Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah I know, Vietnam is not on our post offices list even for letters, and DHL (cheapest courier) is like 160 USD, and I have to check if they even accept such a large box for this service (express easy).
I have a friend that's been proxy-ing small stuff for me via Singapore - but it's mostly custom keycaps (small boxes, 1-2kg each). Not sure about a box this big and heavy though, gotta ask 😂

from the current shipping, looks like shipping cost for N-ATX to Singapore will be 68USD?

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
I know it's way to late to make any changes now but I had a late night thought.

Have you considered a inverted layout?

I could be wrong but all you would have to do is mimic the slats on the bottom that are used to mount the stand and put them on top. Nothing else would have to be adjusted. But I could be wrong.

I might try and see if I can make a clean inverted mod when I get this chassis

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have a friend that's been proxy-ing small stuff for me via Singapore - but it's mostly custom keycaps (small boxes, 1-2kg each). Not sure about a box this big and heavy though, gotta ask 😂

from the current shipping, looks like shipping cost for N-ATX to Singapore will be 68USD?

Yes, that is correct, we can ship to Singapore via regular air package for 68 USD. I have just checked and DHL's website tells me that the box is a few cm too large, I would have to call them since I can't find any firm info on max dimensions though. It says that for all countries though, I really have to investigate a bit.

I know it's way to late to make any changes now but I had a late night thought.

Have you considered a inverted layout?

I could be wrong but all you would have to do is mimic the slats on the bottom that are used to mount the stand and put them on top. Nothing else would have to be adjusted. But I could be wrong.

I might try and see if I can make a clean inverted mod when I get this chassis

I have thought about that, but decided not to support it for a few reasons:

- extra slots for the stand on the top side would really hurt the clean aesthetics

- while inverted, bottom side would show up and it is just not designed to "be looked at" let's say, it would look weird

- thermal performance for CPU (at least for air cooling) and PSU are much worse in inverted layout

So yeah, you can try to 3D print a custom stand, but not everything will be perfect.

How big and heavy is the box ? I would prolly still DHL it rather than going for a proxy

Outer dimensions of N-ATX shipping box are 49×41×15cm, and it is 4.9 kg heavy.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I also have to warn that first batch is not very big, so I recommend to anyone who really wants it to be quick. Next batch is coming relatively soon though.

Good to hear they're on the way, given the current supply shortage with PC hardware, I probaly will not be getting in the first round of cases (can't even buy half of the components on my list :( ). Do you plan to keep these relatively frequently stocked?

Badasser

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2020
I wonder if the shipping situation to Australia has improved at all... 😥 Pretty damn keen to jump on the first or second batch either way.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Good to hear they're on the way, given the current supply shortage with PC hardware, I probaly will not be getting in the first round of cases (can't even buy half of the components on my list :( ). Do you plan to keep these relatively frequently stocked?

Yes of course, don't worry! :)

while you're at it check for Vietnam also pls 👏

Ok so I checked with DHL employee, he said that the calculator on their web is a bit broken. So basically N-ATX goes into the next price class because it has a larger volume, even though it is below 5kg it is considered to be <10kg. That means that shipping by DHL will cost around 222 USD for USA/EU and 260 for SEA and AUS/NZ. Bad news I know, but they price shipping by weight/volume and not just by weight like regular post.

I wonder if the shipping situation to Australia has improved at all... 😥 Pretty damn keen to jump on the first or second batch either way.

It hasn't unfortunately, DHL still the only option.

emo.83

Cable Smoosher
Oct 26, 2019
Yes of course, don't worry! :)

Ok so I checked with DHL employee, he said that the calculator on their web is a bit broken. So basically N-ATX goes into the next price class because it has a larger volume, even though it is below 5kg it is considered to be <10kg. That means that shipping by DHL will cost around 222 USD for USA/EU and 260 for SEA and AUS/NZ. Bad news I know, but they price shipping by weight/volume and not just by weight like regular post.

It hasn't unfortunately, DHL still the only option.
Just so I understand this shipping to the US is $222 on top of the cost of the case right now?

Thanks

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I see, thats quite a bit more than what I would expect, but Singapore normal shipping is around 100 dollar isnt it ?

cfortney

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2017
www.chrisfortney.com
Absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this case. I think we were chatting a bit on r/sffpc and you directed me over to r/mffpc. I've been building in my Lian Li PC-05s for years now and I feel like I can get a similar layout with the N-ATX at a much smaller footprint. Looks like I could run a 3080 FE in the vertical position with an AIO behind it for the CPU and some slim fans if I'm looking at it correctly! Is there any advantage to running an SFX PSU, like could I squeeze a few 2.5" SSDs in or something?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this case. I think we were chatting a bit on r/sffpc and you directed me over to r/mffpc. I've been building in my Lian Li PC-05s for years now and I feel like I can get a similar layout with the N-ATX at a much smaller footprint. Looks like I could run a 3080 FE in the vertical position with an AIO behind it for the CPU and some slim fans if I'm looking at it correctly! Is there any advantage to running an SFX PSU, like could I squeeze a few 2.5" SSDs in or something?

Thanks, I remember that yeah :D

Yes, since 3080 is dual slot you can fit 360mm rad with 15mm fans behind it, if you use ITX board of course. There should be enough space for few 2.5" SSD's also.

No, you won't gain anything with SFX psu compatibility wise, except for shorter cables that could be easier to manage.