Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
When SFFTIME N-ATXv2 meets Nvidia RTX 4080 FE...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...n-atx-v2-complete-build-log.17997/post-271132

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Hi Riba, 2 questions:

1) The maximum CPU cooler height is listed to be 79mm. Is there any way to increase by using shorter motherboard legs?

2) I am planning on using an ITX mobo and a 3090 ROG Strix (the big chungus of 3090s), do you think it's possible to cram a CPU AIO into the case?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi Riba, 2 questions:

1) The maximum CPU cooler height is listed to be 79mm. Is there any way to increase by using shorter motherboard legs?

2) I am planning on using an ITX mobo and a 3090 ROG Strix (the big chungus of 3090s), do you think it's possible to cram a CPU AIO into the case?

Hi,

1. Unfortunately not, I have basically maximized the space for the cooler
2. I mean it might be possible to cram a custom loop for the cpu if you use that special 17mm rad and 12mm fans, but tbh I wouldn't bother for the cpu. You only need that much cooling for the cpu if you are rendering with it, which is rare and is better done with gpu nowadays.

Will there be a third batch in January 2023? Or is there any chance to get this case ealier? 🙃

There will yeah, still don't know the exact date but I doubt it will be before the new year, shipping sucks balls this time of the year so I usually skip sales in December.

Reactions: Shelby

greyghost

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 7, 2022
@riba2233 Received the N-ATX V2 case from the 2nd batch order. Transplanted my system from the Corsair Air 240 in to it. Building in it was a breeze. It's the best small foot print case that can fit regular ATX mobo and psu. Thanks!

Mobo: Asus TUF Z390m-PRO Gaming (Wifi)
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR4-3200 8GBx4
GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2080TI
PSU: Seasonic G-750

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@riba2233 Received the N-ATX V2 case from the 2nd batch order. Transplanted my system from the Corsair Air 240 in to it. Building in it was a breeze. It's the best small foot print case that can fit regular ATX mobo and psu. Thanks!

Welcome on board..:)
Would you have any photos please?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Awesome to hear, thanks!

Yeah I would also like to see some pictures :)

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022

Just wondering, what country do you live in? For me, it's been around 3 weeks since mine got shipped but my federal post service is still saying "it's waiting for the item to arrive in Canada".

It looks like it got shipped by sea, which I find strange, but idk, maybe fuel prices in EU make it infeasible for post services to use air mail anymore. I also ordered APX-200 to go with the case, and it's also stuck in sea shipment limbo. Who knows.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Just wondering, what country do you live in? For me, it's been around 3 weeks since mine got shipped but my federal post service is still saying "it's waiting for the item to arrive in Canada".

It looks like it got shipped by sea, which I find strange, but idk, maybe fuel prices in EU make it infeasible for post services to use air mail anymore. I also ordered APX-200 to go with the case, and it's also stuck in sea shipment limbo. Who knows.
Hi, I only use air shipping. It is just slow this time of the year due to holiday season. Sorry for that but not much I can do.

Reactions: harryshuman

greyghost

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 7, 2022

I live in Singapore. Got it a week back.

Reactions: rfarmer

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here's a picture of the build.

Forgot to mention, I changed my CPU cooler from a 120mm AIO to the Big Shuriken 3, with a normal 25mm fan as I couldn't get my GPU to fit with the AIO installed. The good thing is now I can fit my 3.5" HDD in the case.

Thanks for posting the picture, very interesting build and you certainly used that space :)

Ilyu

Trash Compacter
Nov 6, 2019
Quick question, that maybe has already been discussed somewhere else:
What would the recommended fan orientation be (below the PSU) intake or exhaust?

There are 3 major points to consider for my build:
a) I'm thinking about mounting the case horizontally against the bottom of my desk top
b) I'm not having any other fan in there (beside the psu) because of externally watercooling all components
c) There will (hopefully, currently printing a mount) be a D5 Next in front of the fan.

I have no real data or smart explanation, but I feel like exhaust is the way - any opinions/data on this? 😀

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
The fact you left space for 180mm length PSU's means you can go full nutz and fit a 2000W Platinum Enhance ATX-3920GB. How many gpu's can you squeeze in?? lol

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What would the recommended fan orientation be (below the PSU) intake or exhaust?

a) I'm thinking about mounting the case horizontally against the bottom of my desk top
b) I'm not having any other fan in there (beside the psu) because of externally watercooling all components
c) There will (hopefully, currently printing a mount) be a D5 Next in front of the fan.

I have no real data or smart explanation, but I feel like exhaust is the way - any opinions/data on this? 😀
Exhaust, no question asked..:)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Hm, if you are watercooling all the components I am not sure if fan would even be necessary, but if you want it any orientation should work, exhaust might be a bit better since there won't be any turbulence from the intake.

The fact you left space for 180mm length PSU's means you can go full nutz and fit a 2000W Platinum Enhance ATX-3920GB. How many gpu's can you squeeze in?? lol

Haha yeah, it all depends on how much DIY you are wiling to do, maybe 3 or even 4? IDK 😅

Reactions: Overtek

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
@riba2233 So a month later I am still waiting for my case. I guess at this point nothing prevents me from waiting until 2023, trying to resolve any issues will take a long time anyway. What was the original time estimate for delivery to Canada by Croatian Post? Is there any way we can have an option for DHL/Fedex/UPS instead of federal services? I would rather pay extra $50 than risk losing the case and delaying my build indefinetely. Canada Post is notoriously shit. Just FYI.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 So a month later I am still waiting for my case. I guess at this point nothing prevents me from waiting until 2023, trying to resolve any issues will take a long time anyway. What was the original time estimate for delivery to Canada by Croatian Post? Is there any way we can have an option for DHL/Fedex/UPS instead of federal services? I would rather pay extra $50 than risk losing the case and delaying my build indefinetely. Canada Post is notoriously shit. Just FYI.

Hi,

I am terribly sorry for the situation, looks like the whole NA is really problematic this year in current holiday season.
I wasn't so bad last year, so I didn't expect this kind of a delay but it is worse than I expected for sure.
I wouldn't worry about any cases being lost, that never happened, but yeah delays are bad and I have shipped last cases on 22nd, I didn't expect for the trouble to begin so early. I usually don't ship anything in December for this reason, but I got surprised this year.
Also all the packaged I shipped before 7th of November got delivered in usual time-frame of up to two weeks, and outside of holiday season there haven't been any delays and that is one of the reasons why I don't offer DHL other than it costing almost 200usd. I don't think that is a fair price for any of my customers and that is why I don't offer that option anymore.
I am sorry that I cannot help in a more meaningful way (you are correct, raising a claim now wouldn't do much as they have a 60 day deadline and you will get your case much sooner than then).

BTW for anyone interested, I have a few N-ATX B-stock cases available, but yeah if you are from NA please bear in mid the shipping delays.