Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It's like this:

In P-ATX:

- single slot gpu's can be moved towards the inside of the case by 5mm
- dual and triple slot cards can be adjusted all the way, so by 20mm

In N-ATX it is a bit different since gpu sits a bit lower to make more space for larger PSU:

- single and dual slot gpu's can be moved towards the inside of the case by 5mm
- triple and 4slot gpu's are in the fixed position

But please note that there is a big difference between this case and CL530, this case is raised a lot from the ground, and has ample ventilation in the bottom, so it has much better gpu exhaust and thus won't recirculate hot air so I wouldn't worry for gpu temps.

Thank you a lot!

No, it is in all configurations, 160mm is absolute max limit.
Thanks @riba2233.
In N-ATX, at best how close can be gpu fan from side panel (intake) for 2, 2.5 slots and 3 slots gpu please? 5 mm?
I’m using cl530 with hifi feet so there is no issue of this point of view. Main issue I’m facing with cl530 is with 2.5 slots gpu...side panel is located at 15mm from side panel..too far away to avoid hot air recycling. I guess 5mm distance is the best distance to side panel.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

@riba2233 based on your pre serial build, I supposed that SFX/L PSU will require some cable extension, especially for CPU 8 pins connector.:) Am I correct?
Similarly I found ATX PSU will perfectly fits as their fan will have direct access to fresh air. I'll most probably test SFX first to see if they tend to recycle hot air or not.

Speaking of SFX/L PSU, is it possible to adjust their position to make them closer to Motherboard?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
that is also fine , I would just be using old trusted sf750 then since the ATX PSU I am looking at are all at 170-180mm

Np :) There are some nice 140mm long atx psu options from seasonic and silverstone.

Thanks @riba2233.
In N-ATX, at best how close can be gpu fan from side panel (intake) for 2, 2.5 slots and 3 slots gpu please? 5 mm?
I’m using cl530 with hifi feet so there is no issue of this point of view. Main issue I’m facing with cl530 is with 2.5 slots gpu...side panel is located at 15mm from side panel..too far away to avoid hot air recycling. I guess 5mm distance is the best distance to side panel.

1 or 2 slot: ~3-8mm
2.5 slot: ~13mm
3 slot: ~3 mm (more for 2.75, 2.9 etc. not many cards are really 3slot)

But you really shouldn't worry about that, bottom side is super ventilated, much more than sliger, so not really comparable (hole to metal ratio)

@riba2233 based on your pre serial build, I supposed that SFX/L PSU will require some cable extension, especially for CPU 8 pins connector.:) Am I correct?
Similarly I found ATX PSU will perfectly fits as their fan will have direct access to fresh air. I'll most probably test SFX first to see if they tend to recycle hot air or not.

Speaking of SFX/L PSU, is it possible to adjust their position to make them closer to Motherboard?

I am not sure for 8 pin extension, they are usually 50cm and that should be enough from my experience. If it isn't, you can rotate the bracket to it's closer to motherboard, yes. ATX psu's have two possible orientations, and sfx have 4.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Np :) There are some nice 140mm long atx psu options from seasonic and silverstone.

1 or 2 slot: ~3-8mm
2.5 slot: ~13mm
3 slot: ~3 mm (more for 2.75, 2.9 etc. not many cards are really 3slot)

But you really shouldn't worry about that, bottom side is super ventilated, much more than sliger, so not really comparable (hole to metal ratio)

I am not sure for 8 pin extension, they are usually 50cm and that should be enough from my experience. If it isn't, you can rotate the bracket to it's closer to motherboard, yes. ATX psu's have two possible orientations, and sfx have 4.

Thanks @riba2233 !

For PSU location, if I understand well, there are 2 horizontal positions for SFX, one next to front panel, one next MB?
Could illustrate 2 sfx/l positions please? This can free a lot of space in front panel area with SFX psu.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah I saw silverstone have up to 1200 w options on that length , i dont think silverstone offers anything higher than 750w in that length though. Maybe by the time this case came out corsair have launched a new SFX psu ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks @riba2233 !

For PSU location, if I understand well, there are 2 horizontal positions for SFX, one next to front panel, one next MB?
Could illustrate 2 sfx/l positions please? This can free a lot of space in front panel area with SFX psu.

Sure, I will post renders later but that is basically it.

Yeah I saw silverstone have up to 1200 w options on that length , i dont think silverstone offers anything higher than 750w in that length though. Maybe by the time this case came out corsair have launched a new SFX psu ?
Silverstone actually has 140mm ATX model with 1200w, and seasonic has 1000W focus in 140mm, I am using that one and it is incredible.

Also they launched 1000W sfx-l recently :)

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Alright, riba my guy. FINALLY got my 3090 fe waterblock and built in the P-ATX v2 and I'm thinking it's a little cramped for the 3090. The backplate is pressed right up against the PCIe riser cable. If it wasn't a 90° cable it straight up wouldn't fit

I'm ready for the N-ATX now. Is it in production yet?

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Alright, riba my guy. FINALLY got my 3090 fe waterblock and built in the P-ATX v2 and I'm thinking it's a little cramped for the 3090. The backplate is pressed right up against the PCIe riser cable. If it wasn't a 90° cable it straight up would fit

I'm ready for the N-ATX now. Is it in production yet?

Damn, that looks slick! I was just wondering on your progress yesterday, and there you are! Yes, N-ATX is in production and we'll announce the launch date soon.

can you share the renders of all possible PSU mounting pls? or the manual is close to be published?

Sure, there you go:

Manual not yet, it will be very similar to P-ATX, nothing special but it will take longer to make since there are a lot more combinations. But it should be ready by the launch date, and hopefully before.

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Sure, there you go:
for others - ATX, SFX, SFX-L, new mid case position and back of the case

really like the last picture, with a short GPU in the upper position there's basically half the case for activities! plus you don't need an extension cable to lead into the PSU as well.

there are a lot more combination
probably the best bit about the case haha

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Damn, that looks slick! I was just wondering on your progress yesterday, and there you are! Yes, N-ATX is in production and we'll announce the launch date soon.

I ordered the waterblock back on January 20th and it only just showed up yesterday.

When I was putting it all together I got pretty bummed at how crammed it was compared to my 2080ti so I started looking at other options for cases but I absolutely love this layout and footprint then after like a hour I remember you where make this thicker version and suddenly all was well haha.

Do we have a good ETA yet?

This time I think I'm gonna route the tubes through the bottom I think. Having them go out the back in the v2 got rid of a lot of the rigidity of the PCIe retention bracket.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I ordered the waterblock back on January 20th and it only just showed up yesterday.

When I was putting it all together I got pretty bummed at how crammed it was compared to my 2080ti so I started looking at other options for cases but I absolutely love this layout and footprint then after like a hour I remember you where make this thicker version and suddenly all was well haha.

Do we have a good ETA yet?

This time I think I'm gonna route the tubes through the bottom I think. Having them go out the back in the v2 got rid of a lot of the rigidity of the PCIe retention bracket.

Still have to figure if everything is going to be on time, since we are launching without pre-orders. Mostly stuff related to pictures, manual, compatibility etc. Cases are already there :) But relatively soon yeah :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm looking forward to putting a short 3090 FE waterblock up by the motherboard and then using an Alphacool monster 360 down in the bottom

I would really like to see that build!

Just one note, try to find a single slot waterblock to allow enough space for standard cpu block and angle fittings. If you go with 2 slot block you will have to use special 1U block with side exit fittings, alphacool makes one.