Power Supply Seasonic Focus SGX-650 (SFX-L)

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018

Psu arrived today. Waiting for 9900k before I can begin some testing

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
So jealous. They sold out so fast. The stock was supposed to come back in today, but it either didn't, or they sold old immediately. Any pics of the cables?

Newegg can't keep in stock of what I need for my build (and I don't want to order is too many pieces otherwise return windows would close) -- mostly PSU and RAM.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
PSU reviews don't pick up as quick as CPU or GPU or motherboard reviews ._. hopefully that'll speed up a bit when GamersNexus starts PSU testing ,_,

Reactions: NinoPecorino

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
Seasonic sent me a 25$ steam gift card using an offer inside the box. This makes it an even sweeter deal at 95$ after the steam gift card!

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Seasonic sent me a 25$ steam gift card using an offer inside the box. This makes it an even sweeter deal at 95$ after the steam gift card!

What offer was included inside?

Also, would be it possible to get a picture of the cables? I haven't seen them anywhere, and I'm curious about them. Also, for the CPU/PCI-E cables, are the extra pins detachable, or are they break-off once? I just saw in the Corsair review video that they were reattachable.

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
What offer was included inside?

Also, would be it possible to get a picture of the cables? I haven't seen them anywhere, and I'm curious about them. Also, for the CPU/PCI-E cables, are the extra pins detachable, or are they break-off once? I just saw in the Corsair review video that they were reattachable.

They just need proof of purchase and a screenshot of an online review sent to them via a form. They sent my steam account a gift card.

The cables are flat and all black. I'll try to post a picture of them tomorrow

djt01

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2018
Reactions: TeutonJon78

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
I don't "like" it, because that's my plan as well. That isn't even that long of a card either —
10.5" / 267 mm. It's pretty nominal for any non-ITX card. The vega 56 I was planning is a 282 mm one.

The links are broken BTW — they just 404 — and I really want to see them.

Does it seem more like an issue with the flexibility of the cables? I know other people have gotten 130 mm SFX-L PSUs with non-flush connectors to fit with longer video cards. https://hardforum.com/threads/ncase...n-first-post.1717132/page-681#post-1043885823

Last edited:

djt01

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2018
Don’t know what’s going on with Google Photo and the broken links?

I was originally going to put the Nvidia 2080Ti I just got with a new Z390 motherboard/9900K in this build but decided to use a Z270/7700K setup I had in a Case Labs S3 instead.

The cables are very stiff and put way too much pressure on the video card, it’s a shame I really wanted to use this PSU with the NCASE. I’ve grown tired of waiting for the Corsair SF600 Platinum also!

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
Pics as promised

Wip of current SFF build (missing 9900k still). The cables are making management very cumbersome. Going to look into ordering custom length ones from ensourced

Reactions: TeutonJon78

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Pics as promised

Wip of current SFF build (missing 9900k still). The cables are making management very cumbersome. Going to look into ordering custom length ones from ensourced

Yeah, those cables do look like a problem. The connectors look pretty bulky.

What case is that? The PSU-motherboard alignment is about the same as the M1, so I don't think it will work well in that case with those cables, as @djt01 found out as well. Maybe it would work in the ATX orientation with a mounting bracket, but it would still limit a GPU to probably < 265-270 mm

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
The case is a cerberus. I got it specifically so as not to have any issues with gpu length and also afford to have a 280mm AIO for the hot running 9900k

aa12bb

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
Hmmm.... I am concerned about the cables, however, the Geeek A50 orientation is a little bit different than the Cerberus. The PSU and GPU run along side each other so I don't think it will reduce the size of the card I need. I THINK.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
So, by doing some pixel measurements, this puts the connectors at ~10mm sticking outside of the PSU. Or about 135mm total before cables. In that [H] one, pixel estimates put it at 130 + ~5 mm connectors + ~12mm cable connector = ~147 mm before cables. The math is a little sloppy with the different angles. Either way, the PCI slot is basically in alignment with the mounting holes.

Might it fit better with the orientation with the fan out so the MB/CPU connectors are on the inside? Then the peripheral cables could go under/behind the video card since there is more empty space there. The one PCIe cable and CPU cable look like OK bends that wouldn't push on the GPU -- not sure if the 24 pin cable is flexible enough. It's the 2nd row of bending that looks like it would be too tight to go around the first row and then back up.

(I still went ahead and preordered the SF600 P, but still have plenty of time to cancel it).