Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Emailed Louqe about shipping. Their response:

'...Shipping will be performed in three batches with about a week between each batch. First batch is leaving the factory in two weeks.
Realistically the cases should arrive in October...'

I would assume kickstarter backers will be the first batch.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Emailed Louqe about shipping. Their response:

'...Shipping will be performed in three batches with about a week between each batch. First batch is leaving the factory in two weeks.
Realistically the cases should arrive in October...'

I would assume kickstarter backers will be the first batch.
so mid october for the first batch and ealy november for the last (if we don't have any other delay)

Reactions: Biowarejak

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
... and I am (having not backed or buy their cases) waiting for reviews and builds to read/see (to buy after, if it will meet my expectations)!

But I am also on the "they're not a big corporation - it's a kickstart comparny" side, so having to wait to have in exchange a great product is not a problem for me. Just enjoying the birth of a new company...

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
the issue that people are having isn't about the waiting itself, but for the lack of comunication and the constant delays.

if they said from the start that this was a project that required about a year nobody would have complained at all.

but it was sold like something already finalized as the design project was sopposed to be completed during the kickstarter and all that was left to do was to start production.

Reactions: 92MPAU

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
If you require a dedicated PR rep and a definitive ship date, I recommend staying away from kickstarters in the future.

Those who are unhappy with the communication and timeline of this project have already made it very clear, be it on here, reddit, slack or other platforms. It's like a broken record at this point. Does it really need more repeating? The case is delayed, this has been the situation since april. No amount of salt is going to change that.

Louqe have also been doing multiple Q&A's and posting weekly updates in their slack-channel for the past couple of months. While one can argue it's not the best platform for these updates, it is available for any backer with a web browser.

Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
was about to post an answer to all your points but it felt too invasive in the theared so i just kept the tldr

tldr: honest and realistic comunication is cost free and provide better results than frequent unrealistic everchanging deadlines while not requiring any extra work. all i did was comunicating the last delay.

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
It depends. Ad-hoc communication might not take a lot of work, but can have unintended consequences. The latest adventures of Elon Musk comes to mind. I'm not drawing parallells to Louqe here, but it's an example of why you as a professional business want to think once, twice and three times about what you say and do publicly - especially when you're holding 2000 backers worth of $ and have a promise to deliver. At this point, I believe managing PR does indeed become a lot of work.

Anyway, I appreciate the update, delay or no. My post was not supposed to be directed at you specifically, but those who share your opinion/frustration and come here to vent. In hindsight I shouldn't have tagged you in the post, I will make an edit.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
If you require a dedicated PR rep and a definitive ship date, I recommend staying away from kickstarters in the future.

It's actually not unusual for crowdfunding projects to have a dedicated community manager, which this project certainly would have benefited from. But Louqe most likely couldn't afford it, and they obviously hadn't anticipated how much extra work and delays a manufacturing project usually causes. Hence I doubt they've backed many (manufacturing) crowdfunding projects themselves, and lack that experience. Or maybe they were simply overconfident. :)

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
It's actually not unusual for crowdfunding projects to have a dedicated community manager, which this project certainly would have benefited from. But Louqe most likely couldn't afford it, and they obviously hadn't anticipated how much extra work and delays a manufacturing project usually causes. Hence I doubt they've backed many (manufacturing) crowdfunding projects themselves, and lack that experience. Or maybe they were simply overconfident. :)
Either way the cases are almost here.

Reactions: Biowarejak and pcm

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Never trust a Kickstarter ship date. Almost all Kickstarters are delayed by several months - years even!

Look at the Dan A4 and the Pebble watch. Dan's case got delayed by almost 4 months and the Pebble watch, which had 3 different Kickstarters (3 different products) raised a combined total of 40 million, had a delay each and every time. The first campaign had a year and a half delay.

It's the nature of manufacturing electronics. Even if you know what you are doing, you'll run into bumps along the road.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Exciting that you guys are receiving your cases soon... I'll periodically keep refreshing the LOQUE page, looking for an option to buy.

Over the last few weeks I've been doing my youtube and forum research on my next build. (Current machine is an air cooled i2500K with a 980 GTX TI, originally built in Jan, 2011 inside a micro-atx Silverstone FT03.)

Thinking of doing an air-cooled GTX1080TI intel 9th generation build with either a DAN A4-SFX case or LOUQE case. Any thoughts of which 1080 GTX TI I should be hunting for? The build will be used for gaming (1440P) and video work. I'm cool with going the AMD route as well. Any thoughts? (I'd like to go with air cooling as I plan to be flying a fair amount with it as carry on.) Are any of you planning on doing an air-cooled system? What's the plan? If you are going the air-cooled route, what sized top hat are you planning on buying to accommodate your hardware?

Cheers,
Don't think i responded to this. This thread is epic. I'm planning a air cooled ryzen 1700x. Currently using an AIO to OC my chip to 3.9GHz @1.375v. Anything above 3.9Ghz requires 1.4v+, and at this voltage temps go up quite abit.

For my planned air cooled build i'm going to use the medium tophat, Noctua NFA12 fans (already own), NH-L12 cooler (just purchased). Will run my setup at stock speed with a slight undervolt - i think i can get 1.3125 instead of the stock 1.35v on my chip. I'll see how this goes, as my fall back is AIO with large tophat.

Reactions: Rolling9Deep

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
to me this sound like another delay if i understand it right.

in eu 28/9 + 3 weeks = 19/10(or more likely 22/10 due to the weekend )
in usa 1 week later= 29/10

Reactions: Bangle

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
After the last announced delay, i estimated mid to end of October for EU/US. Mid October for the rest of the world. So no further delays on top of that....

Not sure if I'm keeping this case or not. Built another system instead of waiting and don't expect I'll be building another system anytime soon. Very happy with my S4 mini.