Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
I don't think it would. You'd have to bifurcate an ITX board if you want to fit in the Hyper M.2 AIC.
Are the fact that it would need to be bifurcated and the motherboard size related? Anyway, if there is room, there has to be some way of putting at least 1 extra M.2 drive in the extra PCIe x16 slot, right?

D

Deleted member 23607

Are the fact that it would need to be bifurcated and the motherboard size related? Anyway, if there is room, there has to be some way of putting at least 1 extra M.2 drive in the extra PCIe x16 slot, right?

No, the issue is if you use a (E-)ATX board you are limited to two PCI slots. You would need an ITX board to get that third slot. If your intention is to put more NVMe SSDs, then you will need a bifurcated riser + an ITX board that supports bifurcation.

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
No, the issue is if you use a (E-)ATX board you are limited to two PCI slots. You would need an ITX board to get that third slot. If your intention is to put more NVMe SSDs, then you will need a bifurcated riser + an ITX board that supports bifurcation.

You are referring to the fit then? Yes, I know that they said you could only fit a two slot GPU with ATX or m-ATX, but they also said that some 2.5 slot GPUs might fit (albeit that it would be tight). That is why I am wondering whether that might also imply being able to fit in an expansion card like that. What about an M.2 to PCIe x4 card?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23607

You are referring to the fit then? Yes, I know that they said you could only fit a two slot GPU with ATX or m-ATX, but they also said that some 2.5 slot GPUs might fit (albeit that it would be tight). That is why I am wondering whether that might also imply being able to fit in an expansion card like that. What about an M.2 to PCIe x4 card?

M.2 to PCIe x4 card maybe. I'm not sure on that, and I don't own the case so I can't comment on that.

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
Hi, it is, yeah:

Please tell me if you need anything else.

Thank you for the kind words!

I am not to keen on handle, I would suggest trying to find some carrying bag, it will protect the case better.

Gpu should be stable, don't worry. I have made the gpu bracket stronger in the new batch.

It is around 3.4 kg.
So is the figure of 2.8 kg that you gave at the beginning of the thread incorrect, or is it a difference between two versions?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
At the beginning of the thread you said that that it was around 2.8 kg or 6.1 pounds. Which one is it?

Also, I have been thinking about the following components. Will they all fit?

• P-ATX V.2 (obviously)
  • Asrock x570 creator (should work, since it is ATX, correct?)
  • SF750 PSU
  • Arctic F9 92 mm case fan.
  • RTX 3080 Founders Edition (whenever it comes back in stock).
  • ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 expansion card (to add more M.2 drives). This is the one I am most unsure of. Will it fit on the motherboard and in the case with the 3080 also in there?)
Clearly, there will be 128 GB RAM, 5950x, a few hard drives, and so forth, but I do not think any of that has much bearing on the fit.

I would not count on that expansion card, everything else looks fine but case fan is not necessary, it will only raise the noise level probably.

That expansion card might fit in some crazy theory, but would require some serious level Linus jank to fit in. So I wouldn't recommend it.

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
I would not count on that expansion card, everything else looks fine but case fan is not necessary, it will only raise the noise level probably.

That expansion card might fit in some crazy theory, but would require some serious level Linus jank to fit in. So I wouldn't recommend it.
I read some reviews, and they pointed out two concerns about portability: the fact that the GPU was secured by only two screws, so there could be a lot of torque on it, and the instability of the fastenings for the power supply, meaning that it could fall down. Since I will be wanting to move the computer around a decent amount, that sounds concerning to me. Do you have a recommendation of some way to brace the GPU to mitigate these problems? What about further securing the PSU to the case?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I read some reviews, and they pointed out two concerns about portability: the fact that the GPU was secured by only two screws, so there could be a lot of torque on it, and the instability of the fastenings for the power supply, meaning that it could fall down. Since I will be wanting to move the computer around a decent amount, that sounds concerning to me. Do you have a recommendation of some way to brace the GPU to mitigate these problems? What about further securing the PSU to the case?

