SFF.Network [SFF Network] Lian Li announces two SFX-L power supplies

Known for their quality aluminum cases rather than power supplies, today Lian Li announced two SFX-L power supplies, the Gold-rated 550W PE-550 and the Platinum-rated 750W PE-750.

There is basically no information on these units available other than what's listed on Lian Li's website. They both share grill designs, what appears to be the same slim 120mm fan as the SilverStone SX500-LG, full modularity, and relatively short flat ribbon cables. Also, to avoid any confusion, despite the tagline in the marketing image these units are SFX-L, not SFX. The listings for both units mention that the fan voltage varies with both temperature and load, but it makes no mention of semi-passive functionality so it's likely these units have always-on fans.

Read more here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks to qwan456 on the jonnyGURU.com forum we now know that the 550W is from Enhance due to the UL number. S/he says that the heatsinks look like Enhance too but I'm not 100% on that since some of the details of the housing are different between the two units. I've updated the article.

Reactions: veryrarium

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
Well, now that you tell me that, the 750W version has one of the stickers showing the code "ENP7175" which looks like a typical Enhance SKU (e.g. ENP-7145 for Silverstone ST45SF-G, ENP-7160 for Silverstone SX600-G, ENP-7140 for Scythe Mity Mite 4 80+Gold 400W SFX, etc.) and just like the predecessors the lowest two digits do match the designated wattage of this unit.
I don't know how to identify the manufacturer from UL number, the database search doesn't help me at all. I don't even know if it is the case that no two products share the same UL number. Curious how qwan456 figured it out.

Before I read Aiboh's update on the OEM and made the observation I just wrote above, I had wondered if the location and orientation of the AC inlet and mains switch (or lack thereof) on the back side of each SFX PSU would give any indication of what the OEM was. Checked each of Silverstone ST45SF/Fractal Design Integra SFX 450W, ST45SF-G, SX600-G, SX500-LG/Chieftec SFX-500GD-C/Sharkoon SilentStorm SFX Gold 500W, SX700-LPT, Corsair SF450/SF600, Lian Li PE-550 and PE-750, and the Lian Li units are similar only to the Corsair units, so I was tempted to think these Lian Li units may also be OEMed by Great Wall.:D I guess neither the fan grille nor the rear design are good indicators.

I'm not 100% on that since some of the details of the housing are different between the two units.
I also noted before your update that the coil seen near the back wall of PE-550 weren't seen there on PE-750, which I thought meant these two units didn't share the same platform hence not the same OEM. But apparently they are both by Enhance.

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Wow. Didn't expect any new SFX-L units for a while, and certainly not from Lian-Li of all places.

We're getting a solid variety of generally good-to-excellent units quite quickly. And bumping the wattage ceiling up another 50W above and beyond Silverstone's upcoming 700W unit is another win.

What times we're living in today!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Well, now that you tell me that, the 750W version has one of the stickers showing the code "ENP7175" which looks like a typical Enhance SKU (e.g. ENP-7145 for Silverstone ST45SF-G, ENP-7160 for Silverstone SX600-G, ENP-7140 for Scythe Mity Mite 4 80+Gold 400W SFX, etc.) and just like the predecessors the lowest two digits do match the designated wattage of this unit.

Ah, didn't notice that. Given the other evidence it seems like the 750W is indeed an Enhance unit too.

I don't know how to identify the manufacturer from UL number, the database search doesn't help me at all. I don't even know if it is the case that no two products share the same UL number. Curious how qwan456 figured it out.

Searching for "E166947" brings up a UL power supply manufacturer database listing for Enhance: link