SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Reactions: damekko

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
While I'm hopeful an outage from January 2 wouldnt affect us this far back, customs can be surprising... I really hope they process our mini's soon cause this Silverstone SG13 feels pretty ugly already

Tell me about it, this is my sg13b u.u

And it's visual pollution because i have it on top of my TV on a shelf :/

Reactions: brennan

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Yeah, I'm based in London. Mine actually arrived in the UK on the 17th of Jan - but they took me a week to send the letter asking to pay customs charges. I did that as soon as I received it, then they took another two days to deliver it. Will probably collect Saturday now.

Vcaps26

Caliper Novice
Jan 24, 2018
Lucky to finally know where it is at least - hoping it appears out of the blue this week, even though my shipping info has yet to change since the 17th when it was shipped

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
dang yall are dying waiting for tracking/shipping/whatever. :( I wanna see these builds!! :'(

I know... :( hopefully mine arrives today.

Was in Customs less than 4 hours, which is INCREDIBLE.

Package status: In transit
Destination country: Mexico
2018-01-31 10:53 Operating Office international Operation Mexpost EMS, CDMX., in transit to destination
2018-01-31 07:13 MXMEXE, beginning of the customs review in country destination
2018-01-31 07:12 MEXICO, in int exchange zone. In the destination country, prior customs
Origin country: Taiwan [CN]
2018-01-26 09:00 International Air Mail section, exported-data detailed as the right, destination country: Mexico, Purpose Interchange Bureau: MEXICO, Total package number: 19, departure date: 20180126
2018-01-25 14:01 Keelung Love three-way post office, send mail, destination country: Mexico
======================================
Powered by www.17track.net

friendswithben

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 27, 2017

An hour with the orbital sander later. . HDPLEX 300W AC-DC unit fits. Bonus: because the fit is so tight, both removable panels act as heatsinks. Seems pretty useful cause the case gets warm, even when idle.

Slight modification to IEC C6 connector and I have 3 prong power input. Also included a switch in the round hole to turn on and off the power switch lighting.

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018

An hour with the orbital sander later. . HDPLEX 300W AC-DC unit fits. Bonus: because the fit is so tight, both removable panels act as heatsinks. Seems pretty useful cause the case gets warm, even when idle.

Slight modification to IEC C6 connector and I have 3 prong power input. Also included a switch in the round hole to turn on and off the power switch lighting.
Awesome.

Do you have any pics of the sanding process?

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018

Thank you for this! What is your GPU? Did you removed the plastic fan casing?

Rorec

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2018
New to the forums here and looking forward to learn! I got my Skyreach 4 Mini here in Boston roughly a 3-4 days ago. Packing shows it was sent from Lian-Li Industrial.

Will be my first build of this size, done roughly 100 or so builds with big brand cases so far. Might settle for a 1060 because crypto is driving prices of 1070's and up to insane prices. Primary use for it will be a travel sized stream encoder.

Reactions: damekko

friendswithben

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 27, 2017
Awesome.

Do you have any pics of the sanding process?
Nope, just took some 60 grit (should have looked harder for 40) and spent a whole 5 pieces of orbital sandpaper just getting it down. Fit right now is still not quite right, about 1mm of space between the panels on that side, so when my stuff comes in for custom cabling I'll have another go at it. Pair of calipers recommended so you can know where you're unevenly sanding.

Thank you for this! What is your GPU? Did you removed the plastic fan casing?

Nvidia Quadro P2000. It's a workstation card, single slot. Didn't remove the fan casing. Fits VERY snug against the AC/DC. Like, another 1-3 millimeters would have meant I'd have to modify the PCI bracket or some shit to get it in there.

Reactions: damekko and Obelisk