Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I saw Riba's comment on OT YouTube when someone said he should review the P-ATX. He is interested in sending one but of course, it still depends on these reviewers. This case needs more exposure.

Yes, I will try to, I hope they will accept it. Thank you :)

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi guys ! Hope you're alright ! I didnt post anything in there for a while.
I recently updated my P-ATX build.
I used to have the RTX 2080 Super + i5 9600k cooled with a Cryorig C7g (pictures on SFF time website) and I upgraded the cooler to fit the 645lt 92mm AIO from Asetek using high performance thermal paste.

I did put a 2nd 1TB NVME on the slot I have on the other side of the motherboard, it fits very well and the vents on the side panels should keep it cool so Im pretty happy with those vents, great job Riba !

With summer time I've got to say its a pretty interresting upgrade my temps are much better now, it allowed me to use my 9600k at 100% (had limitation in the first test I posted on this forum) with temps no going higher than 68°C wich to me is amazing.
Performance are great now. I run a lot of games 60FPS @4k with no issue.
I really recommend that case for those who want to build a slim console killer (feels a bit like PS5 by the way :) ).

The only problem that remains to me is the PCI riser : I did have a problem with the first one but it wasnt too serious and I managed to fix it but the 2nd PCI riser I did get from Riba has broken (the plastic lock) when I disasembled the graphic card and I didnt find any good riser replacement on the market that can be mounted for 3-slot configuration :( .

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looks nice!

Yeah, aio is huge difference, especially with such unrestricted airflow.

I have a suggestion though, I would put thicker, 25 or 38mm fan and turn it the other way. This way the gpu is getting some of the hot air from cpu. No to much, but still.

For the riser, please contact me and we'll see what we can do :) If it's only the plastic lock, don't worry, it is not crucial.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
After many modifications, I've managed to fit a triple fan RX 5700 XT + 240mm AiO into this case. The end part of the GPU sits behind the AiO and behind that is a Noctua 25mm slim fan that exhausts air from the GPU + AiO.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Omg, this is really extreme mod, I like it!

You are going to benefit from N-ATX once it arrives, all of that will fit inside, with closed panels ?

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Omg, this is really extreme mod, I like it!

You are going to benefit from N-ATX once it arrives, all of that will fit inside, with closed panels ?

Yeah, whenever production starts for that I'll be keeping a close eye and will probably purchase one. But for now this will work very well as an open air style console . I'm planning to put a b550 matx motherboard inside in about a weeks time (good thing there's a few with the raised PCI slot). So then I'll really maximize the space out of this thing

Reactions: riba2233

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Nice build on the reddit, with RX 5700XT and AIO for the CPU:

Nice build! I'm still waiting for my case to move from New York as USPS is being annoying (f*** Louis DeJoy for slowing down USPS), so all I can do is stare at internet builds and hope that it comes soon. Speaking of custom cables, does anyone have lengths for custom cables?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Nice build! I'm still waiting for my case to move from New York as USPS is being annoying (f*** Louis DeJoy for slowing down USPS), so all I can do is stare at internet builds and hope that it comes soon. Speaking of custom cables, does anyone have lengths for custom cables?

Here are the lengths, I have not tested them but they should be correct:

24pin - 15 cm

eps - 50 cm

gpu - 25 for short ones, 15 for longer ones

And I've seen that the situation with USPS is awful, which is really a shame, especially for a developed country.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Willl the P-ATX V1 and/or the V2 fit the new Geforce 3090?

Hi,

In short yes, you will just have to pick the right model depending on the rest of your components (motherboard, aio etc).

Here is what I wrote about a new launch in V2 thread:

3090 - will work great in this case, with ITX board and air cooling for CPU, I recommend 700-800W SFX supply

3080 - same, great fit, and will work with ATX board since it's true 2-slot. Now, regarding CPU cooling, I also recommend air, but if you like to tinker (find a solution to mount smaller fan to 120mm radiator, maybe modify the included bracket), you could use 120mm aio with something like 80mm fan, maybe even 92 but I need to see the exact dimensions to tell. I also recommend strong PSU, 700-800W. If you are brave, you could try some 600-650W unit if it's of really high quality, but I would just feel safer with 750W

3070 - this is actually the most interesting for me, since it's looks like it's less then 245 mm in length + 2-slot, and that means that you can use it with both ATX board and 120mm AIO! And also it's not so power hungry, so 600W PSU is more than enough. And it should have nice price to performance

BurntPockets

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 2, 2020
Hi,

In short yes, you will just have to pick the right model depending on the rest of your components (motherboard, aio etc).

Here is what I wrote about a new launch in V2 thread:

Appreciate the follow-up, thanks. I will upgrade to the next gen AMD ITX motherboards and CPUs when they come out to go along with the Geforce 3090

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Appreciate the follow-up, thanks. I will upgrade to the next gen AMD ITX motherboards and CPUs when they come out to go along with the Geforce 3090

No problem! Please take all maximum dimensions into consideration before chosing a card, V1 has a bit more restrictive GPU comaptibility. I recommend one of models that are not very tall such as EVGA XC3 or some zotac models. If you need more help please ask, I am glad to assist :)

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019
Will the 3070 card be okay with an atx mobo in the p-atx v2? Worried that it would blow a lot of hot air onto it and the m.2 ssds.

Also now trying to figure out if I should go air or aio after the recent gamers nexus video that said always try to avoid having the pump at the top of the loop. Although I saw 'be quiet' and are bringing out new aios with the pump near the radiator instead of the cpu block, looks interesting for sure.