"SFF" Keyboards

What's the smallest you'd go with a keyboard?

• 100%

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 27 9.9%
  • 75%

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • 60%

Votes: 126 46.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 23 8.4%
  • Electrodes implanted into brain, effectively 0%

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Still without my Planck Rev. 6. I emailed the creator of it again to follow up. Using a full-size keyboard at work and the keyboard on a laptop at home for now. Might build a low-profile 60% (using low-profile switches), to might past this issue.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
my budget "WhiteFox" keyboard has just arrived :D

this is so nice I cant even

edit: wait a minute this is so inexpensive. I can afford this
dang, thanks darkside, I might just get one of them

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I do like clicks & clacks, depending on their pitch and signature.

I'm a professionnal developper, I use them for at least 10h per day. As such, for me, the most important is the comfort when using them. From actuation force to key profiles, key layout to keyboard / pointing device distance....

For example, I do not use scrollwheel as I find them very stressing and tiring after a while.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Nice ! What keyboard is it ? Any link to a build log ?

I didn't take many pictures while I was building it unfortunately. I'll try to dig up the ones I did take tonight though. It's a Corne keyboard, or CRKBD. It's also known as the helidox: https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/helidox-kit/#pcb-option

It has hotswap and low profile versions, mine's hotswap. Per key rgb and rgb underglow, and I got a local sign making company to cut acrylic plates for it based on the templates here: https://github.com/foostan/crkbd/tree/master/corne-classic/acrylic_plate