Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Read the First post as well as the rest of the thread and I gotta say I'm super impressed. it is so much more refined. I totally understand being worried about shipping acrylic sheets but as long as there is an easy way to mount it I have no issue with doing it myself! on the original there wasn't a good way to mount up anything other than the panel that came with it

consider me sold already! I'm excited to retire my v1 and make it my new server chassis. I have been looking for a small form factor atx server chassis and it has been right in front of my face the whole time haha

Yes, now there is a really easy way to mount them, with or without spacers.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Riveting is done, I have assembled 10 cases so far, and continuing tomorrow after I receive some more flanged nuts. Others are 90% assebled, and I'm still waiting on risers and m3 screws. And I need to solder the power button PCB-s.

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
The V2 case is looking great so far! Can't wait for the N-ATX to arrive after this. :)

(Though I preferred having the USB ports and power button at the front instead of at the side and bottom, I have to admit.)

Will this version (and the N-ATX as well) still be able to operate in landscape/desktop orientation?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The V2 case is looking great so far! Can't wait for the N-ATX to arrive after this. :)

(Though I preferred having the USB ports and power button at the front instead of at the side and bottom, I have to admit.)

Will this version (and the N-ATX as well) still be able to operate in landscape/desktop orientation?

Thank you ?

Of course, it has both cpu and gpu pulling air from the same side so no problem at all. If you are using AIO for cpu you can just raise it 1 cm from the floor and that's it.

Continuing with assembly, this looks a bit more like a case :):

Moongata

Efficiency Noob
Jan 22, 2020
For the white version of the case, will the entire case be painted white or just the mask (like the V1)?

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Nice, looks like the ribbon retention strips on these is held down with nuts/screws instead of rivets, which was one of the weak points on the V1 ribbons. These new risers should be much more robust!

Reactions: riba2233

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, this one can't, but I am working on a model (N-ATX) that will support atx board with full 3-slot gpu. I will make it after this batch of P-ATX

I am more a P-ATX guy, but i honestly think you will sell a shitload of the N-ATX to big boi case down-sizers. I also feel the taller air cooler support + long triple slot GPU will be a popular combo.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Looking good, the new venting pattern and more matt finish powder-coat really do look great now i have seen them in a few more lighting environments in your recent photos.

Can you share a photo of the new bottom mounted power button setup when you have a chance?

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Extremely sharp build Riba, looks awesome. I was also unaware that the B450-E had an open spot for a wifi card, that's pretty neat. Weird that the IO shield doesn't have cutouts for the antenna though.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looking good, the new venting pattern and more matt finish powder-coat really do look great now i have seen them in a few more lighting environments in your recent photos.

Can you share a photo of the new bottom mounted power button setup when you have a chance?

Thanks! Here you go, took a picture of it:

It has a really satisfying click.

Extremely sharp build Riba, looks awesome. I was also unaware that the B450-E had an open spot for a wifi card, that's pretty neat. Weird that the IO shield doesn't have cutouts for the antenna though.

Ty, glad you like it!

Yes, B450-E is seriously underrated board. It actually comes with m.2 wifi card, and pci bracket for mounting antennas.