SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Thanks for the link! I did find that seller on Ebay yesterday, but they don't have the NC25. They are currently selling the TTC-NK95HS instead which is 40mm tall as opposed to 30.5 mm on the NC25. I emailed them as well as a few other sellers asking if they could get the NC25 in. I also sent an email to the manufacturer, but I think they only sell in lots of 200. You may have gotten in on the last of the stock. Lucky! ;)
but that ebay listing says they have 5 in stock?? why not just buy one there?

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
but that ebay listing says they have 5 in stock?? why not just buy one there?

It says the item is no longer available on my screen. Ended Jan 14, 2018.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Wow! That's darn fast for standard shipping. It says 3-4 weeks. Guess I wasted $33. :/ From the messages I've read here, I didn't get the impression that there's a massive backlog of orders (fingers crossed).
Well I have bought stuff on alliexpress a lot and it takes anywhere from a week to four. It is variable. Also it is posible it was already shipped for a couple days before I got my notification from the sfflabs. San Francisco is a major hub to Taiwan so I usually get stuff pretty quickly. I also don’t have vat tax or anything to pay.

Reactions: Eigua

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
SFFLab Standard Shipping looks like it refers to using International Parcel Post which uses this Delivery Standard (delivery days)
Tracking number starts with R or CP (example: RR9999999CN)

SFFLab Express Shipping might be International EMS (Express Mail Service) which uses this other Delivery Standard (delivery days)
Tracking number starts with EE (example: EE9999999TQ)

Edit: Wording

Last edited:

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
[USER=5835]@Eigua I'm currently using the L9i to cool an 84W CPU without an issue. Although I've been following KMPKT's heatsink thread and hope to upgrade to a cooler of his design if the prototypes prove to be successful.[/USER]

That's good to hear. I'm sure the L9i would be adequate for the task, but I always like to have as much headroom as possible should I decide to OC or if I need to run it in a hot environment. Plus having a better heat sink should allow running the fan at a lower speed when not OC'd.

I hadn't heard of KMPKT's heat sink thread. That looks awesome! I spent quite a while trying to find an all-copper heat sink that was around 30-33mm without fan, but came up empty. That will be a fun project to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTeags

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I hadn't heard of KMPKT's heat sink thread. That looks awesome! I spent quite a while trying to find an all-copper heat sink that was around 30-33mm without fan, but came up empty. That will be a fun project to watch.

Unfortunately my heatsink (at least the first iteration) will be designed with a stock height of 46mm. You will be able to employ 80mm fans with a variety of spacers for incremental height adjustments. The lowest configuration I can think of will be using an Akasa 80mm x 10mm slim fan which should give a minimum height of 38mm.

Reactions: McTeags and Eigua

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
Unfortunately my heatsink (at least the first iteration) will be designed with a stock height of 46mm. You will be able to employ 80mm fans with a variety of spacers for incremental height adjustments. The lowest configuration I can think of will be using an Akasa 80mm x 10mm slim fan which should give a minimum height of 38mm.

That sounds fine to me. Changing a fan is no big deal.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
No, but it's cool! :cool: Do we really need such tiny, awesome bespoke cases?

Haha yes! :D
Jokes aside, everyone was talking M.2 heatsinks so much that it felt like it was a requirement :) I got a bit worried since I hadn't looked at it at all!

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017

An internal water-cooled S4M.. :p anyone?
Nice!
Looks like in 3 months some mindblowing builds are going to be finished.
Most likely we would have:
A) Camp "Internal Water-cooled S4M" for those filling spare case space with a pump and radiator
B) Camp "400w Brickless S4M" for those filling spare case space with internal AC-DC PSUs (Hopefully, that's your plan, @Kmpkt)
I wonder which side would I take.

Last edited:

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Jokes aside, everyone was talking M.2 heatsinks so much that it felt like it was a requirement :) I got a bit worried since I hadn't looked at it at all!

In fairness - I have the Asus Strix Z370 with the M2 heatsink - I touched it the other day and man - that thing was hot (using a 1TB NVME SSD). Not hot enough to throttle, but very warm for sure.

Also, heads up if you are using this board with the Noctual NH L9i - the M2 heatsink jutts out in such a way that you can only mount the cooler venting into the RAM on one side and Motherboard VRMs on the other. Worse for the RAM, but way better for the M2 which is producing more heat itself. Finally those RAM heatspreaders will get some use too.

Reactions: Tanax

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
In fairness - I have the Asus Strix Z370 with the M2 heatsink - I touched it the other day and man - that thing was hot (using a 1TB NVME SSD). Not hot enough to throttle, but very warm for sure.

Also, heads up if you are using this board with the Noctual NH L9i - the M2 heatsink jutts out in such a way that you can only mount the cooler venting into the RAM on one side and Motherboard VRMs on the other. Worse for the RAM, but way better for the M2 which is producing more heat itself. Finally those RAM heatspreaders will get some use too.
Really?? I thought most people with the Strix Z370 had the heatsink orientated the other way.

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018

It was pretty much just me being obsessed about it and posting many messages. Everyone else was just replying to me. I'm mainly concerned about throttling since I've seen some information shows that even a basic heatsink can increase the read/write duration by 4x before throttling occurs on a Samsung Evo 960 Pro.

Have you done any tests to verify that this is actually better for the M.2? I've seen some information that shows that down-blowing CPU fans may actually improve motherboard and surrounding component temps. I saw it referenced in this video by Josh as well (2 clips from it):

Zalman CNPS2X
Zalman CNPS2X w/ Scythe 120mm fan

I would have thought that blowing hot air over the components would make them hotter, but it seems that just having increased airflow in general helps move the heat away, at least in this test. There doesn't appear to be any consensus out there when searching on the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanax