Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

Neldum

Cable Smoosher
Jul 17, 2020
I've been following this thread closely. I'm so excited to buy one of these bad boys immediately once available. Fantastic work on creating such a small case with so many build options!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I've been following this thread closely. I'm so excited to buy one of these bad boys immediately once available. Fantastic work on creating such a small case with so many build options!

Thank you, that is really nice to hear! I can tell you that you won't be disappointed :)

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Dec 30, 2019
very very cool project. That's the most flexible PC case I´ve ever seen, you can put so many different part configurations into it.
I will definitely consider this for an ATX PC build.
One thing that surprises me is that it's relatively cheap compared to some cases like the Skyreach 4 mini or the Ncase M1... but that's even greater.

Do you have a picture of a 3d model with the flex ATX PSU installed and how much space does this configuration offer? (I would put my custom 600w flex PSU in it)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
very very cool project. That's the most flexible PC case I´ve ever seen, you can put so many different part configurations into it.
I will definitely consider this for an ATX PC build.
One thing that surprises me is that it's relatively cheap compared to some cases like the Skyreach 4 mini or the Ncase M1... but that's even greater.

Do you have a picture of a 3d model with the flex ATX PSU installed and how much space does this configuration offer? (I would put my custom 600w flex PSU in it)

Hi, thank you for nice words :)

Here is a quick render, but TBH I dropped official support for flex psu's because you don't really gain anything compared to SFX, you just loose some space underneath for 3.5" drives and 120mm AIO because the flex is 50 mm longer than SFX.

Reactions: Da_Korn

FyrBridd

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 7, 2019
Very cool project! Just wondering what the gap is between a 2 slot GPU and the side panel (in mitx config), and whether I'd be able to squeeze 2x 25mm thick fans in there?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Very cool project! Just wondering what the gap is between a 2 slot GPU and the side panel (in mitx config), and whether I'd be able to squeeze 2x 25mm thick fans in there?

Hi, thank you! :)

It is around 23 mm, but you can deshroud the GPU and install 120x25 fans, that would fit with some room to spare.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
A small update, today I have done the last step (bent a little flanges that hold the front side of panels to the chassis) that I needed to do, and that means that I can finally take the cases to powdercoating, which I plan on doing on Monday.

So this is the last call if someone wants unpainted case, we have this weekend to sort things out. I will now contact those who have already said that they are interested.

TimeLordTim

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2020
Is there space for a separate WiFi card? I'd love to upgrade from my current case to a P-ATX, but my motherboard doesn't have build-in WiFi and I don't see any renders or pictures with a slot or space for a separate WiFi card...

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Is there space for a separate WiFi card? I'd love to upgrade from my current case to a P-ATX, but my motherboard doesn't have build-in WiFi and I don't see any renders or pictures with a slot or space for a separate WiFi card...

You will not be able to fit a PCIe card, no. Your options for Wifi is as follows:

Assuming you own an ATX board (thus limiting yourself to 2-slot graphics card), you can get a M.2 PCIe Wifi card and some pigtail RP-SMA adapter (Riba thoughtfully included holes at the back of the case for antenna ports to screw through), or use an USB Wifi card (which in most cases is more than good enough. Some USB wifi cards will even let you hook up external antennas to improve signal pickup pattern)

Assuming you own an ITX board (thus are able to use the full 3-slot space, you can either get an aftermarket bifurcation riser and use a 2-slot graphics card with a PCIe wifi card. Doing this cuts the bandwidth available to your graphics cards in half, and require the motherboard to support bifurcation. Or you could still use an M.2 Wifi card (will take up a free M.2 slot in your motherboard) or again, use an USB wifi adapter.

For reference: M.2 PCIe Wifi card: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/int...211b-80211a-80211g-80211n-80211ac-bluetooth-4

USB Wifi dongle:
Both options above are pretty affordable. PCIe bifurcation riser is probably gonna be more expensive and more hassle than it's worth.

In either case, it's probably gonna be a lot less hassle to just buy an USB wifi dongle.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Awesome post @duynguyenle , thank you for writing it!

There are some USB adapters that are better than the others, I would recommend ones that are not in a form of "usb stick" but the ones that are on the cable with adapters and large antennas in the end, something like this:

Or, find one that is usb and has detachable antennas, then put it inside of the case, connect it to internal usb 2.0 port, and put the antennas on the back panel with some extension cables.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yeah, it's almost like some kind of incest, it's using itself to design.... itself I guess lol ?

BTW, cases are packed and I'm taking them to powdercoating tomorrow:

We had to make the custom floor for the trunk:

But they fit just barely in the end, and that's what's important :) Another upside of SFF cases, imagine fitting 50 standard cases into compact car...

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I heard there's been a big rise in corona cases in Croatia, take care of yourselves and don't forget to take precautions when travelling/interacting with people :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I heard there's been a big rise in corona cases in Croatia, take care of yourselves and don't forget to take precautions when travelling/interacting with people :)

Thank you a lot for caring! Yes I am being very cautious, luckily in my area there are a very few cases, if any.

Also, new boxes are done, and I'm going to pick them up today!

releauto

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 22, 2020
The case can accommodate Deepcool GAMMAXX L120?
The size of the cooler: 154x120x52mm
The size of the fan: 120x120x25mm
The size of the pump: 91x79x47mm
Motherboard: mini-ITX

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have started working on the new manual today. I have placed all the components and fasteners, and modeled the new riser:

I will capture images and work on the text in the next few days, so it should be done pretty soon :)

Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut