SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

garou81

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2017
@Josh | NFC going forward what is the plan for front panel customization? Will you provide the dimensions of the front panel so we dont have to cut our originals? Id like to have front panel usb ports day one

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Now to have your help with something...we need to get Dbrand to make skins for the S4M. It is a really easy part and low risk to them...and I would love for you guys to have even more aftermarket options. :)

I'm more partial to getting Toast to make a wood or leather veneer for the S4M myself

https://www.toastmade.com

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC going forward what is the plan for front panel customization? Will you provide the dimensions of the front panel so we dont have to cut our originals? Id like to have front panel usb ports day one

Yes, I will have CAD soon when I get caught up for the 2D bezels. Going to upload a bajillion combinations, and offer customization for those of you who want to send me your bezels in the mail, or want to order new ones from me in carbon fiber or CCA. I'm doing some smoke CCA ones soon after I finish a customers NCase M1 side panel on my mill.

I'm thinking about the 3D hardwood ones now too, and wondering if there are any features you guys would want to see me work with and plan on. I think the optical drive system will work best with the 3D bezels as there needs to be a way to bolt the tray in and I can do it from the backside with the 3D bezels.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I'm interested to see what customers who ordered the extra panels will say. The Silver Panels/Black Bezel of the S4M-C received tons of email compliments by customers who loved it when they held it in person. I think the silver panels are the most versatile as they match a wider variety of bezel colors and materials, internal colors of hardware, sleeving, and lighting, and the major factor, can be mixed with candy powercoats so your aftermarket colorization is easy. I think there might be some converts to the silver planels with black bezel in the weeks to come. :)

I for one was originally on the pre-order list back in January for an all Black S4M-C. Life happened, and i couldn't afford it in time like i thought i would be able to. I got pushed back to the September pre-order, but no all black S4M-C's were available for that pre-order. I was super bummed, i really wanted an all black case. Then i got the case, and honestly its grown on me, and now i actually prefer the silver/black over the all black.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Get two dell 330W bricks. Use the Dynamo 12V + HDPlex pico. Should get you there.

If you pair the Dynamo Mini with any brick around 200W and have a 330W dell for the Dynamo 360 you can pull this off no problem. If you think you can manage the 7900X on 160W (including PCIe power) then you could actually do an internal HD Plex 160W AC-DC with an external 330W Dell Brick in combo so you aren't double external bricking it.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pretty sure if you want to use a C13 entry slot, you'll need to chop up your case. Honestly though, I can't imagine why you would want to when C8 has more than enough capacity for any internally mounted power supply.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Pretty sure if you want to use a C13 entry slot, you'll need to chop up your case. Honestly though, I can't imagine why you would want to when C8 has more than enough capacity for any internally mounted power supply.
I can squeeze in two 200W meanwell in one. Not going to put 400W without a ground.

Last edited:

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Congratulations with the new design. The silver looks stunning and it's my preferred combo :D.

I'm consider getting in on this batch as I'm disappointed by the size of the Node 202 (too big) and the noise. A couple questions:

- I can only pay with PayPal and understand this option will be available coming next week. I assume it's unlikely it will sell out before?
- Does anyone know where I might buy a 330W brick in Europe for a decent price for this build? I want to use it with HDPLEX 400W.
- I'm planning porting my existing hardware (i5 2500K with p8z77 itx board). I assume this should be OK. Don't know what GPU I will use but it's probably something like the 970/1060. Could this be powered with a 200W brick system to save money.
- I will only need to buy a (vandal) switch, everything else is included?

Thanks for (anyone) taking the time to answer this.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
- I can only pay with PayPal and understand this option will be available coming next week. I assume it's unlikely it will sell out before?

I wouldn't worry about the cases selling out in this time frame. If they do, you can bet there will be another run coming immediately as there will be plenty of capital to do so.

- I'm planning porting my existing hardware (i 2500K with p8z77 itxt board). I assume this should be OK. Don't know what GPU I will use but it's probably something like the 970/1060. Could this be powered with a 200W brick system to save money.

