S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Okay, I installed my 8700K in the Z370-i and you were right, it needs about 1.5mm shim for the Dynatron T318 to clear the capacitors.

I found a few more interesting things:

- Someone actually got a Dynatron R15 (copper vapor chamber meant for 2011) working on his older Zotac 115X board, seems like he didn't run into capacitor clearance issues and the mounting pitch is just slightly off from a 115x so you can tilt the bolts slightly:
- Dynatron makes a model called the B6, it is a copper vapor chamber meant for LGA 3647, same dimensions as the R15 but the vapor chamber is slimmer. It looks like it might just barely avoid the capacitors if I mod it to my motherboard: https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/b6

Thinking I might give that one a whirl? The guy who actually got the R15 working said it dropped temps 37c vs his Cryorig C7 which is what I'm using now... that sounds insane and I'd be happy with half as much improvement.

Reactions: CubanLegend

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
https://www.sfflab.com/products/nfc_s4m

in love with the site. In love with the new case. So sad the old S4 is no more if i understood correctly?

hats off to lian li though. I have multiple of there case the quality is top notch. Plus it is just awesome that the SFF community can have them create the cases. I am guessing Dan, Ncase, and yourself paired up to reduce shipping and order cost overall. Size of shipments between those three cases alone must be a large number.

Was going to order two new cases but by the sound of it shipments will go out regularly.

Edit:
finished the video and i must say i also love the new design. So glad i was able to catch the S4C while you had them and i will definitely be one of the first the order the new chassis. Really excited for new bezels as the will keep the same look as the new chassis just a different texture instead on the non-wrap around on the S4C.

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
https://www.sfflab.com/products/nfc_s4m

in love with the site. In love with the new case. So sad the old S4 is no more if i understood correctly?

hats off to lian li though. I have multiple of there case the quality is top notch. Plus it is just awesome that the SFF community can have them create the cases. I am guess Dan, Ncase, and yourself paired up to reduce shipping and order cost overall. Size of shipments between those three cases alone must be a large number.

Was going to order two new cases but by the sound of it shipments will go out regularly now?

I wouldn't say the S4M-C is no more, but they are going to be even harder to obtain. If you purchase a full build from me between now and January it's going to be done in a S4M-C, for instance, and I want to have a few more made for powdercoating.

As for planning your order...the PLAN is to have shipments go out regularly. I think it will work out. I do need to get a bunch of pre-orders and to get sales rolling quickly or I will owe alot of money to the Taiwanese gov for taxes and storage fees. : )

Reactions: DocH

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017
Pretty sure it is actively cooled. I'm assuming he is referring to the brick he did up for me with a custom PCB and a fan to drive my 1080 TI system. Here's a pic he had sent me of the brick (I'm expecting it to arrive this week).

So I tested the bricks tonight and that fan is dead quiet, it's moving just enough air internally to keep the temp below max. I have Kombuster and Aida 64 running overnight, if the brick doesn't reset overnight I think we have a winner. I'm averaging 430 watts using a wall wart, I'm sure the peaks are higher.

Since the fan is dead quite I can't actually get any audio of it, all I capture is the transient sound of my system fans. So scratch that idea.

I'll post Tuesday with the overnight results.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
I wouldn't say the S4M-C is no more, but they are going to be even harder to obtain. If you purchase a full build from me between now and January it's going to be done in a S4M-C, for instance, and I want to have a few more made for powdercoating.

As for planning your order...the PLAN is to have shipments go out regularly. I think it will work out. I do need to get a bunch of pre-orders and to get sales rolling quickly or I will owe alot of money to the Taiwanese gov for taxes and storage fees. : )
well count me in for one!!!

i would love a sfflab shirt. The design is great. I am also so happy about the mailing list. Would be amazing to get emails of new products and preorders opening. You going to push all your accessories to the sff lab site correct instead of ordering from two separate sites?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Hey Josh, you mentioned your new Sky Bracket is still in development in that video... could you maybe see about making it compatible with the Cryorig XT140 and the Prolimatech PRO-USV14, they are both 140mm fans (13mm and 15mm thickness respectively), your current Sky Bracket fits them but only if I use aviation snips to remove the "lips" they have for rigidity. I think the lips could be kept on a new model if they were made to curve around the 140mm frame just a little bit.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Just seen the video...

It's absolutely gorgeous and I must have one. Only issue is that I have only had my S4Mc for like 3 weeks now lol. I already have a 1080 in my mini and a 1080ti in my big rig... What to do with the new S4 mini....

Reactions: Biowarejak

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Will units sold to EU customers ship from EU as well (so we don't have to pay customs, VAT)? Otherwise I'm unsure of what you mean by "much cheaper for international customers". Not meant as a bashing, just curious :)

Reactions: Broxin

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Will units sold to EU customers ship from EU as well (so we don't have to pay customs, VAT)? Otherwise I'm unsure of what you mean by "much cheaper for international customers". Not meant as a bashing, just curious :)
He means the shipping will be cheaper.

Also, @Josh | NFC - I have a 400w G-Unique Arch Deamon that I was hoping to use - will this be possible (hoping we can a cutout to hold the G-Unique PSU Output plug)