The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
This is a CPU block as well.

Shit. And I was wondering what was up with that metal plate "on top". HAH.

Shouldn't it be called, then, block + pump? I just don't see the reservoir in there, unless this is being done for legal reasons as ASETEK has the patent for the cpu + pump combo.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Aside from manufacturing optimization, I have been working to get a low profile (<48mm) DDC Pump Res combo that will work for the M1, A4, C4 and Mach One.

Here are some pictures of prototype 1.

I have more ideas than time to execute, so we ask you guys to be patient, the product will only get better with iterations on our end - and it has to be, or else why waste everyone's time.

It's a pump, reservoir, AND a cold plate all in one at less than 5CM tall? That is magnificent. Something like that may just change my plans to air cool on the next build. Keep us updated.

Reactions: fabio

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
Yes, by all means, rush this chassis out, who cares about things like airflow & temps & such, just give us a shiny new toy NOW...!!!

[/sarcasm]

I definitely don't want to rush anything out. That said, I made an observation based on what I've seen so far. There are lots of people that jumped on the SFF wagon and built HEDT platforms realizing that they will either have to limit their CPUs or undervolt. The problem always comes down to cooling in SFF and it's a tradeoff. The timing is good for the MachOne and there is probably gonna be strong demand given the possibilities it offers.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I definitely don't want to rush anything out. That said, I made an observation based on what I've seen so far. There are lots of people that jumped on the SFF wagon and built HEDT platforms realizing that they will either have to limit their CPUs or undervolt. The problem always comes down to cooling in SFF and it's a tradeoff. The timing is good for the MachOne and there is probably gonna be strong demand given the possibilities it offers.

There is clear communication within the thread about there being some issues with AIO cooling & the chassis developer has indicated that he is looking to make changes to correct this, so now is not the time for this chassis in its current state...

I would rather wait until this time next year for a Mach One that is properly tested & revised & ready to go, rather than a Mach One that is rushed out the door for the sake of making a few sales...

And I am pretty sure those who want this chassis would rather it be right when one is laying out a good chunk of change for an expensive boutique chassis...

Reactions: rfarmer

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Apr 17, 2016
Chassis looked really finshed at CES 2018 coverage, and I understand they wan't to polish the gem and cater to as many ppl and HW configurations as possible. This could also be it's downfall, there is always something new to consider or apply. I think that's @vpri is trying to say, and me too I guess.

Anxiously waiting for a release date

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
Totally no rush, I want a complete high quality product, which is tbh what I was expecting form Loque and they kinda failed to deliver. I would also prefer to wait a little more and get highest quality.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I would love to see this case landing sooner than later. It'd please a lot of SFF builders.

You have no idea how much I want this thing haha. It's even worse being on the inside, watching Dan work on it! XD

But yes, we want to do it right. We're selling execution as much as we're selling our design.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
I have a question on this case, mostly for planning purposes. I saw from the initial post that the case should support a m-ITX motherboard, a 2-slot GPU and 280 radiator. Would the EVGA CLC 280 AIO also work in this configuration?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I have a question on this case, mostly for planning purposes. I saw from the initial post that the case should support a m-ITX motherboard, a 2-slot GPU and 280 radiator. Would the EVGA CLC 280 AIO also work in this configuration?

I believe the v1 prototype could support the EKWB 280 Phoenix AIO, so extrapolate from there...?

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
How would CNC be different than what was originally planned? Would that mean not having to bend the front panel, and just carving it out of a thick block of aluminum?