was delidded. By the way, you will likely want to invest in an AIO if the temperatures are anything like the 7900X. I have seen the temperatures when the 7900X is delidded at the insanely high boost and base clocks Intel is supposedly aiming for with the 9900K and it isn't pretty.

Last edited:

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
The soldered IHS will help and keep in mind that TDPs are calculated at base clocks with no AVX. So 95W may not be far off... But i wouldn't buy a 9900K to run at at base clocks so goodbye 95W TDP. And AVX instructions are becoming more common now too.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
The soldered IHS will help and keep in mind that TDPs are calculated at base clocks with no AVX. So 95W may not be far off... But i wouldn't buy a 9900K to run at at base clocks so goodbye 95W TDP.
Disregarding AVX, their claims have already been completely off if the 8700K, 7700K and 6700K are of any indication. By way of example, Intel claims the following for these processors:
Core i7-6700K: Base 4.0 GHz, 4-Core Boost 4.0 GHz, Single Core Boost 4.2 GHz, TDP 91W
Core i7-7700K: Base 4.2 GHz, 4-Core Boost 4.4 GHz, Single Core Boost 4.5 GHz, TDP 91W
Core i7-8700K: Base 3.6 GHz, 6-Core Boost 4.3 GHz, Single Core Boost 4.7 GHz, TDP 95W
Core i9-7820X: Base 3.6 GHz, 8-Core Boost 4.0 GHz, Single Core Boost 4.3 GHz, TDP 140W
Core i9-9900K: Base 3.6 GHz, 8-Core Boost 4.7 GHz, Single Core Boost 5.0 GHz, TDP 95W (Leaked)

Looking at the increments logically, I cannot help but heartedly chuckle at their imaginative TDP claims for their 9th Generation line-up. (I guess they want to top AMD's FX-9000 series or something.) They are somehow managing a .4 GHz net all-core boost increase and two more cores over the six-core 8700K and a whopping .7 GHz net all-core boost increase over the 7820X! This is without any TDP increase at all compared to the 8700K and a substantial 45W TDP drop--that is a decrease in power, mind you--compared to the 7820X! No wonder they have Whiskey Lake because they must be drinking the stuff all day long while dreaming up crazily fudged specifications like this. Unless Intel is producing these on a miraculously last-minute salvaged 10-nm process, such a specification claim is alarmingly hyperbolic and criminally misleading with their current 14-nm technology.

Last edited:

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
But 95W is at base remember so not applicable to boost clocks - who knows how much heat you'll need to dissipate at turbo frequencies (likely crazy amounts, won't be pretty)

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Anytime I see such delays from a China manufacturer for a small-scale foreign item, it makes me wonder if the factory is actually quietly building up their own supply of cases to dump on TaoBao or the like.
I don't doubt it. They are already doing it. Check out TaoBao next week. I guarantee you there will be a ghost s1 case rebranded and being sold.
Sad part is, KS Backers won't have their cases yet.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Isn't there another case here that is very similar in design?

Well, the main case is based on the Dan-A4, which is the first case I'm aware of with the side-by-side layout to cut down size. There are tons of clones now.

What makes the Ghost unique is the expandability with the top hats. But if it proves good, there will be copies soon enough.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Anytime I see such delays from a China manufacturer for a small-scale foreign item, it makes me wonder if the factory is actually quietly building up their own supply of cases to dump on TaoBao or the like.
There are apparently already several TaoBao links for the Ghost S1 so you might be onto something there.