As you can see from the updated specs on the website, both gpu and psu bracket have been improved, so no worries. Just check the new manual, you can see it in there.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
As you can see from the updated specs on the website, both gpu and psu bracket have been improved, so no worries. Just check the new manual, you can see it in there.

Checking the manual, there is an updated cut out on the case back plate which seems to allow for mounting of 120mm fans, or even a 240mm radiator, behind the graphics card (not sure how to fit it, but perhaps it is possible). What was the idea with this updated cut out?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Checking the manual, there is an updated cut out on the case back plate which seems to allow for mounting of 120mm fans, or even a 240mm radiator, behind the graphics card (not sure how to fit it, but perhaps it is possible). What was the idea with this updated cut out?

Yes, you are right. You will be able to use this fan mounting points with optional fully perforated right panel (or without right panel at all).

It will allow for either mounting 3 120mm fans as an exhaust (with 2-2.2 slot gpu) or 240mm rad with slim fans with single slot gpu (this is mostly for custom loops).

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Yes, you are right. You will be able to use this fan mounting points with optional fully perforated right panel (or without right panel at all).

It will allow for either mounting 3 120mm fans as an exhaust (with 2-2.2 slot gpu) or 240mm rad with slim fans with single slot gpu (this is mostly for custom loops).
Ok, I look forward to experiment with that. :) I'm in the batch that is shipped towards the end of January.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Ok, I look forward to experiment with that. :) I'm in the batch that is shipped towards the end of January.

Thank you :) I just have to say that the shipping date for the new batch has been moved a bit because our subcontractors were on a holiday break, so I'm expecting it to be ready somewhere in mid to late February.

Jangly Bones

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 9, 2021
Love the case design!

Thinking of doing an Micro ATX build and only have 350mm height clearance in the media cabinet.

Is there any issues with not using the stand in the vertical position? Can the power button be moved to the front?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Love the case design!

Thinking of doing an Micro ATX build and only have 350mm height clearance in the media cabinet.

Is there any issues with not using the stand in the vertical position? Can the power button be moved to the front?

Thanks!

Only issue would be that gpu will have limited exhaust and thus worse thermal perfomance, which may or may not be a big problem for you, depending on your gpu's tdp and cooler type. Regarding power button, I wouldn't cut the case, but you can unscrew it and keep it somewhere near the case.

ringmaster555

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 22, 2021
How might one use an RTX 3080 with an AIO cooler? Inno3D makes a twin fan edition of the RTX 3080 at 274mm, but even that would be slightly too long with a 92mm AIO, and it doesn't appear like it's available in the US. Ideally, I would like to use the founders RTX 3080 Would an 80mm fan work? I wonder how much of a temp difference there would be with a smaller fan.

I might have to wait for the RTX 3070 Ti, which hopefully maintains the same 242mm card length as the RTX 3070 founders.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
How might one use an RTX 3080 with an AIO cooler? Inno3D makes a twin fan edition of the RTX 3080 at 274mm, but even that would be slightly too long with a 92mm AIO, and it doesn't appear like it's available in the US. Ideally, I would like to use the founders RTX 3080 Would an 80mm fan work? I wonder how much of a temp difference there would be with a smaller fan.

I might have to wait for the RTX 3070 Ti, which hopefully maintains the same 242mm card length as the RTX 3070 founders.

hi, you have two options, and both include some amount of jerry rigging:

1. FE version and 120mm aio with 80mm fan. This should fit no prob, but I can't tell for temps, depends on what cpu you are using. Part of gpu's exhaust should also go through radiator though.

2. THIS. It is evga xc3 with 92mm aio with 80mm fan lol, it barely fits.

Reactions: ringmaster555

ringmaster555

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 22, 2021
hi, you have two options, and both include some amount of jerry rigging:

1. FE version and 120mm aio with 80mm fan. This should fit no prob, but I can't tell for temps, depends on what cpu you are using. Part of gpu's exhaust should also go through radiator though.

2. THIS. It is evga xc3 with 92mm aio with 80mm fan lol, it barely fits.

Thanks for the reply! Both of those look like decent options. I plan on using the 5950x, a pretty hot CPU. Would AIO vs air cooling be that much different?