Prototype Slim console-style case from Velkase. Looking for tester and reader feedback.

ryankru720

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 23, 2022
I really love your cases. I was wondering how hard is to assembly this case because no instructions come with it?

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
I really love your cases. I was wondering how hard is to assembly this case because no instructions come with it?
It comes mostly assembled, so you just need to remember how you took it apart.

Some of the trickier stuff for me was the case feet and such, but I figured it out.
There’s only like 3 types of screws and it’s well designed

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
If you have built a PC before, the assembly process should be fairly straightforward for these prototypes.
I would say that it is easier compared to the Velka 3/5/7 in case you are familiar with those. There is a little bit more flexibility in the order of assembly steps and more spare room around components in general.

Reactions: sos

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Sure, go ahead
Received today and decided to move my system over into it. Took about 2.5 hours since I had to build, find I had to do it a different way to make life easier, disassemble and repeat. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to attach the feet. I am looking to use the 2 small rectangular feet but can't seem to figure out how it's meant to be attached.

Double sided tape?

EDIT: That said, since I know the order or things, shouldn't take more than 20 - 30mins to build. Will post pics, temps etc in a few days.

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I am looking to use the 2 small rectangular feet but can't seem to figure out how it's meant to be attached.

Double sided tape?
You will need to attach the hexagonal mounting plates to the face you want the feet on. There should be two screws on each plate positioned diagonally from each other. Then, the feet can be screwed onto those plates from the outside.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Thank you. That helped. Will post images and details about things I felt could use improvement sometime at the end of the week.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Case has great airflow, layout is great and size is perfect. Majority of my issues were just figuring out order of components going in and cable management. On the subject of able management, atleast with the default cables that come with the corsair PSU for the 24 pin on the MB + the usb 3.0 cable + Power Cable, it's extremely tight for space with just a mm of clearance stopping the side panel from bulging a bit. I couldn't run the power cable to the psu or the usb 3.0 cables on any other side since they are flush with the side panels. Listing pros and cons below.

Pros:
  • Great airflow, practically identical to the patx v2 I had prior. Temps are mostly the same as well.
  • Everything feels solid once assembled and packed in with components
  • The system to swap the top and bottom panels is great.
  • 50mm cpu cooler height makes the axp90 with a duct fairly inaudible at full rpm due to no turbulence.
  • Cooling for FE RTX cards are great, similar to open air. Not sure about AIB cards that vent up/down. I imagine a lot more heat re-circulation will occur, specially towards the bottom but have no way to test currently

Cons:
  • A better retention system for the case feet. Currently removing them requires tools (so even making it parallel for transport means I need a screwdriver)
  • Taking the side panel off for quick changes/modifications requires removing the front off as well. This means 4 screws for the front, and 5 for each side panel. If I needed to take both sides off that's 14 screws and wiggling the front panel carefully so you don't scratch things or nick the power button cables. Would appreciate not having to take the front off to get to the sides.
  • Side panels on the back are only held in at the top and bottom. I feel there should be one in the middle in the odd cases that there's an ever so slight bulge in the middle. Took me multiple attempts of cable management to get rid of the bulge.
One other thing I think would just look a bit better is the perforations going all the way on each side vs the specific areas on the top and bottom; not sure how it would affect heat dissipation.

Here's an album with images of my build and pc setup as a whole:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael Can you let me know the length of the PCIE cable? Looking to switch with pcie 4.0.
5 cm cable, 10 cm edge-to-edge. Have you already tested PCIe gen 4 compatibility with the included cable? If you have and it does not work well, could you please let me know your motherboard and CPU models?

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
5 cm cable, 10 cm edge-to-edge. Have you already tested PCIe gen 4 compatibility with the included cable? If you have and it does not work well, could you please let me know your motherboard and CPU models?
Oh, didn't test. Assumed it was gen 3. I'll give it a go and let you know tomorrow.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Oh, didn't test. Assumed it was gen 3. I'll give it a go and let you know tomorrow.
Nevermind, the cable works in gen 4 mode. I use the same motherboard as you in the pics. Asrock b550m ITX.
Great.

Basically, it is too early to guarantee any level of gen 4 compatibility for this PCIe riser.

There needs to be more testing, stock available for replacements, possibly extra product development.