Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Will the 3070 card be okay with an atx mobo in the p-atx v2? Worried that it would blow a lot of hot air onto it and the m.2 ssds.

Also now trying to figure out if I should go air or aio after the recent gamers nexus video that said always try to avoid having the pump at the top of the loop. Although I saw 'be quiet' and are bringing out new aios with the pump near the radiator instead of the cpu block, looks interesting for sure.

Alphacool sells a mini pumptop/res for the DC-LT called the Eisstation 40, so rolling your own custom loop is always an option, there looks to be adequate room in the space between the 120mm radiator mount and the power supply to stash it somewhere: https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-...24196/alphacool-eisstation-40-dc-lt-reservoir

Reactions: riba2233 and Flappy

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Will the 3070 card be okay with an atx mobo in the p-atx v2? Worried that it would blow a lot of hot air onto it and the m.2 ssds.

Also now trying to figure out if I should go air or aio after the recent gamers nexus video that said always try to avoid having the pump at the top of the loop. Although I saw 'be quiet' and are bringing out new aios with the pump near the radiator instead of the cpu block, looks interesting for sure.

Hi,

Yes, 3070 will fit with ATX mbo, either founders model or zotac edge. I will blow some hot air, but it's similar to cpu coolers blowing hot air onto vrm's, it's better to have some airflow even if it's hot air.

If you are worried about aio orientation, there are options such as nzxt m22 and new bequiet aio with pump on tubes. But TBH I think that the issue is a bit overblown, it's not perfect, but it's also not that bad, at least from my own experience. And most AIO's have 5 year warranty.

Also there is a new thread for V2:

So you can check it out if you haven't already, thanks :)

Reactions: Flappy

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019
Hi,

Yes, 3070 will fit with ATX mbo, either founders model or zotac edge. I will blow some hot air, but it's similar to cpu coolers blowing hot air onto vrm's, it's better to have some airflow even if it's hot air.

If you are worried about aio orientation, there are options such as nzxt m22 and new bequiet aio with pump on tubes. But TBH I think that the issue is a bit overblown, it's not perfect, but it's also not that bad, at least from my own experience. And most AIO's have 5 year warranty.

Also there is a new thread for V2:

So you can check it out if you haven't already, thanks :)
I should have commented there considering I just bought one haha. I think I just saw some recent comments here in relation to the 30 cards so ended up here. Will make sure I put new comments on the v2 post.

I think I would also tend to agree on the aio. I'll wait to see how the be quiet one is but may just go for asetek. Although I also saw the scythe shuriken 2 air cooler which seems pretty good and is just within height limit; just hard to find.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I should have commented there considering I just bought one haha. I think I just saw some recent comments here in relation to the 30 cards so ended up here. Will make sure I put new comments on the v2 post.

I think I would also tend to agree on the aio. I'll wait to see how the be quiet one is but may just go for asetek. Although I also saw the scythe shuriken 2 air cooler which seems pretty good and is just within height limit; just hard to find.

NP :) There are also Id cooling IS-60 and Thermalright APX 100 options. IS-60 should be easy to find, and you can put noctua A12x15 fan on it.

Reactions: Flappy

KidWeaBoo

Average Stuffer
Dec 12, 2018
I'm not really a fan of the way the stand looks on v2. I own the v1 case and feel that the stand looks much better and more stable. Is the a handle accessory yet?

Reactions: Talyrius

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
I'm not really a fan of the way the stand looks on v2. I own the v1 case and feel that the stand looks much better and more stable. Is the a handle accessory yet?

Obviously looks are subjective so I can’t comment there, but as someone who owned a v1 and now has a v2 case I can confidently say the v2 stand is significantly more stable.

The v2 stand attaches to the case in a way that is much more secure and when attached provides a much more stable platform.

Reactions: riba2233 and Kit

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017

Owning both I can tell you that V2 is a million times more stable and secure. v1 just sits on the stand where v2 mounts to the stand

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

I still haven't had anything laser cut, so I didn't make the handles yet TBH.

As other pointed out, V2 stand is really a big improvement. Looks is of course subjective, but it is a bit more elegant in my opinion and regarding stability it is a really big difference. This one actually grabs onto case, and it's a bit wider at the base. Also the V2 is like 1 kg heavier, so that is another plus for stability.

FishWithAComputer

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 30, 2021
240mm AIO + panel closed. It is manageable although janky. But hey, temps are great.

Specs:
3900XT, HyperX Fury 32GB 3600MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce, 1TB m.2 NVME SSD.

Originally tried using a Noctua L9a, but the temperatures were way too high to be acceptable. (90+ degrees)
I know that you are not meant to mount a 240mm rad on the exterior of the case, but hey, if it fits, it sits.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
240mm AIO + panel closed. It is manageable although janky. But hey, temps are great.

Specs:
3900XT, HyperX Fury 32GB 3600MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce, 1TB m.2 NVME SSD.

Originally tried using a Noctua L9a, but the temperatures were way too high to be acceptable. (90+ degrees)
I know that you are not meant to mount a 240mm rad on the exterior of the case, but hey, if it fits, it sits.

Nice 😁

Maybe you can put the aio on top of the case to keep the narrow footprint?

BTW this is the topic for the V2 which is more active: