Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I just saw this awesome render of how the airflow should work on the new Nvidia founders edition cards (if the leaks are actually true):

Some people say that this design wont work well with console style cases, but it should work fine with P-ATX since it has vent holes on the back side of the case, so the second fan can draw air from somewhere, and the exhaust path is also very clear. It is also true 2-slot and reference height. I might do some renders later since the model is available on the grabcad.
If this design is correct what bothers me is if this is in a normal tower case with front intake fans you will be blowing the exhaust from the right fan directly into the intake of the left fan.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
your case wont be affected much but that flow is just too crazy, so both sides do intake and exhaust?
If this design is correct what bothers me is if this is in a normal tower case with front intake fans you will be blowing the exhaust from the right fan directly into the intake of the left fan.

Yeah I mean I also don't understand the airflow logic, especially for standard cases. I really like the passtrough design, but that rear fan should really push the air in the same direction as the front one.

offset

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 11, 2020
I saw your post that you can ship to USA, but your website is not letting me check out. Will you be updating your site, or did shipping get restricted again?

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
I saw your post that you can ship to USA, but your website is not letting me check out. Will you be updating your site, or did shipping get restricted again?
I think you misunderstood the post. What the post said was that shipping to US is still restricted from where riba2233 is shipping from. However, shipping to Canada or Mexico is allowed, so if you have somewhere to ship it to in those countries (like a friend's house in one of those countries), he can send it there. You'll have to then figure out how to get the package into the US.
Believe me, I'm getting a bit impatient as well as apparently there are only a few new cases left, but there's not much that anyone can do about the current situation.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I am really sorry guys, I cannot express how frustrated this situation makes me. I just hope it wont last to long, but the situation in USA doesn't look to good.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi guys,

I am near the end of the first P-ATX batch, with only a few black cases left (and some silver and black b-stock), so I wanted to offer 40 USD coupon to forum members, as a thank you for your great support from the day one.

The coupon code is: SFFFORUM

Your support has been really awesome, more than I have expected, so I want to say thank you to all of you who bought cases and have been active on this thread.
You have really helped me to turn my love for hardware, cases, and sff to a real business which I hope will continue with new batches and models.

Thank you a lot! ☺

PS - I am still very sorry that I can't ship to USA and some other countries, but unfortunately can't do anything about it.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Yay! Order placed. I have to admit I've been looking at the shipping page way too much awaiting an update. Looking forward to building in the case.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
What are the thermals like on this case? Anyone here willing to post their observations?

Hi,

based on my testing they are almost the same as in the open case scenario, but the gpu noise is a bit higher because of the turbulence. But that depends on how fast the fans are spinning.

Omega

Efficiency Noob
May 29, 2020
I think this case deserves way, way more YouTube coverage. Are you in a financial position to 'give away' few b-stock models to several prominent YT channels?
Also is there an rough ETA for the second version/batch?

Reactions: ZivZulander

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I think this case deserves way, way more YouTube coverage. Are you in a financial position to 'give away' few b-stock models to several prominent YT channels?

?

Thank you a lot for saying that, it really means a lot!

Yes, I was planning to send v2 to some youtubers, if they decide to accept it of course. I hope they will, because soon we have a few big launches.

Here is the thread for P-ATX v2:

And I will post all the updates there, I hope to have the new batch soon.

Reactions: ZivZulander

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I saw Riba's comment on OT YouTube when someone said he should review the P-ATX. He is interested in sending one but of course, it still depends on these reviewers. This case needs more exposure.