The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

zugok

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2019
www.artistebot.com
Wahaha360 IMHO, the case looks too wide to really compete.

The Cerberus (+X), Ncase M1, Louqe Ghost S1, Thermaltake G3, Raijintek Ophion, ect are all under 175mm (under 7") in width.

There is literally only three full sized ATX sized cases that are under 175mm in width (slim/narrow) , the Cerberus, P-ATX and the Thermaltake G3

There are tons of cases over ~175mm most of them in the same range as the one you posted.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
There is literally only three full sized ATX sized cases that are under 175mm in width (slim/narrow) , the Cerberus, P-ATX and the Thermaltake G3

There are tons of cases over ~175mm most of them in the same range as the one you posted.
If you count cases that sit horizontally, all of SIlverstone's GD-series HTPC cases are 175mm and under. There are probably others too, those just came to mind.

Reactions: zugok

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Hey, just learnt of this case today. While it is not as small as others, I feel that the gamer option is awesome for GPU compatibility, and it provides a lot of cpu cooling in the 280 radiator support.
I hope we get to see more of it in the future.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

2020 Q1, 23L, 280+240 Rad support or 165mm Air Cooler support.
few questions:
  • is the side panel tempered glass or acrylic?
  • will there be a rear plate (above the IO shield) that holds a fan? if so how big?
  • how's the strength of the handle? how much weight can it handle (maybe in terms of the kinds of hardware e.g. NH-U14S or the recently revealed ProSiphon by icegiant)
  • will there be a separate thread for this case? ,_,

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
will there be a rear plate (above the IO shield) that holds a fan? if so how big?

Looks like that is where the PSU goes...

More important question is, what is the airflow in this chassis...?

To me, it looks like only the front & bottom have any intake/exhaust; so the options are intake from the front, exhaust out the bottom, or intake from the bottom, exhaust out the front...?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wahaha360 IMHO, the case looks too wide to really compete.

The Cerberus (+X), Ncase M1, Louqe Ghost S1, Thermaltake G3, Raijintek Ophion, ect are all under 175mm (under 7") in width.

You can't support 165mm tall air cooler at 175mm or less.

I have seen the case in person, making it 15mm more narrow is not going to make it visually much different, but you will loose compatibility.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
few questions:
  • is the side panel tempered glass or acrylic?
  • will there be a rear plate (above the IO shield) that holds a fan? if so how big?
  • how's the strength of the handle? how much weight can it handle (maybe in terms of the kinds of hardware e.g. NH-U14S or the recently revealed ProSiphon by icegiant)
  • will there be a separate thread for this case? ,_,

Side window might offer both TG and Acrylic. Timing not sure, one will come first.

There is a rear plate that supports 120mm fan

Handle is solid. You can have the handle and Noctua D15 / 165mm cooler at the same time. @PlayfulPhoenix and I have lugged it around fully loaded. I see the handle as something useful for small moves, not for you to hold onto for hours, so for that purpose its fine.

New thread for this case https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...tx-that-should-have-been-made-long-ago.12028/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VegetableStu

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Looks like that is where the PSU goes...

More important question is, what is the airflow in this chassis...?

To me, it looks like only the front & bottom have any intake/exhaust; so the options are intake from the front, exhaust out the bottom, or intake from the bottom, exhaust out the front...?

The airflow is front (intake) to back (exhaust) and bottom (intake or exhaust).

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Agreed, I'm loving the metal aesthetic of this case. Looking forward to see some more developments!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
the recent pictures are of an entirely different case project. the mach one should prevail (with the exception of dropping mATX for DTX)