Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
I'll go for a 3080FE despite the benchmarks shown. As i'll be buying a LG 48" oled as monitor and it seems the biggets benefits are in 4K. And its an upgrade over my current 2070 (non super) in that regard. That card will pass on to my sons in some way :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The same orientation as in the photo, I thought I could flip it 180 but it didn't feel right even with the Corsair LPX ram, you would need to install RAM with no heat spreaders for it to fit the other way comfortably. Yes 3700x stock non-eco.

Well yeah, those are really awesome temperatures. I don't know what program you used for testing, but my 3700x goes up to 70C in CB20 with 120mm AIO in 29C ambient.

I think that he part of the result is in the cooler orientation, fins are oriented vertically so the air co exit directly upwards.

I have ordered IS60 which has fins oriented horizontally and I will post results with it once I receive it so we can compare two of the air coolers for this case :)

I'll go for a 3080FE despite the benchmarks shown. As i'll be buying a LG 48" oled as monitor and it seems the biggest benefits are in 4K. And its an upgrade over my current 2070 (non super) in that regard. That card will pass on to my sons in some way :-)

Yeah for 4K it is awesome, I'm at 1440p and aiming to get 240hz monitor one day so I will wait for big navi reviews.

But I really really like the 3080 FE cooler, I have just watched the GN tear down and that cooler design is like two leagues ahead of anything I've ever seen, it is just extremely clever engineering. So I would like to the the card just for the cooler, but I have to wait :)

Reactions: Fa5en

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh god what have I done

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
picked up my chassis yesterday. I'm pretty excited to check it out but I'm gonna be waiting for the 3090 before I build it.

EDIT: okay I may have lied. I just opened it up to take a look. I haven't been following the development all that close this time around so this was more or less a blind unboxing.

I gotta start by saying that I still absolutely love the V1 of this case. I still use it to this day and couldn't imagine going back to any other layout.

the first thing that I noticed was how much more secure the sid panel is on this one and now that the whole thing is vented without the solid but in the center it gives a much more sleek look.

the next thing that I really like is the new stand. the old one looked good but there was nothing holding it in place. this one isn't going anywhere. and bonus points for making it a bit taller as well. I like to keep my external Bluray driver under it so it's not an eyesore or in the way of my other things.

that's all I have for now because I won't be building in it any time soon.

P.S. Thanks for getting the holes cor my tubes cut in there!

Last edited:
  • Love

fcalves

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 19, 2020
Hello! I am thinking of purchasing this case, but have a question.

Is there an option to put it in horizontal orientation (Even if I have to put some rubber feet on my own on the case) ?

And also, how easily does the stand get removed? I am thinking of making a build because I move every other week between places and wanted to know if the process to remove the stand is complicated or not. :)

Many thanks!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
picked up my chassis yesterday. I'm pretty excited to check it out but I'm gonna be waiting for the 3090 before I build it.

EDIT: okay I may have lied. I just opened it up to take a look. I haven't been following the development all that close this time around so this was more or less a blind unboxing.

I gotta start by saying that I still absolutely love the V1 of this case. I still use it to this day and couldn't imagine going back to any other layout.

the first thing that I noticed was how much more secure the side panel is on this one and now that the whole thing is vented without the solid but in the center it gives a much more sleek look.

the next thing that I really like is the new stand. the old one looked good but there was nothing holding it in place. this one isn't going anywhere. and bonus points for making it a bit taller as well. I like to keep my external Bluray driver under it so it's not an eyesore or in the way of my other things.

that's all I have for now because I won't be building in it any time soon.

P.S. Thanks for getting the holes cor my tubes cut in there!

Hi, thank you a lot for your feedback and support, it really means a lot to me. I really can't to see the pictures of the finished build, I'm sure it's going to be awesome as always :)

You're welcome ?

Hello! I am thinking of purchasing this case, but have a question.

Is there an option to put it in horizontal orientation (Even if I have to put some rubber feet on my own on the case) ?

And also, how easily does the stand get removed? I am thinking of making a build because I move every other week between places and wanted to know if the process to remove the stand is complicated or not. :)

Many thanks!

