SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
This is exciting, what heatsink/fan and mobo you got for it? You gonna do pre-delid and post-delid temp tests?
Z370i Strix, I wouldn't have it up and running for a bit but I'm getting parts. I have a Zalman cooler now but I'm thinking either your cooler or the ol' reliable NH-L9i.

Reactions: CubanLegend

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
I might be able to get both temps, I definitely will post results from the delid but I don't know it will come together or if I want to even attempt turning it on without a delid. I know this thing will hit 100c without problems!

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Z370i Strix, I wouldn't have it up and running for a bit but I'm getting parts. I have a Zalman cooler now but I'm thinking either your cooler or the ol' reliable NH-L9i.
If I were you, look at my temps, with that HOT 8700k I'd recommend you go all out in terms of cooling, go with the LP53 and get the NF-A9x14 PWM.

Just make sure you get temps from before and after your delid using the same conditions, since once you delid you can never go back and compare. :D

And i recommend the Prime25 v26.6 8K FFT's in place temp test for 10 minutes be your go-to for hottest-core temps. It's what I used in my build thread to guage pre and post delid temps and temps across different coolers and fans.

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
Oh it's gonna go all out or burn my house down trying! I have a good record with killing boards with heat!! I will try to get more numbers though and post them up on here for anyone thinking about being this crazy!

Reactions: Biowarejak

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
If I were you, look at my temps, with that HOT 8700k I'd recommend you go all out in terms of cooling, go with the LP53 and get the NF-A9x14 PWM.

Just make sure you get temps from before and after your delid using the same conditions, since once you delid you can never go back and compare. :D

And i recommend the Prime25 v26.6 8K FFT's in place temp test for 10 minutes be your go-to for hottest-core temps. It's what I used in my build thread to guage pre and post delid temps and temps across different coolers and fans.
That will be what I use! I have been following your temps for a while. It will probably be closer to Christmas as this is a gift from my girlfriend lol. Please hold while I hunt for diamonds XD

Reactions: Biowarejak

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Oh it's gonna go all out or burn my house down trying! I have a good record with killing boards with heat!! I will try to get more numbers though and post them up on here for anyone thinking about being this crazy!
just for science, you should do your first set of tests with the VRM heat towers ON, then remove them, then, delid, so we can really see how these mods affect an 8700k. Up to you, lol.
That will be what I use! I have been following your temps for a while. It will probably be closer to Christmas as this is a gift from my girlfriend lol. Please hold while I hunt for diamonds XD
Sweet! I'm so excited to see an 8700k in an S4, and with temps someday :D You rock bro! FOR SCIENCE!

Reactions: ngriesdo

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
That cooler is pricey! Lol I found it on eBay if anyone else knows where to find it before Christmas let me know!

Edit 1: @CubanLegend It will be in an S4M-C now! I will more over to that thread in over to not get this one all full and sorry for the spam!

Edit 2: I will have to find one on eBay then!

Last edited:
Reactions: CubanLegend

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
@CubanLegend Where did you purchase your LP53 if you don't mind me asking.
yeah it was on eBay, took 4 weeks to get to me in the US, just a heads up on the wait time.

EDIT1: Also, @ngriesdo idk if your 8700k is going in an S4M-C or an SRM? If it's going in an S4M-C you might want to move to talking about it in that thread to help keep this thread focused on SRM builds. :)

EDIT2: and don't be afraid to edit a post with an addition (like I did here) it can help to avoid multiples posts in succession. :)

Last edited:

kevlar

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2017
It will absolutely work, just don't push it with Prime95 and Afterburner or something like that. Easy way to trip the OCP. I'd recommend a T-Sku from intel and a 1050ti in that use case, maximum.

Hmm, no 65W CPUs recommended? What about say, a Ryzen 5 1600 (the hexcore one)?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hmm, no 65W CPUs recommended? What about say, a Ryzen 5 1600 (the hexcore one)?
If it's got 35watts of power draw (AMD doesn't correlate that directly with TDP), that's fine. If it isn't but you can undervolt it, that's also fine. Otherwise no. You have to balance the CPU/GPU/System wattage.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
So a ~200W power peak build is okay with both 160W on the DC-ATX and AC-DC side? I'm looking forward to trying out a brickless build, but I'm worried about potential issues from lack of wattage on the power supply end.
Actually I'm planning a build with R5 1600 and a 55w gpu with 160 dc-atx and 160 ac-dc. I'm worried about that too - and I should be done with the build in a few weeks' time. I'll report back.

Meanwhile you can prob look for a heftier brick, say dell 230. Sadly most bricks aren't designed to run internally like hdplex's

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Think you’ll have the nfc shop updated with the new wood bezels and sky-brackets by the time the pre orders go live?