SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Ok, ordered S4M and Dynamo Mini 200. With dell 300w external brick it should be enough to power 8700k I believe ( without GPU ) .

Since @Josh | NFC mentioned the height of S4M is similar to s4mini classic, so for cooling my options remains the same.
1) Zalman CNPS2X + Scythe 120mm slim
2) Noctua NH-l9i

Could anyone confirm ?
@Josh | NFC could you please confirm ?

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
It's a bit difficult to get a hold of the Dell 330W here in Sweden. Would you say that the MSI AC Adapter 330W would work just as fine?

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Ordered!

SO EXCITED.

As others have said, I would love compatibility with the G-Unique PSUs and the option to buy it with a power switch.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Ok, ordered S4M and Dynamo Mini 200. With dell 300w external brick it should be enough to power 8700k I believe ( without GPU ) .

Since @Josh | NFC mentioned the height of S4M is similar to s4mini classic, so for cooling my options remains the same.
1) Zalman CNPS2X + Scythe 120mm slim
2) Noctua NH-l9i

Could anyone confirm ?

The Dell 330 and Dynamo Mini 200 certainly can power the 8700K (without a GPU).

The internal height of the S4M and S4M-C are identical. So all fan options for the S4M remain the same. The two you listed are the best "off the shelf" options, with the Noctua NH-L9i being my favorite choice. The Lp53 with mods is currently the highest performing cooler for the S4M-C, I believe.

Reactions: futaris

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
I totally understand the sentiment and I am sorry. Keep in mind that I need to buy all this inventory, and the panels need to be anodized together. I can't stock all combinations for everything.

One way to look at it is you are getting a black upgrade option for $75...AND a whole 'nother set of panels. If you were to get your panels powdercoated professionally it would be as much or more and you wouldn't have two panel sets.

As a final note...there are not many black extra panel pieces being made. So when those sell out I need to wait for the next run to order more. Basically what I am saying is those are very limited.

Please understand I want to do my best to offer you guy the product you want and in no way do I want to upset you. I thought about not even offering these and just organizing a powdercoating service but that's been slow and unpredictable so I wanted something faster, cheaper, and (I thought ) better as you get a whole extra set of panels.

THANK YOU for your feedback and for being a great customer!!!!

I guess being drowned by options has spoiled me a bit after all these years. Thanks for the clarification Josh. Apologies!

wendell714

Case Bender
Nov 22, 2017
Hey Josh

How about you just swap the silver outer panel to the black ones, and sell the whole thing as limited All Black SRMs rather than limited Black panels? That way it serves the same purpose for you but more people will be more willing to buy the all black version rather than spending the extra $75 (which I think is too much as well) to get the black panels, and result in an extra redundant pair of silver panels. Just my opinions to boost the sales. Thanks

Reactions: Broxin

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Hey Josh

How about you just swap the silver outer panel to the black ones, and sell the whole thing as limited All Black SRMs rather than limited Black panels? That way it serves the same purpose for you but more people will be more willing to buy the all black version rather than spending the extra $75 (which I think is too much as well) to get the black panels, and result in an extra redundant pair of silver panels. Just my opinions to boost the sales. Thanks

Who exactly do you think is going to "swap" the panels? These don't go to Josh's house, so he can't do it. So your talking about Lian Li employees opening a finished product to take one component out and put another component in. It would likely cost just as much to have them do that as it would be to just buy a second set of black panels for $75.

What your suggesting is like asking an employee at Best Buy to go open a box on the shelf, take something out of it, then open a different box on the shelf, take that item out and put it in the first box, and then throw away the original piece. They wouldn't do that. They would just tell you to buy both and do whatever you want with the extra piece.

Best case scenario. Sales of this case are really strong that Josh can afford to make two separate runs of the same case at the same time. The current version, and an all black version. But only time will tell if that ends up being possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocH and Dubnobass

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Yeah this whole "Black" situation has me dissapointed, lol. I was gonna preorder one in black and have it sit around till i could afford to put a new build into it later... but I'll just wait for the next run, or the next revision. I'd like to wait until the ultimate version of the SRM is out, in case Josh is planning a revision already based on feedback. :D

Also I can stand to wait, in case there's an all black option down the road, OR i'll wait until there's an innovation in internal AD-DC so i can warrant a new SRM brickless build to rival my S4M-C brick build.

Reactions: Coach_Rico

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Who exactly do you think is going to "swap" the panels? These don't go to Josh's house, so he can't do it. So your talking about Lian Li employees opening a finished product to take one component out and put another component in. It would likely cost just as much to have them do that as it would be to just buy a second set of black panels for $75.

What your suggesting is like asking an employee at Best Buy to go open a box on the shelf, take something out of it, then open a different box on the shelf, take that item out and put it in the first box, and then throw away the original piece. They wouldn't do that. They would just tell you to buy both and do whatever you want with the extra piece.

Best case scenario. Sales of this case are really strong that Josh can afford to make two separate runs of the same case at the same time. The current version, and an all black version. But only time will tell if that ends up being possible.

Said practically the same thing earlier. I don’t think it is that bad priced at all it’s the same as ncase and their colored panels. Josh has an order he needs to fulfill and best way to do it is a single color. We don’t want him going up on his investment to bring us this great case. We have to remember it’s still not mass produced like corsair or some other cases that can offer whatever is being requested even then they don’t always do.

You can still powder coat the silver any color you want which is great and the right choice to make everyone happy. The cost to powder coat is practically the same of the new panels or more so your better off getting black panels.

Right now josh took the risk to bring us this case. It’s better to have something than nothing right. Give it time and if there is enough demand that josh doesn’t have to worry about fulfilling order I am sure this is something he will consider.