There is a very large difference in power consumption between the 1060 and 970. I would personally choose the former. 200W should be sufficient, but depending on peak power consumption on the 2500K, you may be pushing it.

will only need to buy a (vandal) switch, everything else is included?
That is correct. Also worth mentioning is that @Josh | NFC sells pre-sleeved vandal switches as part of his accessories selection (at least he has in the past). They are high quality and guaranteed to work with the S4M.

Does anyone know where I might buy a 330W brick in Europe for a decent price for this build? I want to use it with HDPLEX 400W.

I'll leave this to the Euros. The one thing I will say is beware of non-authentic bricks. We've had a number of members have trouble with knockoff units from China.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Congratulations with the new design. The silver looks stunning and it's my preferred combo :D.

I'm consider getting in on this batch as I'm disappointed by the size of the Node 202 (too big) and the noise. A couple questions:

- Does anyone know where I might buy a 330W brick in Europe for a decent price for this build? I want to use it with HDPLEX 400W.
- I'm planning porting my existing hardware (i5 2500K with p8z77 itx board). I assume this should be OK. Don't know what GPU I will use but it's probably something like the 970/1060. Could this be powered with a 200W brick system to save money.
- I will only need to buy a (vandal) switch, everything else is included?

Thanks for (anyone) taking the time to answer this.

For the brick, did you check Dell's website for your country? I haven't used it but they seem to be listing their 330W brick there so why not buy it straight from the source?

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
@Kmpkt Thanks for the fast reply.

@Tanax I checked but it's quite expensive at 112 euro (ex shipping). With the hdplex converter, it's just too expensive for me.

I don't know if this has already been answered but is this batch going to be shipped from Taiwan directly to the customers?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Is there anyway we can have a c13 power entry slot? Then have accessory plates that allow you to use C8 and 4 pin DC?

Good question. The C13 was just not going to happen. I tried for that first, and have several fully fleshed out models that use adapter plates and even a prototype, but for a list a mile long, it was not going to happen. It can be done with mods, but it will be up to the user as you will need to shift several things around. For the production chassis I needed to have mounts and everything needed to fit proper...and as @Kmpkt said, the C8 connector works for the scope of the design.

@Kmpkt Thanks for the fast reply.

@Tanax I checked but it's quite expensive at 112 euro (ex shipping). With the hdplex converter, it's just too expensive for me.

I don't know if this has already been answered but is this batch going to be shipped from Taiwan directly to the customers?

Yup! The units will be shipped directly from Taiwan to your door. I have a video on the first page of this thread which is really really long and boring but there is more detailed info on the subject if you are interested. But I am happy to answer as many questions as you can throw at me. :D

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
The 3D Sketchup model is now available so you can look at the Skyreach 4 MINI and how it goes together. I have stuffed in a bunch of parts for you, including the Zotac 1080/1080ti/1070ti mini so you can more easily plan your build:

• The model is reasonably high-def, but there are some small errors that I might fix later.
  • The purpose of this model is for you to test fit parts and get a feel for how things are laid out
  • This is not intended for you to reproduce your own parts or my trademark or patented features--partly because that is stealing, and also because this is not production level CAD. XD
  • Feel free to use some of the models I made inside this chassis for your custom builds (like the Zotac Mini series card, which occupies the appropriate amount of space).

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
The 3D Sketchup model is now available so you can look at the Skyreach 4 MINI and how it goes together. I have stuffed in a bunch of parts for you, including the Zotac 1080/1080ti/1070ti mini so you can more easily plan your build:

• The model is reasonably high-def, but there are some small errors that I might fix later.
  • The purpose of this model is for you to test fit parts and get a feel for how things are laid out
  • This is not intended for you to reproduce your own parts or my trademark or patented features--partly because that is stealing, and also because this is not production level CAD. XD
  • Feel free to use some of the models I made inside this chassis for your custom builds (like the Zotac Mini series card, which occupies the appropriate amount of space).
Honestly this is a BADASS file. Well put together :)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
@Biowarejak Dude...I was just talking to someone the other day about slot covers and I peeked at your shop. That's awesome...I'm wondering about something more custom...

Do you have photos of the finished product?
Not currently, been meaning to order a set myself :) Feel free to PM me if there's an option you'd like to see finished photos of, I can always put an order in. Honestly I need to sample all the finishes and put photos on the shop.

Reactions: Soul_Est