Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

Raivo

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2020
Sorry I don't quite get what you're saying, if you have sfx psu in lower position, you can either plug the ac cable directly into psu or use the same ac extension cable that comes from the upper back side.

Sry, badly worded on my part. I meant to say possibility to route power cable to lower back corner bottom part where the ventilation is while using ATX PSU. As the cable lenght would be different to top one i think cut out like in top part could be sufficient.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Maybe this case can put 3090 Kingpin Hybrid with a 360mm radiator!

Yes, it should fit if you replace fans with slime ones! And I think that it will be the smallest case to fit this GPU.

This is a beefy boi for sure. This might be a good case for my brother ?

Any reason to buy another one of your cases I s a good reason for me haha ?

Sure, why not ?

Sry, badly worded on my part. I meant to say possibility to route power cable to lower back corner bottom part where the ventilation is while using ATX PSU. As the cable lenght would be different to top one i think cut out like in top part could be sufficient.

Ok, I made a small render, is this what you had in mind:

Raivo

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2020
Ok, so you would basically put it on the bottom side of the case? I'm not sure I really like that idea tbh, cable would exit at the awkward spot and there are riser and stand mounts in that area.

Yea, i was guessing that there was a reason why there wasnt option for it as it would put ac cable nicely close to table. Couldnt tell from the renders how the stand mount was sitting. Looking good anyway :)

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yea, i was guessing that there was a reason why there wasnt option for it as it would put ac cable nicely close to table. Couldnt tell from the renders how the stand mount was sitting. Looking good anyway :)

I had some ideas in mind that would put the AC cable on the bottom of the case, since that would allow for a bit more usable volume inside, but I decided against since it is kind of cheating and ugly, with cable dangling below the case.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I dont think the additional gain is worth it compared to having just having it at the top, its already very near the PSU and there isnt much you can fill up there

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I got a few more renders for you, since I modeled RTX3080/3090 reference PCB with ek water block. It is interesting what you can do with single slot GPU:

1. with ATX board, SFX psu and 45mm thick 280mm rad with 25mm fans

2. with ITX board, ATX psu, 60mm thick 60mm rad and 25mm fans

3. with ITX board, ATX psu, 45mm thick 360mm rad and 15mm fans

Reactions: Talyrius

mrteera

Case Bender
New User
Oct 5, 2020
I like the second option.

I got a few more renders for you, since I modeled RTX3080/3090 reference PCB with ek water block. It is interesting what you can do with single slot GPU:

1. with ATX board, SFX psu and 45mm thick 280mm rad with 25mm fans

2. with ITX board, ATX psu, 60mm thick 60mm rad and 25mm fans

3. with ITX board, ATX psu, 45mm thick 360mm rad and 15mm fans

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Can you instead use an ATX PSU on the bottom? Maybe plug the power cable in directly from there!

Not really, it would hit the gpu bracket. But even if you could, it doesn't make sense to me. It's because you would have to use ITX board, but if you use ITX board you can just put ATX psu in it's intended place, and you have space for up to 360mm radiator instead of 280.

Camo5

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
Is it possible to have all ATX components with a 120mm AIO and fan? what would max 2 slot GPU length be? I have an evga 1070 SC

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Is it possible to have all ATX components with a 120mm AIO and fan? what would max 2 slot GPU length be? I have an evga 1070 SC

Specs on the front page:

-radiators up to 120mm if the gpu is less than 275 mm long, up to 60 mm thick
-radiators up to 140mm if the gpu is less then 245 mm long, up to 60mm thick (this limits psu to SFX units)

You will need to check if your GPU is less than 275mm long!

Reactions: DrHudacris

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Specs on the front page:

-radiators up to 120mm if the gpu is less than 275 mm long, up to 60 mm thick
-radiators up to 140mm if the gpu is less then 245 mm long, up to 60mm thick (this limits psu to SFX units)

You will need to check if your GPU is less than 275mm long!
So new GPUs won't fit with 120mm radiators, boohoo

Yes with 3-slot gpu you are limited to length-wise if you want to install AIO, but with dual slot you are not, just put 15mm thick fan on it and you can have gpu in any length.

Although this model is 274 mm long, so could fit:

Also that length can be increased to 303 mm if you put 92mm fan on 120mm AIO.