Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I got tired of waiting for EK to come out with their 3090 block and it doesn't fit the chassis with the cooler still on it so I pulled out the trusty 3D printer and made a stand for it so I can finally use this beast

(This is still the P-ATX v1. I don't plan on moving over fully until I have the waterblock)

Haha, nice DIY solution :) Can't wait to see the final build. Does your waterblock for 3090 FE comes with 1 or 2 slot pci bracket?

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Cool, I really think that providing 1-slot bracket with water blocks should be a standard. I got one with vega block.
One thing to remember is that most (nvidia at least) GPUs have two rows of display outputs so single slot isn't really an option without hardware modding

nebulousone

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 9, 2020
I was planning to do an ATX build in the p-atx v2 and already have MSI X570 Tomahawk motherboard, Ryzen 5600X CPU and a 1080Ti acting as a temporary GPU. These parts actually should work fine in the case, but the plan was to get a newer "future-proof" GPU. As stated previously here, the new GPUs are large. Very few options in the dual slot range that the ATX configuration allows.

However, yesterday I managed to snag a 6800XT from the official AMD website which I guess will not fit in the case unless I swap my motherboard to mini-ITX. I couldn't justify getting the 6800 that is marginally cheaper, but quite a bit slower and honestly I didn't have much time to think about it.

Is there any chance that the reference 6800XT could fit in the p-atx case in ATX configuration? If not, could I use some spacers to create a gap between the chassis and the side panel, which would allow the GPU fit?

Awesome case nonetheless. In worst case (pun intended) I'll have to continue hunting for that illusive two slot GPU.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I was planning to do an ATX build in the p-atx v2 and already have MSI X570 Tomahawk motherboard, Ryzen 5600X CPU and a 1080Ti acting as a temporary GPU. These parts actually should work fine in the case, but the plan was to get a newer "future-proof" GPU. As stated previously here, the new GPUs are large. Very few options in the dual slot range that the ATX configuration allows.

However, yesterday I managed to snag a 6800XT from the official AMD website which I guess will not fit in the case unless I swap my motherboard to mini-ITX. I couldn't justify getting the 6800 that is marginally cheaper, but quite a bit slower and honestly I didn't have much time to think about it.

Is there any chance that the reference 6800XT could fit in the p-atx case in ATX configuration? If not, could I use some spacers to create a gap between the chassis and the side panel, which would allow the GPU fit?

Awesome case nonetheless. In worst case (pun intended) I'll have to continue hunting for that illusive two slot GPU.

Hi, I have already wrote about 6800XT fitting with ATX boards, it could fit in theory but nobody has tried it yet and it would be really tight. Spacers for the side panel wouldn't help because there is a flange on the pci bracket side.

If you want to be sure, I will also be releasing a larger model that will fit this configuration without any issues:

Or, you can sell that 6800XT to me and get a 3080FE 😋
Jk, and thank you for your interest, if you have any other questions I'd be glad to answer.

nebulousone

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 9, 2020
Just to clarify – I have already ordered the P-ATX from the previous batch. Eagerly waiting for it. Anyway that's what I wanted to hear, there is a small chance that the 6800XT might fit. I guess we will find out soon enough. 😁

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Just to clarify – I have already ordered the P-ATX from the previous batch. Eagerly waiting for it. Anyway that's what I wanted to hear, there is a small chance that the 6800XT might fit. I guess we will find out soon enough. 😁

Awesome, I also can't wait to see if it will fit, thank you! :)

NEXNEXNEX

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 11, 2020
Hey riba, beautiful case! I am new here, and as I am currently planning on building my first SFF PC, I have two questions before ordering your case:

1. I am planning to mount my PC below my electric, height adjustable table. Therefore, your case would be mounted horizontally. I was planning to have a 1cm spacing so that I can assure sufficient airflow through the back side-panel. Do you think this is enough?

2. In order to ensure minimal maintanance, I was planning to cover at least the big sidepanel with a dust filter (e.g. Dustend G1), as the whole system will be air-cooled. Do you think I will have sufficient cooling, if I mount an additional 120 mm fan on the back side panel (lets say with rig consisting of a ryzen 5600x + RTX3070 or 3080)?

Thank you very much for your work and help in advance!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey riba, beautiful case! I am new here, and as I am currently planning on building my first SFF PC, I have two questions before ordering your case:

1. I am planning to mount my PC below my electric, height adjustable table. Therefore, your case would be mounted horizontally. I was planning to have a 1cm spacing so that I can assure sufficient airflow through the back side-panel. Do you think this is enough?

2. In order to ensure minimal maintanance, I was planning to cover at least the big sidepanel with a dust filter (e.g. Dustend G1), as the whole system will be air-cooled. Do you think I will have sufficient cooling, if I mount an additional 120 mm fan on the back side panel (lets say with rig consisting of a ryzen 5600x + RTX3070 or 3080)?

Thank you very much for your work and help in advance!

