Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Can this be laid horizontally? Looks like this will work well for my use case.

Yes, and it will have good ventilation since cpu and gpu pull fresh air from the same side. If you use aio you will have to raise it a cm or two, but if you don't, it can be pretty close to the surface.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi guys, just saw this new leak on rtx3090:

And, I have some good news for future P-ATX owners, this card should fit no problem with itx board and air cooler on cpu, and not only that, it will have excellent airflow since p-atx has ventilation holes right where the rear fan on this gpu is, so it can pull some cold air in :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I would say IS60 with noctua a12x15 fan. Or maybe black ridge with 12 thick scyte fan on top and 92 fan in push pull, but that will probably be very close to the left panel. IS60 will have 4 mm of clearance so should't have issues with turbulence.

Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

0xdiablo

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2019
@riba2233
any news on the N-ATX version? roughly what's the dimension or when you can share more info?
I'm very interested in this PATX, but that would means new PSU + cooler.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233
any news on the N-ATX version? roughly what's the dimension or when you can share more info?
I'm very interested in this PATX, but that would means new PSU + cooler.

I am working on a design currently, I have important bits done so I will send it to prototyping once I start shipping P-ATX out. Dimensions will be something around 406 x 354 x 98 mm, 14 L.

What parts do you have currently, I can tell you right away if they will fit.

Marbolite

Chassis Packer
Apr 21, 2019
Am I right in saying that a 240 aio would work by simply mounting it into the case by only the bottom four screws on the radiator?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Am I right in saying that a 240 aio would work by simply mounting it into the case by only the bottom four screws on the radiator?

Yes, you are right! You will just have to add 2mm thick spacers or washers between radiator and a case, and also think of a new place for a PSU.

Marbolite

Chassis Packer
Apr 21, 2019
Yes, you are right! You will just have to add 2mm thick spacers or washers between radiator and a case, and also think of a new place for a PSU.
Good to know, thanks. I'm thinking I could put a g-unique in there with external brick but its too bad I cant mount the xt90 connector. Its mounting holes are 27mm apart but the holes in the case for the c14 are 40mm right?

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Hi guys, just saw this new leak on rtx3090:

And, I have some good news for future P-ATX owners, this card should fit no problem with itx board and air cooler on cpu, and not only that, it will have excellent airflow since p-atx has ventilation holes right where the rear fan on this gpu is, so it can pull some cold air in :)

I imagine the few of us who liquid cool the GPU should have no problem with that monster of a card.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
I imagine the few of us who liquid cool the GPU should have no problem with that monster of a card.
I imagine powering that monster is going to be a bigger challenge since the best SFX psu, the SF750, only has four EPS/PCIE plugs and that power hog apparently has a 12 pin adapter that requires 3 8 pin PCIE. That would leave a single 8 pin for EPS. Running something like Threadripper, X299, a 10900K, or even a 3950X off a single EPS connector is not exactly ideal. Maybe SFF enthusiasts will need to embrace SFX-L as Silverstone is coming out with a 1000w SFX-L unit fairly soon (supposed to be this month).

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I imagine powering that monster is going to be a bigger challenge since the best SFX psu, the SF750, only has four EPS/PCIE plugs and that power hog apparently has a 12 pin adapter that requires 3 8 pin PCIE. That would leave a single 8 pin for EPS. Running something like Threadripper, X299, a 10900K, or even a 3950X off a single EPS connector is not exactly ideal. Maybe SFF enthusiasts will need to embrace SFX-L as Silverstone is coming out with a 1000w SFX-L unit fairly soon (supposed to be this month).

The pinout diagram for that 12-pin Micro-fit connector is ONLY 12V and GND lines, so 6x 12V and 6x ground contacts. Coincidentally, if you take 2x PCIe 8-pin connectors, guess what, it's got 6x 12V lines and 6x Ground (plus 4 additional ground/sense wires). It would be trivial to crimp your own cable to get the 12-pin connector to 2x 8-pin at the PSU side instead of 3x (the PSU side connectors actually have 8x 12V and 8x GND per two blocks of EPS/PCIe header, so you got plenty of wiggle room there).

Microfit connectors and pins have the same max current rating as the regular Minifit Jr connectors used traditionally, you're not tripping any limits on these (13A per conductor pairs rating for both connector series IIRC), and modern power supplies operate on a single 12V rail with a very high OCP limit, it's unlikely you're gonna have issues there either

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Good to know, thanks. I'm thinking I could put a g-unique in there with external brick but its too bad I cant mount the xt90 connector. Its mounting holes are 27mm apart but the holes in the case for the c14 are 40mm right?

Yes, they are 40mm apart but you will get bracket with the case and you can drill in it, please see the render:

Yes, I don't see any problems :)

Don't worry, 750W supply will be absolutely fine, they put a bit of extra watts in the recommendation to account for people with shit supplies with weaker 12V rails.

Also, one 8 pin EPS connector is enough for up to 480W, and overclocked 3950x won't consume more than 200-220W. Threadripper is also fine, 250W at stock, but you need to limit the power to 180W if you want to cool it in this case.

All in all two 8-pin eps connectors is mostly marketing, if you need them you are some crazy ln2 overclocker.

And yeah, 1000W sfx-l will also be an option.

The pinout diagram for that 12-pin Micro-fit connector is ONLY 12V and GND lines, so 6x 12V and 6x ground contacts. Coincidentally, if you take 2x PCIe 8-pin connectors, guess what, it's got 6x 12V lines and 6x Ground (plus 4 additional ground/sense wires). It would be trivial to crimp your own cable to get the 12-pin connector to 2x 8-pin at the PSU side instead of 3x (the PSU side connectors actually have 8x 12V and 8x GND per two blocks of EPS/PCIe header, so you got plenty of wiggle room there).

Microfit connectors and pins have the same max current rating as the regular Minifit Jr connectors used traditionally, you're not tripping any limits on these (13A per conductor pairs rating for both connector series IIRC), and modern power supplies operate on a single 12V rail with a very high OCP limit, it's unlikely you're gonna have issues there either

Nice post and 100% correct, thank you :)

Yes, new 12pin connector is equivalent to two 8 pins, they only made the new connector so that people wouldn't use two 8 pins coming from the same cable, but if you use two separate cables there's no problem at all.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Ok guys, manual is done!

Please tell me what do you think about it, thank you! :)

Manual looks good, I really do appreciate you getting this finalised before the case ships.

Will Corsair PSUs still require the insulation trimmed on the power connector? Maybe worth mentioning in the manual if so.

The included standoff tool is a nice touch.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Manual looks good, I really do appreciate you getting this finalised before the case ships.

Will Corsair PSUs still require the insulation trimmed on the power connector? Maybe worth mentioning in the manual if so.

The included standoff tool is a nice touch.

Based on the fact that the power supply is now reversible, I'm guessing this won't be a problem anymore, if your particular PSU has the plug facing the wrong way, it's now possible to flip it.

sheltem

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2018
I had my heart set on the Form-D T1 until I saw this thread ?. It's a bit early, but do you know how many 3.5" hard drives the N-ATX will hold?