Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
I am really excited to see a build that really maxes out the case, and seeing that everything fit within last mm. It is actually really hard to design and especially make something with such tolerances, but after seeing a build like this it makes it all totally worth it.

I am looking at this and getting excited like I have done the build myself ?

So a few comments - cpu cooler at 53mm - wow, right at the limit! With it being so close to the panel and with high rpm, turbulence is expected.

- top fans - yes, the last one can be tricky to install, I have three of them but the last one was a bit of a hassle because of the cable management. They should make less turbulence in exhaust mode, take that in mind.

- hdd - barely fit, that's because evga adds mm or two to the reference length. But I'm glad you managed to fit it!

- gpu bracket screws - I had to position these holes right at the edge of the bracket holes, to make room for the PEM insert. Otherwise I would have the thread in the 1mm steel, which would not be the best solution. So yes, some gpu's have a bit different size of the hole

- thank you for compliments and for buying, I'm really happy it turned out great! ?

PS - if you can, please route the internal AC cable underneath the top fans (there should be just enough space), I don't like 115 VAC going so close to the MBO
Yes! This case shows design decisions in almost every corner of it! I loved it!
For the air cooler turbulence issue, I found the possible solution on Dan case website(dan-cases.com/dana4_faq.html):" The easiest way to reduce this issue is using micromesh dust filters. DEMCIFilter offers two custom sets for the A4-SFX. If you like to test this solution temporary, cut the tights of your girlfriend and span it over the fan. "
I am going to buy tights and cut them to test out. If it worked great, I would buy a dust filter and NF-A9, otherwise, I will do the deliding next week first, check how loud it sounds, and change to NF-A9*14 with a fan adapter.
Hope this will reduce the sound significantly.

Reactions: ZivZulander

Arcticwarrior80

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 16, 2020
Dear Brexit crew.

Nothing changes until Dec 31st. Until then, all import/export arrangements remains the same, it's as if we never left (and we haven't, not until the end of the year)

P/S as per above, you will not get hit with the 20% tax plus 8 quid handling charge
It just arrived an hour ago so thats a week to the day from an evening order last Tuesday which is pretty impressive, also no import duty was applied at the UK end thankfully! First impressions are that I hope it will stay 100% upright on the stand once its all loaded up with components as currently while empty it just sits in the stand with no retention mechanism and leans at 15 degrees to the vertical. No retaining screws were mentioned in the PFD instructions I read twice before arrival so hoping gravity makes it all work once its weighted up. Looking forward to learning how to upload pictures as i'm new here and to Imgur that everyone seems to use. Is it best to photo/video in Imgue first?
Dear Brexit crew.

Nothing changes until Dec 31st. Until then, all import/export arrangements remains the same, it's as if we never left (and we haven't, not until the end of the year)

P/S as per above, you will not get hit with the 20% tax plus 8 quid handling charge

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Once you have side panels and hardware it will stand upright!

For image upload, you can use imgur.com, just press "new post" button in the top left corner and after that just past the link you get.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
There is no way that cable actually fits underneath the 3x60mm, fans, do you have proof it fits?
Edit: I'm amazed.

Haha :) Well TBH it is a really tight fit, but I designed it that way. That is also the reason on why there is no flange on that part.

Yes! This case shows design decisions in almost every corner of it! I loved it!
For the air cooler turbulence issue, I found the possible solution on Dan case website(dan-cases.com/dana4_faq.html):" The easiest way to reduce this issue is using micromesh dust filters. DEMCIFilter offers two custom sets for the A4-SFX. If you like to test this solution temporary, cut the tights of your girlfriend and span it over the fan. "
I am going to buy tights and cut them to test out. If it worked great, I would buy a dust filter and NF-A9, otherwise, I will do the deliding next week first, check how loud it sounds, and change to NF-A9*14 with a fan adapter.
Hope this will reduce the sound significantly.

I need to check if the fan from ryzen spire or stealth makes less turbulence, when I was testing coolers in the sentry noctua and id-cooling fan made a lot of turbulence, but amd fan made none.

So stay tuned for that, it looks like it has identical dimensions to yours. NF-A9*14 is a lot weaker fan.

Arcticwarrior80

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 16, 2020
Once you have side panels and hardware it will stand upright!

For image upload, you can use imgur.com, just press "new post" button in the top left corner and after that just past the link you get.
First attempt! Its been up 5 mins and got 2 down votes which confused me as its a clear title of size comparision with other equipment! <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/MBuTedf"><a href="//imgur.com/a/MBuTedf">SFF Time P-ATX Sff PC case size comparison with Meshify C and PS 4 Pro</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hope this works!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks for the pictures!

Reagrding votes, I don't even pay attention to that, but maybe you marked it as a public post, IDK.

I don't see why someone would downvote this.

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
Finally finished most of the pre-build prep work and started building right now, finally. Is there a manual or guide for which screws go for which (for stuff like PSU mount)? Granted, I could probably figure it out, but my brain is at like 25% of normal function due to lack of sleep. ?

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
Thanks for the pictures!

Reagrding votes, I don't even pay attention to that, but maybe you marked it as a public post, IDK.

I don't see why someone would downvote this.

Yeah, if public it's because imgur people only care about memes. It's not anything personal, I'm sure most of the PC enthusiasts actually like it.

Reactions: riba2233

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Finally finished most of the pre-build prep work and started building right now, finally. Is there a manual or guide for which screws go for which (for stuff like PSU mount)? Granted, I could probably figure it out, but my brain is at like 25% of normal function due to lack of sleep. ?

The instruction manual PDF on the sfftime product page lists what screws are used in the various steps.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Just did a quick test fit, the blackridge won't fit without covering ram slot 2, which I need to show off my baller ram. Does anyone know where I can actually get an AXP90?
Edit:
I bit the bullet and just ordered from aliexpress. I WILL get this build to work. Now I have to wait for the Noctua NF-A9x14 to come back in stock on amazon. So much waiting ?

Last edited:

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Just did a quick test fit, the blackridge won't fit without covering ram slot 2, which I need to show off my baller ram. Does anyone know where I can actually get an AXP90?
Edit:
I bit the bullet and just ordered from aliexpress. I WILL get this build to work. Now I have to wait for the Noctua NF-A9x14 to come back in stock on amazon. So much waiting ?

The Thermalright AXP90 is available from AliExpress or TaoBao. It is a little bit cheaper on TaoBao however assuming you are buying from outside China, agent fees and/or shipping fees will pretty much equalise out any price differences vs buying from AliExpress (plus given the general situation in China, expect delays in orders and deliveries).

Going with AliExpress is probably better for anyone not living in the regions that is covered in TaoBao's global shipping programme.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Is copper version available on Ali? I thought I only saw the aluminum version.

If you are buying NF-A9x14 separate be sure to buy the new, black version, old model is only 2000 rpm and the new is 2500 (same as the one that comes with the coolers).

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Is copper version available on Ali? I thought I only saw the aluminum version.

If you are buying NF-A9x14 separate be sure to buy the new, black version, old model is only 2000 rpm and the new is 2500 (same as the one that comes with the coolers).

Yes it is available here

Select the options that says AXP/90/Full

Remember to choose the apropriate mount for your CPU. There are two separate options for Intel and AMD mount (I wish they would just bundle all of the supported mounts into the package)