SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Mine shipped the 17th, tracker has not changed since then and also am going through JFK being from MA, with expedited shipping on top of that.... something seems off considering it's now approaching two full weeks.

This is also my situation... Tracker says "AMC j.f.kennedy, Total package number: 55, Departure date: 20180118" and no other updates apart from Taiwan... I really hope customs didn't "lose" it...

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Hi @Josh | NFC one question what's the transportation method for shipping? for normal by boat and for express by air? Thank you!
Boats is not something regularly used right now, I guess, every method uses air transportation since boat usually takes up to month to fill up and travel. (that's something from my own experience)

Reactions: damekko

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
Thanks @Untero just trying to understand the shipping 101 hope my tracking doesn't get stuck for long, hasn't shown any status since the 25th (i chose the express method):

International Air Mail section, exported-data detailed as the right, destination country: Mexico, Purpose Interchange Bureau: MEXICO, Total package number: 19

Edit: Wording

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Don't mean to clutter the thread but just wanna confirm something...
To those of you that have yet to receive your preorder s4m in the US and paid for express, is the customs location JFK AMC?

Just wanna make sure mines an isolated case and it's not that this particular spot is holding them.
Mine shipped the 17th, tracker has not changed since then and also am going through JFK being from MA, with expedited shipping on top of that.... something seems off considering it's now approaching two full weeks.
This is also my situation... Tracker says "AMC j.f.kennedy, Total package number: 55, Departure date: 20180118" and no other updates apart from Taiwan... I really hope customs didn't "lose" it...
Echo this. Same here and same date as @Craxas. Has anyone gotten any updates after JFK?
@Craxas @20legend -- Amen brothas, hopefully its just very bad tracking, and maybe it references a large group of them coming to MA as a batch, no clue why this would be relevant, but lets hope we get them before Wednesday this week!

Hey guys. I know it is really frustrating to not get your MINI in a fast timeframe, especially when you paid for express shipping. Before sending these out we did several tests making sure to send MINIs to NA at various shipping rates to make sure the labels were being generated correctly and that the forms were OK. I also ordered several MINIs myself to "test" the process outside the process, if that makes sense.

Beyond that, there isn't anything anyone can do when something gets held in customs. It doesn't matter what shipping speed you pay for; if customs is backed up there is nothing the carrier or seller can do. SFFLAB contacted the carrier about your packages, but the carrier hasn't reported anything unusual like a missing document or incorrect label, so it is likely customs is at this location is just backed up.

This is a thorn in my side on a regular basis, especially since I ship outside the USA for custom builds all the time. I can say that I have never had anything lost in customs, although sometimes it can get stuck there for a good long while. I have parts to make my buttons still stuck and I have ordered multiple backups as well, but sometimes you just get unlucky. Keep in mind SFFLAB has shipped about three hundred MINIs at this point (thank you!) and most of those are in the hands of customers, many of them EMS USA customers. So you really are unlucky if it went through JFK and is stuck. :(

As far as the tracking being bad--yes, it is. Whenever you deal with the post office it is bad. Golly I have to explain to my poor full build customers that when we ship via USPS it is normal for it to be reported as being sent to a US state with a similar zip code as the recipient's address, or to go to Miami then to Singapore before going back to Miami and then to Hong Kong. It is just bad when you deal with USPS and overseas. I do have a short tutorial on how to get a little more info out of your tracking utility.

We could consider taking off EMS as an option...but ultimately I don't think it has anything to do with getting held over. It is a crap shoot. I don't know if you have ideas for any solutions to this, but of course I would like to hear them.

In the meantime, Dan from SFFLAB is aware of the half a handful of you that are having this problem and is trying to answer your emails as fast as he can and address them individually with the care he can. Keep in mind he doesn't have any more info than what you have, and that right now he is traveling overseas.

Peace and thank you for your patience.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Hey guys. I know it is really frustrating to not get your MINI in a fast timeframe, especially when you paid for express shipping. Before sending these out we did several tests making sure to send MINIs to NA at various shipping rates to make sure the labels were being generated correctly and that the forms were OK. I also ordered several MINIs myself to "test" the process outside the process, if that makes sense.

Beyond that, there isn't anything anyone can do when something gets held in customs. It doesn't matter what shipping speed you pay for; if customs is backed up there is nothing the carrier or seller can do. SFFLAB contacted the carrier about your packages, but the carrier hasn't reported anything unusual like a missing document or incorrect label, so it is likely customs is at this location is just backed up.

This is a thorn in my side on a regular basis, especially since I ship outside the USA for custom builds all the time. I can say that I have never had anything lost in customs, although sometimes it can get stuck there for a good long while. I have parts to make my buttons still stuck and I have ordered multiple backups as well, but sometimes you just get unlucky. Keep in mind SFFLAB has shipped about three hundred MINIs at this point (thank you!) and most of those are in the hands of customers, many of them EMS USA customers. So you really are unlucky if it went through JFK and is stuck. :(

We could consider taking off EMS as an option...but ultimately I don't think it has anything to do with getting held over. It is a crap shoot. I don't know if you have ideas for any solutions to this, but of course I would like to hear them.

In the meantime, Dan from SFFLAB is aware of the half a handful of you that are having this problem and is trying to answer your emails as fast as he can and address them individually with the care he can. Keep in mind he doesn't have any more info than what you have, and that right now he is traveling overseas.

Peace and thank you for your patience.

Thanks Josh, this puts me at ease a bit. I'll just give it a couple of more days before I go even crazier :p

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
Silver vs Black

Now gotta wait for my hdplex and button...

It looks good black, it's kind of stealthy! Did you powdercoat or liquid painted it? :)

I would leave mine silver and going to put up some blue accents; gonna try to make it look like the Nissan Skyline from 2fast 2 furious

It has everything i like in it... my favorite colors, my favorite car, and my favorite PC !!!

Reactions: 7amad and kulbida

7amad

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 18, 2018
It looks good black, it's kind of stealthy! Did you powdercoat or liquid painted it? :)

I would leave mine silver and going to put up some blue accents; gonna try to make it look like the Nissan Skyline from 2fast 2 furious

It has everything i like in it... my favorite colors, my favorite car, and my favorite PC !!!

These are the black panels from SFFLab. Beautiful car.
Maybe add a spoiler too like this :p :

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Just to follow on from Josh's post above...

I've bought twice from SFFLAB, paid for express shipping twice. Both got from Taiwan to the UK in about 48 hours. Customs took 6 days on the first parcel and 4 minutes (!), on the second.

Delivery was 48 hours after (In the UK ParcelForce send you an invoice for customs charges first and will only deliver once those charges are paid off). Parcelforce are usually good with tracking so I've had no issues with regards to that.

So my case (pun intended), it's customs that has the biggest bearing on how quickly these parcels get from Lian Li to me.

Might be able to speed this up by UPS or DHL or someone else who would deal with the parcel door to door, but that would likely be way more expensive - bear in mind that customs will likely similar in terms of it being a lottery.

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
Regarding the Titan-Nc25 cooler, This is where I bought mine from: you're welcome. :)

Thanks for the link! I did find that seller on Ebay yesterday, but they don't have the NC25. They are currently selling the TTC-NK95HS instead which is 40mm tall as opposed to 30.5 mm on the NC25. I emailed them as well as a few other sellers asking if they could get the NC25 in. I also sent an email to the manufacturer, but I think they only sell in lots of 200. You may have gotten in on the last of the stock. Lucky! ;)