The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I know all the new cases you mention, but I haven't seen a be case by NFC. Does this confirm that he is putting out something new?

we experiment with new ideas and manufacturing, for details, you have to ask him.

Reactions: Phuncz

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I been messing with CNC lately.

Since the Mach One is technically the first case entirely designed by me, I won't release until I'm happy with it.

So most of the energy spent helping other projects also helps me figure out the manufacturing side for the Mach One.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I been messing with CNC lately.

Since the Mach One is technically the first case entirely designed by me, I won't release until I'm happy with it.

So most of the energy spent helping other projects also helps me figure out the manufacturing side for the Mach One.

Rather see you take your time & 'get it right' than see you rush & the chassis not be as perfect as it can be, ignore the 'I want it now!' folks......

epulicious

Efficiency Noob
Nov 5, 2018
just signed up for this chassis, too. I love it! I'm really looking forward to you being happy with it and release it to the world - it's just perfect.

The build in the video/pictures is a dream.. :-)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Aside from manufacturing optimization, I have been working to get a low profile (<48mm) DDC Pump Res combo that will work for the M1, A4, C4 and Mach One.

Here are some pictures of prototype 1.

I have more ideas than time to execute, so we ask you guys to be patient, the product will only get better with iterations on our end - and it has to be, or else why waste everyone's time.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Aside from manufacturing optimization, I have been working to get a low profile (<48mm) DDC Pump Res combo that will work for the M1, A4, C4 and Mach One.

I have more ideas than time to execute, so we ask you guys to be patient, the product will only get better with iterations on our end - and it has to be, or else why waste everyone's time.

The Alphacool DC-LT pump has a lot of potential in SFF, I'd love to see you do something like one of the Phanteks micro res's with a DC-LT plugin :)
Sure, it doesn't have the grunt of the DDC or D5 but it's a solid little pump and more than capable of being used in a CPU and GPU loop with good results.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The Alphacool DC-LT pump has a lot of potential in SFF, I'd love to see you do something like one of the Phanteks micro res's with a DC-LT plugin :)
Sure, it doesn't have the grunt of the DDC or D5 but it's a solid little pump and more than capable of being used in a CPU and GPU loop with good results.

DC-LT is our next prototype.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
3lfk1ng has been testing the Mach One and found some issues with AIO, I'll leave him to explain while I tune the design.

To summarize, the current design places the radiator at the front of the chassis as the only intake.
Ideally, this configuraiton would pull the airflow through the case and out the back as positive pressure.
However, in the current Gear 1 prototype, the GPU rests directly behind the rad so the intake fans pull in the hot air causing the gpu to run roughly 8-12c hotter at load.
This means that in the current Gear 1 setup, the front of the case is better suited to using just intake fans (Fans+HSF vs AIO).

That said, this front-mounted AIO solution might work a lot better in Gear 3 (GPU mounted behind the mobo tray) which is on the testing schedule for this weekend.

This result was just confirmed over the weekend with the installation of Corsair's latest H115i Platinum 280mm AIO solution as I saw similar results with the Enermax LiqTech TR4 240mm AIO when cooling the 1920x rig.

In both scenarios, the CPU was fine but the GPU temperatures suffered.

A solution is already in discussion.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
To summarize, the current design places the radiator at the front of the chassis as the only intake.
Ideally, this configuraiton would pull the airflow through the case and out the back as positive pressure.
However, in the current Gear 1 prototype, the GPU rests directly behind the rad so the intake fans pull in the hot air causing the gpu to run roughly 8-12c hotter at load.
This means that in the current Gear 1 setup, the front of the case is better suited to using just intake fans (Fans+HSF vs AIO).

That said, this front-mounted AIO solution might work a lot better in Gear 3 (GPU mounted behind the mobo tray) which is on the testing schedule for this weekend.

This result was just confirmed over the weekend with the installation of Corsair's latest H115i Platinum 280mm AIO solution as I saw similar results with the Enermax LiqTech TR4 240mm AIO when cooling the 1920x rig.

I fully agree on that as I experienced similar higher GPU temperature behind my radiator in my Cerberus-X.
Hopefully I was able to mitigate largely this drawback by adding another intake fan.

That's also why I'm recommending to place as exhaust if you are putting radiator everywhere...not the best cpu or gpu temperature, but a fare better average temperature of the system.

Anyway eager to see outcome of this MachOne..:)

ps : No ATX MB version in development?..:D

rafamundez

What's an ITX?
Nov 15, 2018

Hmm... could you cool both the CPU and GPU are cooled with 2x 140 mm AIO liquid coolers (with push/pull configs)? If you did so, would there still be temperature issues?

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Hmm... could you cool both the CPU and GPU are cooled with 2x 140 mm AIO liquid coolers (with push/pull configs)? If you did so, would there still be temperature issues?

The problem when your only intake in the case is being used by a radiator is two-fold:

a) You are decreasing by a lot the amount of air that gets into the case.
b) The little air that gets in... is already pre-heated by the radiator.

Which is why testing shows this huge increase in temperatures. They were expected to be honest.

But yes, using 2 x 140mm AIO would totally solve the problems. You can cool ANY gpu on the market with 120mm rad. ANY. The cpu... with a 120 / 140mm you will not be able to get any overclocks but it shouldn't throttle.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017

Here are some pictures of prototype 1.

Hi there!

Question, what is the difference between this Res and a simple Top?