Jan 18, 2018
I need help.. I think I got the wrong Dell 330w adapter:

Is this right?
Thanks.

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
@7amad

As far as volts, amps and watts are concerned. It is correct. AFAIK original dell charger usually carries Model Number DA330PM111, yours is different. It might be a replacement charger. Where did you bought it from ? Replacement chargers are fine, as long as they are good quality. I bought two, one DA330PM111 and other being sold as "replacement charger" ( for one third the price ). Just by looking at the charger, I could tell that the replacement charger is not good quality. If you paid the full price, you should contact the seller. Or just use it, if it works fine then it doesn't matter.

Here is mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Apr 17, 2016

Is this right?
Thanks.

Looks like my EU bought adapter, has Finnish & Swedish warning texts etc.
My brick runs a 1080 mini without sweating so I guess it's a genuine brick.

7amad

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 18, 2018
@7amad

As far as volts, amps and watts are concerned. It is correct. AFAIK original dell charger usually carries Model Number DA330PM111, yours is different. It might be a replacement charger. Where did you bought it from ? Replacement chargers are fine, as long as they are good quality. I bought two, one DA330PM111 and other being sold as "replacement charger" ( for one third the price ). Just by looking at the charger, I could tell that the replacement charger is not good quality. If you paid the full price, you should contact the seller. Or just use it, if it works fine then it doesn't matter.

Here is mine.

I got it from Amazon UK, here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-450-18980-Adapter-Alienware-M18xR1/dp/B0183T3NH6/
Sold by Amazon, seems legit.

Looks like my EU bought adapter, has Finnish & Swedish warning texts etc.
My brick runs a 1080 mini without sweating so I guess it's a genuine brick.
Then that's probably it a European version since its from the UK.
I am also going for a 1080 mini so that's good to hear.

Thanks! Now to wait for the rest of the parts and the case.

may85

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 19, 2017

Is this right?
Thanks.
@7amad

Here is mine.

Both LA330 and DA330 power brick are made by well known good OEM for laptop charger or power brick, AIO psu, etc.
LA330 is made by Lite-On Technology, and DA330 is made by Delta Electronics, both are Dell partner.
So don't worry about their quality.
Cheers.

Reactions: Wasim

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Do you think Noctua NF-F12 would fit ? Its height (25 mm) might be a problem. Maybe Josh can confirm.

Depending standoff height the total height of the mobo + space beneath + socket + ihs + l9i w/ a9x14 is 51-53mm. If I recall correctly the internal height restriction is 57mm, so a 25mm fan would not fit.

Also you want to keep some space between the fan and top panel or you run into some turbenlence pulling air through the ventilation holes.

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
Both LA330 and DA330 power brick are made by well known good OEM for laptop charger or power brick, AIO psu, etc.
LA330 is made by Lite-On Technology, and DA330 is made by Delta Electronics, both are Dell partner.
So don't worry about their quality.
Cheers.

I'd be interested to hear from others, but I would not put my faith in LITE-ON products. I've had too many of their parts go bad in the *Dell computers at my bank.

Reactions: may85

Revamp

Cable Smoosher
Aug 3, 2017
Order #1168, still awaiting tracking info.
I'm getting anxious and currently working on fine tuning my 8700k/32gb/1080 build to get it as cool as possible. Still going through the tedious undervolting process, then I will work on the GPU, then RAM timings and such, then I should be ready for the heart transplant when my case arrives.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Look what I got today boys !

I can't wait to see people who have the ALL-BLACK side panels too! :D

Order #1168, still awaiting tracking info.
I'm getting anxious and currently working on fine tuning my 8700k/32gb/1080 build to get it as cool as possible. Still going through the tedious undervolting process, then I will work on the GPU, then RAM timings and such, then I should be ready for the heart transplant when my case arrives.
I'm hype for your results and build log! :D

Reactions: damekko