Hi,

For horizontal position of course, no problem at all, just stick some feet of your liking to it and it will work. It is good for horizontal orientation because it has all components oriented the same way so they can all draw fresh air without restrictions.

And stand can be removed and installed in literally less then 3 seconds, so no worries about that. I am really happy with how I designed it, and I'm hoping that you will like it too if you decide to buy it ?

Please ask if you have any other questions.

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi guys !
I have just received my brand new v2 today !
Im pretty surprised how quick was the transport. Here are some pics done by night while testing the temperatures of the case (4k gaming tests).

So here's my feeling about the case and the whole build :

First, I've got to say it was really easier for me compared to v1 to assembly everything.
The case itself feels really more solid and stable. The stand is the first big improvement (there are nice rubber feets to make it really stable and it doesnt move at all this time).
The second big improvement is the riser and the mouting sliders + the GPU bracket on the back (you can fit the GPU at the position you want and it feels more safe to mount it in the case sliding it then lock the screw in position).

I used all the components of my old case : i5 9600k with asetek 92mm aio, RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC, 16GB GSkill Trident 3200 and 1×250 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME, 1x 1TB Western Digital NVME, 1x1TB Crucial BX500 2,5" SSD.
Unfortunately I could not put the 3 60mm fans I had on the top of the V1 case but Im sure I can find a way to mount other ones if necessary so thats not a big deal.

I encountered one little problem when mounting the AIO bracket, it seemed like there were missing screws as the black M3 screws heads wasnt big enough to hold it so I had to take the screws from my V1 (Ribba are you sure of the screws you did put in your user manual? I think there must be something wrong).
Another little thing I missed from the V1 is the little holes on the left pannel just behind the motherboard, it was at the perfect position for my 2nd nvme drive and I think it would have been awesome to have it on v2 aswell.

These are not big issues tho, I like this case and I can't wait to see how it performs with a 3080 :).
I'll post more pics once I upgrade ;)

• Love
Reactions: Fa5en and riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi guys !
I have just received my brand new v2 today !
Im pretty surprised how quick was the transport. Here are some pics done by night while testing the temperatures of the case (4k gaming tests).

So here's my feeling about the case and the whole build :

First, I've got to say it was really easier for me compared to v1 to assembly everything.
The case itself feels really more solid and stable. The stand is the first big improvement (there are nice rubber feets to make it really stable and it doesnt move at all this time).
The second big improvement is the riser and the mouting sliders + the GPU bracket on the back (you can fit the GPU at the position you want and it feels more safe to mount it in the case sliding it then lock the screw in position).

I used all the components of my old case : i5 9600k with asetek 92mm aio, RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC, 16GB GSkill Trident 3200 and 1×250 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME, 1x 1TB Western Digital NVME, 1x1TB Crucial BX500 2,5" SSD.
Unfortunately I could not put the 3 60mm fans I had on the top of the V1 case but Im sure I can find a way to mount other ones if necessary so thats not a big deal.

I encountered one little problem when mounting the AIO bracket, it seemed like there were missing screws as the black M3 screws heads wasnt big enough to hold it so I had to take the screws from my V1 (Ribba are you sure of the screws you did put in your user manual? I think there must be something wrong).
Another little thing I missed from the V1 is the little holes on the left pannel just behind the motherboard, it was at the perfect position for my 2nd nvme drive and I think it would have been awesome to have it on v2 aswell.

These are not big issues tho, I like this case and I can't wait to see how it performs with a 3080 :).
I'll post more pics once I upgrade ;)

Whoa, that white unit really looks sleek, thank you for the pictures and feedback! I'm glad you like the new version.

Please share CPU and GPU temps after you're done with testing :) BTW I suggest flipping the CPU fan, set it to push so it doesn't feed the GPU with warm air.

Yeah sorry for the screws, I just realized that these new screws might bee to narrow. Problem is that I ordered same screws as before, but somehow they have 1 mm narrower head. That is not a problem for all the other attachments, but for mounting 92mm AIO they are too narrow. If anyone has the same problem please let me know, I will send you some different screws in envelope.

