Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Been done. ~8L.

But this is more conventional. :)

But this here case allows for atx instead of matx so up to 128gb ddr4 ram for those looking to make an insane mobile render rig.

Reactions: whatanoob

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Been done. ~8L.

But this is more conventional. :)

Yes, I have seen that, very impressive bulid! ?

But this here case allows for atx instead of matx so up to 128gb ddr4 ram for those looking to make an insane mobile render rig.

Yes, and 120mm AIO, and internal PSU, etc ?

Reactions: MrClippy

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I got all the components for the show-off system:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
MSI X399 SLI plus ATX board
Zotac 1080ti Mini
ASUS Ryuo 120mm AIO
Chieftec 650W SFX power supply
3 Sunon 60mm quiet maglev fans

Today I'm receiving laser cut panels for the prototype which I need to bend, and alu front/top piece is almost done. So I hope that it will be ready by the end of the week :)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Absolutely gorgeous. Very impressed how well laid out this is, and all at <$200 which a lot of SFF cases on here have been creeping past. If I wasn't already all geared up to get an SM580 from Sliger I'd be very interested in this.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Absolutely gorgeous. Very impressed how well laid out this is, and all at <$200 which a lot of SFF cases on here have been creeping past. If I wasn't already all geared up to get an SM580 from Sliger I'd be very interested in this.

Thank you a lot for the comment, it really means a lot! :)

I have set price point to 185 USD (plus shipping cost), and for now everything is in order for that to be true!

From the renders it looks like you could even fit an e-atx board if you use an hdplex 400w psu instead of sfx ;)

Yes, I will offer optional bracket for either TFX or flex-atx psu, and with either of those two (or of course some DC-DC solution) it will support E-ATX.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
When will this be avalible?

Hi, as soon as I open the company and produce the first batch. Within 4-6 weeks tops.

I am preparing the prototype, still have few bends left to do (modding the brake press) and then I need to assemble the configuration in it :)

I will post some pictures from the production.

Reactions: MrClippy

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The upcoming case has me hooked. ~13L, 3 slot GPU, sfx or potential atx psu, and atx board? Take my money.

Yes, ATX board, ATX supply, 3 slot gpu, thick 120mm aio or 140 mm aio. Or if you use itx board, then up to 360mm aio.

There will be many possible configurations, even one with atx board, 360mm radiatior and 2 slot gpu and sfx-l psu, but I will post details once I have everything a bit more worked out.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have finally finished bending the main frame ? It turned out to be perfect, all the dimensions and tolerances are in check.

Here are the pictures:

That means that I am also done with modding the bending machine, which I have forgot to picture again ? So I will try to to so tomorrow.

And also, take a few pictures with various components inside, and after that start to assemble the configuration, for which I have all the parts ready.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here is the picture of the machine, it's heavily modified manual press brake from aliexpress: (please ignore the mess around, I'm yet to move to the real workshop)

So, I would like to hear your thoughts, what do you think about case, features, design, price point, or anything else?

Reactions: Mako

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I have finally finished bending the main frame ? It turned out to be perfect, all the dimensions and tolerances are in check.

Here are the pictures:

That means that I am also done with modding the bending machine, which I have forgot to picture again ? So I will try to to so tomorrow.

And also, take a few pictures with various components inside, and after that start to assemble the configuration, for which I have all the parts ready.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how well everything else fits like the PSU + cables, the AIO and such.

Reactions: riba2233