This is the same color scheme of his last S4 run. No sure why anyone is surprised about it this time. No one complained there and then he charged an additional 100 for powder coating. Blows my mind there is so much push back over this. He gave an option if you really wanted it.

Dubnobass

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2017
The collaboration these guys are doing at sfflab is awesome. I'm sure they will face small hiccups along the way. As far as the S4M goes I'm sure Josh values all customer feedback. In a perfect world all black would probably be an option. For now all we can do is thank the team involved for putting so much time and effort into making this happen. This is a big win for our niche market.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Lots of accurate answers to the panel swapping question...I appreciate the help guys!

Wendell, I really am sorry to not be able to deliver the perfect combination to you for the baseline MINI. I am sorry to everyone for the goof-up in communication with SFFLAB, and ultimately to you guys, about there only being ONE baseline MINI with silver panels. I'm really bummed to disappoint a bunch of people on day one who thought they could order an inverted MINI, and I think it is more confusing as I had some pictures of them in the video.

I'm interested to see what customers who ordered the extra panels will say. The Silver Panels/Black Bezel of the S4M-C received tons of email compliments by customers who loved it when they held it in person. I think the silver panels are the most versatile as they match a wider variety of bezel colors and materials, internal colors of hardware, sleeving, and lighting, and the major factor, can be mixed with candy powercoats so your aftermarket colorization is easy. I think there might be some converts to the silver planels with black bezel in the weeks to come. :)

As Dubnobass put it...in a perfect world, you could order the parts in any color. You guys have probably noticed so far that the side braces and the cover "window" could make for some interesting combos. But not only can I not afford this right now, the logistics are not ready. So for now there can only be one, and I went with my gut.

Now to have your help with something...we need to get Dbrand to make skins for the S4M. It is a really easy part and low risk to them...and I would love for you guys to have even more aftermarket options. :)

If you could pave a way with some emails...they might listen to me when I send mine.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Lots of accurate answers to the panel swapping question...I appreciate the help guys!

Wendell, I really am sorry to not be able to deliver the perfect combination to you for the baseline MINI. I am sorry to everyone for the goof-up in communication with SFFLAB, and ultimately to you guys, about there only being ONE baseline MINI with silver panels. I'm really bummed to disappoint a bunch of people on day one who thought they could order an inverted MINI, and I think it is more confusing as I had some pictures of them in the video.

I'm interested to see what customers who ordered the extra panels will say. The Silver Panels/Black Bezel of the S4M-C received tons of email compliments by customers who loved it when they held it in person. I think the silver panels are the most versatile as they match a wider variety of bezel colors and materials, internal colors of hardware, sleeving, and lighting, and the major factor, can be mixed with candy powercoats so your aftermarket colorization is easy. I think there might be some converts to the silver planels with black bezel in the weeks to come. :)

As Dubnobass put it...in a perfect world, you could order the parts in any color. You guys have probably noticed so far that the side braces and the cover "window" could make for some interesting combos. But not only can I not afford this right now, the logistics are not ready. So for now there can only be one, and I went with my gut.

Now to have your help with something...we need to get Dbrand to make skins for the S4M. It is a really easy part and low risk to them...and I would love for you guys to have even more aftermarket options. :)

If you could pave a way with some emails...they might listen to me when I send mine.
Oh man that red dragon dbrand on the S4M would be killer. I am sitting here looking at my S4C with the NFC Krakken and love it. I am surprised they aren't in the pc case market. I crowd funded the Caylos NSG and that was one of the point they were pushing was vinyls as well.

edit: emailed them i definitely would love the red dragon skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Thank you for this project @Josh | NFC , @Dubnobass is right. Thank you for everyone involved, I hope this batch and the next sell well., so you can fund a revision or another batch with an all black option down the road maybe. This project even coming to fruition is a sucess for our Niche Small Form Factor boutique style PC enclosure market.

As for me I'm not only waiting for advancements in internal AC-DC brickless hardware, innovations in new gen CPUs and GPUs for lower power usage, so i can cram a better brickless system into and SRM than I could ever do in an S4M-C... but my S4M-C and SRM will be sitting front and center in my home theater to drive my games media playback, so all black is a MUST-HAVE considering I even went to the lengths of turning OFF my "deep LED" vandal switch's light, and my ZOTAC 1080 mini's lights, and I covered up my ASUS z270i's STRIX motherboard's "always on amber light" with some non-conductive tape. Also I'm broke and just recently payed off the credit card where I put all my S4M-C #193's build purchases, I need to give my wallet a breather. :( So I'll watch this project closely on the sidelines, lying in wait... :D

My NFC systems cases gotta look beautiful when the lights are up in my theater(and that's a gimme, because they DO look BEAUTIFUL), but they gotta also be incognito when the lights ARE dimmed, and most of all be invisible to me and my guests when it's pitch black and it's running. I didn't line every surface with black velvet in my theater room for nothing! XDI'm crazy, i know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew.J.Vigil

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016

Done. Linked the sfflab product page just in case. Now we wait and see if they oblige :D
Another question, not sure if this has been answered but when will preorders close?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Done. Linked the sfflab product page just in case. Now we wait and see if they oblige :D
Another question, not sure if this has been answered but when will preorders close?

THANK YOU! This kind of thing REALLY helps! If more people could do this I would really appreciate it.

Pre-orders don't have a hard stop date yet. We want to be sure to get the right amount of MINIs made. This might mean closing soon if things slow down, or keeping them open longer if things speed up.

It's a bit different this time around than in the past since now we have an option of extending the run in December whereas before it was a take a bucket of money I collected from pre-orders to order X units...

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Is there really any feasible way to power like an i9 7900x and at minimum a 1080? Is the Eurocom brick enough to handle that? We’re really planning a monster for my brothers s4.