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
Decided to order the Asus RTX 3080 TUF (non oc model) as the reviews shows great thermal and noise performance. And the looks is not over the top bling bling. Now the waiting game begins....

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Decided to order the Asus RTX 3080 TUF (non oc model) as the reviews shows great thermals and noise performance. And the looks is not over the top bling bling. No the waiting game begins....

I agree, that card looks cool (aluminum shroud!) and has great performance especially for MSRP card. And dual bios, etc. Really good model, certainly one that I would pick for myself. Good luck with getting one :)

Reactions: Fa5en

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
hehe yes, non confirmed delivery date is start november..... sigh... o_O o_O Well, that gives me plenty of time to transfer my current build into the new case ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
hehe yes, non confirmed delivery date is start november..... sigh... o_O o_O Well, that gives me plenty of time to transfer my current build into the new case ?

Well I'm sure that they will arrive sooner than that, don't worry :)

For anyone interested, I have modeled and published internal usb cable that I'm using on P-ATX V2. I made this for myself, but I wanted to give something back to community since Grabcad was very helpful to me.

thefireofwisdom

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
The P-ATX has certainly piqued my interest. I wonder if the following theoretical components would work & fit well in it and not be strained while working and rendering in Adobe After Effects (and depending on whether an air or liquid cooler is used, would there be room to mount 2 SSDs?, though I suppose I could use 2 NVMe and 1 SSD for my 3 HD setup):

- Intel Core i9-10900K
- Asus ProART Z490-CREATOR 10G ATX
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FE
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
- Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVMe SSD
- Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" SSD
- Samsung 860 Pro 512 GB 2.5" SSD
- ID-COOLING IS-60 or Thermalright AXP-100-Full Copper (maybe? I'm open to whatever fits and is most effective at cooling)
- PSU: I would prefer a Be Quiet! PSU, but their SFX Power 2 goes up to only 400W, and their SFX L Power 600W is 130 L x 125 W x 64 H. I'm a bit leery of other PSU companies, because it seems that many use subpar constructed (even dangerous) cables. I suppose the only powerful SFX options are Corsair SF750, SF600 ; SilverStone SX700-PT, SX700-G, SX650-G, SX600-G ; Seasonic Focus SGX-650 ; EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM ; and FSP Dagger 600W, but they all have a handful of bad reviews (failure, frying components, bad cables, etc.).

Perhaps the upcoming N-ATX may be more ideal? SFF is right up my alley, but it requires such refinement and extensive research. Your help is much appreciated.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The P-ATX has certainly piqued my interest. I wonder if the following theoretical components would work & fit well in it and not be strained while working and rendering in Adobe After Effects (and depending on whether an air or liquid cooler is used, would there be room to mount 2 SSDs?, though I suppose I could use 2 NVMe and 1 SSD for my 3 HD setup):

- Intel Core i9-10900K
- Asus ProART Z490-CREATOR 10G ATX
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FE
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
- Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVMe SSD
- Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" SSD
- Samsung 860 Pro 512 GB 2.5" SSD
- ID-COOLING IS-60 or Thermalright AXP-100-Full Copper (maybe? I'm open to whatever fits and is most effective at cooling)
- PSU: I would prefer a Be Quiet! PSU, but their SFX Power 2 goes up to only 400W, and their SFX L Power 600W is 130 L x 125 W x 64 H. I'm a bit leery of other PSU companies, because it seems that many use subpar constructed (even dangerous) cables. I suppose the only powerful SFX options are Corsair SF750, SF600 ; SilverStone SX700-PT, SX700-G, SX650-G, SX600-G ; Seasonic Focus SGX-650 ; EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM ; and FSP Dagger 600W, but they all have a handful of bad reviews (failure, frying components, bad cables, etc.).

Perhaps the upcoming N-ATX may be more ideal? SFF is right up my alley, but it requires such refinement and extensive research. Your help is much appreciated.

Hi!

Since you plan on using really small GPU P-ATX will be more than enough for your components.

