Production SFFtime presents: MNLT - elegant vertical air tunnel case with excellent air cooling support and no riser

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Yeah I forgot to mention that I anticipated that and ordered a 2 pin power cable extension on Amazon before the case arrived for that very reason.

There is no way to plug that tiny thing in once the case is partially inserted into the shell and if done out of the case miraculously, you need a army to fumble the tray and top together. It's one of the things that 100% needs to change along with how the top 200mm fan shelf is supported on one side in its current state (with a brass stand off).

r3dacted

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2022
Got my MNLT up and running (had to track down a stock AMD backplate after years of aftermarket backplate shenanigans for lower-profile coolers)

I'm using an ASUS x470i with a 2600x cooled with the D15S. GPU is a 3080ti FTW. Fans wise I have the A20 up top, a ML140 Elite as intake and the D15S stock fan.

No issues with fitment, though as previously stated the fitment btw the D15S in the config that works for this case and the GPU is TIGHT, a backplate is pretty much a necessity. The IO shield was a bit fiddly and this was the one time I've ever been glad to have a non-integrated IO shield.

The 24 pin really doesn't have a lot of space, glad my J-Hack order got in soon enough to do this build.

Temps are great, though I can see that the GPU is exhaust-limited as has been noted by others. Would definitely be interested in a less-restrictive top panel (really not concerned about things falling into the blades), though I'm not sure how much less restrictive you can go before the durability of the panel is compromised. I love the hidden power button!

r3dacted

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2022
Noise levels depend on fans/fan curve mostly, but the way I have it set, it's completely inaudible in my office up to 40% for my case fans, which only really spin up more in GPU-intensive settings since GPU temps are exhaust-limited more than anything. GPU fans are annoying as in any other case but with my undervolt temps don't get too crazy.

As far as subjective noise quality, I actually am way more comfortable letting the case fans ramp up in this case than previously in my air-cooled formD T1, as the larger fans have a more low-pitched wind-like quality that is more pleasant to me than 92/120mm fans. Your mileage may vary though.

AlexKravKing

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2021
Noise levels depend on fans/fan curve mostly, but the way I have it set, it's completely inaudible in my office up to 40% for my case fans, which only really spin up more in GPU-intensive settings since GPU temps are exhaust-limited more than anything. GPU fans are annoying as in any other case but with my undervolt temps don't get too crazy.

As far as subjective noise quality, I actually am way more comfortable letting the case fans ramp up in this case than previously in my air-cooled formD T1, as the larger fans have a more low-pitched wind-like quality that is more pleasant to me than 92/120mm fans. Your mileage may vary though.
Good to know. Thanks.

Svarthol Stjoernuson

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 19, 2022
I agree with what Defiant said. This is my dream case, but I can't find a high enough wattage PSU to fit it. If it could accompany 2.5 cm more in length than I'd have no problem, but looking at where the 24-pin is, I doubt it.

Reactions: Alur

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I agree with what Defiant said. This is my dream case, but I can't find a high enough wattage PSU to fit it. If it could accompany 2.5 cm more in length than I'd have no problem, but looking at where the 24-pin is, I doubt it.

Coolermaster will soon release 1100 and 1300W SFX psus, they should fit ;) And 4090 FE will also fit even with a 200mm fan on top so yeah :)

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
I would also like to see a slightly wider and taller update in the revision to accommodate 4-slot cards (or side fans). I know sffpc case makers have a desire to make cases under 20L but going slightly above 20L can massively increase case compatibility and cooling performance and is worth the trade off imo. I wonder how many buyers really care if a case is sub 20L or just a small case with good cooling that can fit big hardware (I'm the latter personally).

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I would also like to see a slightly wider and taller update in the revision to accommodate 4-slot cards (or side fans). I know sffpc case makers have a desire to make cases under 20L but going slightly above 20L can massively increase case compatibility and cooling performance and is worth the trade off imo. I wonder how many buyers really care if a case is sub 20L or just a small case with good cooling that can fit big hardware (I'm the latter personally).

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
  • Haha
Reactions: Dastrangle