SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I almost cried tears of pride and joy watching the video, I can't wait to see those build logs ! Another must-buy case, all these awesome cases make it really hard to save money for the less important stuff like living and food.

I love all the changes in the Skyreach 4 Mini, it's an awesome new case that improves so much on the S4 Mini, a case I thought was already at its pinnacle. If this design doesn't inspire commercial case brand designers, then the world of cases will truly belong you and all the amazing people here striving for the best.

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Guys...I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words. I wish I could take credit for the S4M but I'm just a filter. You guys bombard me with ideas constantly. I'm actually already kicking myself for missing a few really great ideas you all have had for the S4M so far and it's only been announced for two days haha.

Can't wait till I can ship them to you. :)

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015

ace362

What's an ITX?
May 10, 2016

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I love the case, I have been drooling over it for the past year and a half. I Just watched your video and it got me thinking would console power supply's work? I did some research and here is what i found.A 12 dollar ps3 power supply that is supposedly capable of 12v 32amps output based on this wiki page.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supp...906836?hash=item3af6dee894:g:V~wAAOSw9hdaA9dO

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Power_Supply
Someone modded a 360 brick or Xbox one brick to work so I don't see why not

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
So without any modding, what's the most power hungry GTX series GPU the system would allow while having internal AC-DC power?
I imagine you'd only be able to fit the HDPLEX 160W AC-DC. Therefore, best DC-DC power to match it would be the Dynamo Mini which is rated for 160W also (although on SFFLAB it says 200W?).

Is this the most juice I'd be able to get out of it? 160W? According to some websites, even the GTX 1060 uses 120W while using - leaving only 40W for rest of the system which isn't very much...

Or will the new S4M support for higher wattage solutions internally?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
So without any modding, what's the most power hungry GTX series GPU the system would allow while having internal AC-DC power?
I imagine you'd only be able to fit the HDPLEX 160W AC-DC. Therefore, best DC-DC power to match it would be the Dynamo Mini which is rated for 160W also (although on SFFLAB it says 200W?).

Is this the most juice I'd be able to get out of it? 160W? According to some websites, even the GTX 1060 uses 120W while using - leaving only 40W for rest of the system which isn't very much...

Currently the most powerful GPU that I feel confident recommending to customers along with a 65w CPU is the is the 1050ti. If you know what you are doing, have alot of patience, and don't mind making changes on a per game basis, you might be able to get away with a 1060...but its not something I can SAFELY recommend.

But this is the way I look at it...there is alot of competition in the space among really talented people. I am betting on there being some really awesome solutions coming out in the near future. :)

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
@Josh | NFC Since Linus liked your S4M-C so much, you should send him one of your new S4M's. Get the word out that you'll have a more regular stock available. He has a ton of subscribers.
He seems to do one to two video a day. At his rate he is looking for anything that he can make content on. The announcement of the s4m and the ssflabs should be enough. Three hard to get amazing sff cases coming to mass production almost is huge news. Linus would be stupid not to do it

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

The most you can reasonably do is a 200 or 250W custom 2x4 12V PSU. These require a G-UNIQUE plug in unit. This means a 1060 and a detuned cpu. Or a heavily throttled 1070.

You can theoretically Frankenstein two 200W PSU for total 400W internal. But that is not a reasonable build.

It'd be lovely if someone does a custom AC-DC project where we contract Meanwell to do a long 2" PSU that can provide 400W internally.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
You can theoretically Frankenstein two 200W PSU for total 400W internal. But that is not a reasonable build.

I had this in my mind too XD One PSU for only PCIe power and the other one to power the motherboard, CPU and up to 75W of the PCIe slot.

Reactions: Soul_Est