S4 Mini Project

Big McCann

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 21, 2017
Hi everyone new member here! From the UK, Northern Ireland to be exact.

So lets start by saying the NFC S4 Mini. WOW. I have totally fallen for it.

I am planning a build for this case, and currently have a bigger system set up but would love something smaller.
But i plan to pre-order for the September run ASAP.

From Josh i want to purchase the front plate open so that it will leave enough room for the Zotac 1080 i hope to buy. Along with that i seen him place a vent plate onto that is that correct? So i will order that also.

My shopping list and questions are as follows:

(Question on the HDPLEX is do i need the internal AC-DC PFC adaptor also? It pushes the price way up TO $150, although if that is definitely needed then so be it.)

HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX (nanoATX Series)
http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-400W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

Is this the right power brick?

330w Power Brick
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JE51...TF8&colid=2N9ZM3VBGK79X&coliid=I3DH9CVI2ALQ4F

The system i hope to be running is:

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 v3
Samsung 250GB + 500GB SSD
Zotac GTX 1080 Mini GPU
Noctua NHL9i
MSI Motherboard

Along with that is there any specifics to mention when running this system in this case and with this PSU?

doubttom

What's an ITX?
Jul 20, 2017
Hey Big, ever find an answer to that problem? They are available currently and would like to purchase one myself.

Big McCann

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 21, 2017
Hey Big, ever find an answer to that problem? They are available currently and would like to purchase one myself.
hey dude i actually went to @guryhwa for my pico brick power supply. he custom makes them for that amount of power output and sized for the S4 Mini too which is great. when it arrives il let you know how i get on.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I really hate the 2D bezel with Vent plate (personal preference, nothing technically wrong with it). Some people prefer the look and when it is time to place your order, if you want that, email me and I will make you one. But I am no longer going to carry it in my store. The 3D acrylic bezel and 3D wood bezels are replacing it.

They are more expensive but actually less profitable...I just think they are a much cleaner solution and match the quality of the MINI better.

My 2c