Now, you can use AIO, either 120mm or 92mm since this GPU is short enough, and yes, you could use two 2.5 SSD's in this setup. There is only a slight issue, your MBO has all of it's SATA ports angled so they would be blocked by 120 mm AIO. Also, if you really want to use SFX-L supply, I would also not recommend 120mm AIO because that could be very tight fit (although still possible).

I am also not sure about air cooler, both of these coolers are really good for their size, but if you decide on going air cooler route, I would make sure that 10900K is locked to original TDP (120W long term PPT) because lot of motherboards like to increase power limit to at least 200W.
But I don't see why you wouldn't use water cooler, since the GPU is small. Although After Effect do not load CPU 100%.

So TL:DR, yes you can use your drives, and 92mm AIO is a good fit with this particular motherboard and SFX-L PSU's :)

Please ask if you need anything else or if I wasn't 100% clear, I'd be glad to help.

thefireofwisdom

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Hi!

Since you plan on using really small GPU P-ATX will be more than enough for your components.

Now, you can use AIO, either 120mm or 92mm since this GPU is short enough, and yes, you could use two 2.5 SSD's in this setup. There is only a slight issue, your MBO has all of it's SATA ports angled so they would be blocked by 120 mm AIO. Also, if you really want to use SFX-L supply, I would also not recommend 120mm AIO because that could be very tight fit (although still possible).

I am also not sure about air cooler, both of these coolers are really good for their size, but if you decide on going air cooler route, I would make sure that 10900K is locked to original TDP (120W long term PPT) because lot of motherboards like to increase power limit to at least 200W.
But I don't see why you wouldn't use water cooler, since the GPU is small. Although After Effect do not load CPU 100%.

So TL:DR, yes you can use your drives, and 92mm AIO is a good fit with this particular motherboard and SFX-L PSU's :)

Please ask if you need anything else or if I wasn't 100% clear, I'd be glad to help.

Your reply is truly helpful, and I'll look into 92mm AIOs.

So, if you attest that SFX-L PSUs can fit in the P-ATX, is that the general PSU size limit? More broadly, what is the maximum amount of space available for a PSU in the P-ATX? With my chosen components, could one fit a (my ideal) Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W/650W (both are 160 x 150 x 86)? And of course, I still need room to mount two 2.5 SSDs.

Nvidia recommends minimum 650W PSU for the 3070. If the largest PSU that the P-ATX accommodates is SFX-L, then I'd probably choose the Be Quiet! SFX L Power 600W (130 x 125 x 64), but I wonder if that would be sufficient wattage. I suppose I could lock the I9-10900K to original TDP, as you suggested, for this other purpose of having enough power.

I'm still intrigued by the N-ATX as an option too.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Your reply is truly helpful, and I'll look into 92mm AIOs.

So, if you attest that SFX-L PSUs can fit in the P-ATX, is that the general PSU size limit? More broadly, what is the maximum amount of space available for a PSU in the P-ATX? With my chosen components, could one fit a (my ideal) Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W/650W (both are 160 x 150 x 86)? And of course, I still need room to mount two 2.5 SSDs.

Nvidia recommends minimum 650W PSU for the 3070. If the largest PSU that the P-ATX accommodates is SFX-L, then I'd probably choose the Be Quiet! SFX L Power 600W (130 x 125 x 64), but I wonder if that would be sufficient wattage. I suppose I could lock the I9-10900K to original TDP, as you suggested, for this other purpose of having enough power.

I'm still intrigued by the N-ATX as an option too.

Oh, I see that your website states "SFX/SFX-L power supply up to 130mm", so that answers that particular question.

Yes, the SFX-L is the largest PSU you can fit in P-ATX.
since you have a bit higher TDP CPU, I would try to look at at 700W and up PSU, I mean most quality 600W units should be fine but maybe you want to have some extra headroom and a piece of mind.

I will open a thread for N-ATX soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thefireofwisdom

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Yes, the SFX-L is the largers PSU you can fit in P-ATX.
since you have a bit higher TDP CPU, I would try to look at at 700W and up PSU, I mean most quality 600W units should be fine but maybe you want to have some extra headroom and a piece of mind.

I will open a thread for N-ATX soon :)

How soon? ;)