The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015
Seriously, take the time to read the thread, so you can actually get caught up...

Didnt see anything about where it said if it was going to be a pre-order or immediate ship. Might of overlooked that. Would also like to know if one of the creators of the case knows about Aquacomputer rad/res config and knows if it will work in the case or not. The Radiator is 63.5mm without the top pump module and curious as if it could be squeezed in. I would personally like to run the D5 if at all possible without having it mounted on the floor like in their drawings. I also not a fan of EK's quality in their products and like to use Aquacomputer/Watercool-Heatkiller instead.

Last edited:

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Also - Aquacomputer makes Rad/Pump/Res configs. Would love to use a high quality product like this. Will there be enough room in the case to use one of these?

Kind of late, so it might not be that helpful.

While aquacomputer's radiators are very high quality, their performance is pretty underwhelming. If you're looking for a radiator/pump combo the EK Phoenix Radiator Core Module might be better, its cheaper, more compact and most likely performs better.

Downside is that you have to acquire 2 suitable QDC's if you're not using EK's "CPU Module", or you could replace the existing QDC's with male to male barbs.

Edit: Turns out you can just remove the stock tubing, there are barbs directly on the unit.

Last edited:

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015

While aquacomputer's radiators are very high quality, their performance is pretty underwhelming. If you're looking for a radiator/pump combo the EK Phoenix Radiator Core Module might be better, its cheaper, more compact and most likely performs better.

Downside is that you have to acquire 2 suitable QDC's if you're not using EK's "CPU Module", or you could replace the existing QDC's with male to male barbs.

Edit: Turns out you can just remove the stock tubing, there are barbs directly on the unit.

I didn't think you could take the fittings and hosing off these ones due to the issues they were having with the previous generation. Good to know.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Have a gig coming up for which a small matx workstation (in a MachOne case) would work so much better than a hot, seemingly unreliable, and expensive laptop (that I still have to buy) w/professional thunderbolt equipment (that I already have). Though it's a shame that the WallyE bag is apparently EoL.

Hope everything is going well with the continued research/planning. No rush, but I think folk are no less excited.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I have fitted the EK MLC Phoenix 280 in the Mach One.

Reactions: lawney

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I've not mentioned it as I wasn't sure if @Wahaha360 would want me to yet. It has been in discussion for some time, but we've both been incredibly busy so it has taken some time to work out.

I got a solution for metal frame and aluminum corners ;)

I have to finish prototype for and meet dondan in Germany, I might swing by UK and ideally show you in person.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
mid 2019.

I have to hold this project to get G-UNIQ, NFC, DAN, LAZER3D, Kimera Cerberus, projects out.

Just got busy.

I know all the new cases you mention, but I haven't seen a be case by NFC. Does this confirm that he is putting out something new?