Hi, glad you like the case :)

If you mount it horizontally under the table, make sure that the left panel (one with more perforations) faces the floor, and the right panel faces the table. In that case you shouldn't have any issues with airflow, and since your components are not too hot I don't see a problem with dust filter.

Cirsium

Case Bender
New User
Nov 24, 2020

Be sure to let us know, whether it works out, mate! Lots of people are interested :-)

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
I think it would be awesome if there could be vented right panel for sale (with holes to put a radiator).
What do you think about it Ribba ?
I saw there are some 3080 XC3 hydrocopper blocks maybe soon available as kits. Those blocks comes woth a 1 slot bracket.
I could fit the radiator under it and watercool both CPU and GPU.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I think it would be awesome if there could be vented right panel for sale (with holes to put a radiator).
What do you think about it Ribba ?
I saw there are some 3080 XC3 hydrocopper blocks maybe soon available as kits. Those blocks comes woth a 1 slot bracket.
I could fit the radiator under it and watercool both CPU and GPU.

Yep, I'm doing that for the next batch. Really niche since you have to have single slot gpu, but still, I like the idea.

Miaehjrl

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 16, 2020
Hey riba,
first of all i just want to say that you created a beautiful case.

I just ordered components (mini itx, etc.) that should perfectly.
But I wondered if there is a way to provide some kind of removable handle (maybe which slots into the stand mounts?), because I travel frequently and this case seems to be a most perfect solution for a full-fledged pc.

Another concern of mine is the stability of the GPU. I currently own a Thermaltake Core G3 and it comes with a plastic L shaped GPU holder. Considering my intentions I would love something similar. (maybe an L shaped piece, with a slot in which a padded piece can move up and down for height adjustment; this could be fitted to an unused ATX-thread in case of an ITX board)

Is there any stability issue with heavy graphics cards just holding on with the clamp?

D

Deleted member 23607

One thing to remember is that most (nvidia at least) GPUs have two rows of display outputs so single slot isn't really an option without hardware modding

With the new Ampere GPUs removing the Virtual-Link connector and moving DPort back up to the row with its buddies, single-slot brackets are back in fashion.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey, is the manual of the v1 still on your website?

Hi, it is, yeah:

Please tell me if you need anything else.

Hey riba,
first of all i just want to say that you created a beautiful case.

I just ordered components (mini itx, etc.) that should perfectly.
But I wondered if there is a way to provide some kind of removable handle (maybe which slots into the stand mounts?), because I travel frequently and this case seems to be a most perfect solution for a full-fledged pc.

Another concern of mine is the stability of the GPU. I currently own a Thermaltake Core G3 and it comes with a plastic L shaped GPU holder. Considering my intentions I would love something similar. (maybe an L shaped piece, with a slot in which a padded piece can move up and down for height adjustment; this could be fitted to an unused ATX-thread in case of an ITX board)

Is there any stability issue with heavy graphics cards just holding on with the clamp?

Thank you for the kind words!

I am not to keen on handle, I would suggest trying to find some carrying bag, it will protect the case better.

Gpu should be stable, don't worry. I have made the gpu bracket stronger in the new batch.

Does anyone happen to know the weight of this case? Can’t seem to find a spec for it anywhere.

It is around 3.4 kg.

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
Hi, it is, yeah:

Please tell me if you need anything else.

Thank you for the kind words!

I am not to keen on handle, I would suggest trying to find some carrying bag, it will protect the case better.

Gpu should be stable, don't worry. I have made the gpu bracket stronger in the new batch.

It is aroung 3.4 kg.

At the beginning of the thread you said that that it was around 2.8 kg or 6.1 pounds. Which one is it?

Also, I have been thinking about the following components. Will they all fit?

• P-ATX V.2 (obviously)
  • Asrock x570 creator (should work, since it is ATX, correct?)
  • SF750 PSU
  • Arctic F9 92 mm case fan.
  • RTX 3080 Founders Edition (whenever it comes back in stock).
  • ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 expansion card (to add more M.2 drives). This is the one I am most unsure of. Will it fit on the motherboard and in the case with the 3080 also in there?)
Clearly, there will be 128 GB RAM, 5950x, a few hard drives, and so forth, but I do not think any of that has much bearing on the fit.

D

Deleted member 23607

At the beginning of the thread you said that that it was around 2.8 kg or 6.1 pounds. Which one is it?

Also, I have been thinking about the following components. Will they all fit?

• P-ATX V.2 (obviously)
  • Asrock x570 creator (should work, since it is ATX, correct?)
  • SF750 PSU
  • Arctic F9 92 mm case fan.
  • RTX 3080 Founders Edition (whenever it comes back in stock).
  • ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 expansion card (to add more M.2 drives). This is the one I am most unsure of. Will it fit on the motherboard and in the case with the 3080 also in there?)
Clearly, there will be 128 GB RAM, 5950x, a few hard drives, and so forth, but I do not think any of that has much bearing on the fit.

I don't think it would. You'd have to bifurcate an ITX board if you want to fit in the Hyper M.2 AIC.