Shenanigans S4 mini

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Yeah I put you in the camp of "knowing what you're doing" @CubanLegend hah =). But for me and probably many others who are building an SFF for the first time I think there are some hurdles to jump through if you want to avoid potential headaches and problems. I've built two mid sized PCs in the past without too much problem but I'm kinda worried that this S4 Mini build coming up won't be very straight forward for me.
Then I recommend going over this video a few times to get comfortable with the process:

Shenanigans

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017
i undervolted my 7700k and my 1080 mini very slightly, and they hold steady Overclocked while undervolted slightly, which helps slightly with temps at idle and load. :) with my HDPLEX-300 and Dell 330 I'm well within power limits, never had a hard shutdown.

So you can max an S4 mini, but if you really wanna max it then go for the thicker front panel, 1080 Ti Mini, HDPLEX-400 and a custom @guryhwa Power Brick... its a small increase in cost for the HDPLEX-400, so you could just go for a Gury PSU & power brick combo. :/
I have a mill so the front panel is no worries, and who do I talk to for a gury psu?

Edit, found the username above

Reactions: royalba94

Shenanigans

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017

Just need to find a graphics card now.... kek

Shenanigans

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017
Well it's all wired up, and I can say for certain, it runs rocket league. I haven't put the final buff on any of the panels yet. Not sure if I like the black powder coat panel or the second polished panel more.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2017
I've polished one of these before. I will never do it again.

I know how much work you put into this so far. Very nice.

Peace!

You just need a drill and some 3M polishing discs... doesn't take long at all to polish something like that, maybe 10 mins.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
You just need a drill and some 3M polishing discs... doesn't take long at all to polish something like that, maybe 10 mins.

Awesome. Can I mail some MINIs to you to polish for me then? I'll pay you.

I spent one day wet sanding down five grits, and another day with a drill and wheel, then a final day by hand.

Peace.

Reactions: Mtthwmths

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2017
Hah, I wish... I don't even have time to do any of my own stuff currently.

I have a messier project right now as well...flushing and re-filling AIO coolers =P

Reactions: Mtthwmths

Shenanigans

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017

I've been preoccupied playing on it too much to pull the covers off and put the final buff on it. God is it convenient though, the whole setup fits in a small laptop backpack and come to work with me.

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Glad you brought this thread back. that is a beautiful s4. Thinking of polishing my S4 now