Sep 29, 2016
i have continuous 7*24 500watts brick for your S4mini guys now~

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
i have continuous 7*24 500watts brick for your S4mini guys now~
How much? :)
Looks like the Skyreach has cutouts for both the 330w HDPLEX and G-Unique PSUs! EXCITING!
i noticed that too! This new S4 has SO MANY new cutouts and little holes im dying to find out what new things it supports! :D

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC I was planning on getting a set of SkyWire Cables and was wondering if the CPU 8pin has been extended slightly to fit the new Asus AM4 ITX boards or not? I know the boards are not out yet, but wanted to go ahead and get all the cables i need for it.

Yup the new ones should fit, thanks!

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
So, what does everyone think for getting a long 2011 cooler on a 1151 board? Zipties? Nuts and bolts going through at an angle? Or maybe some actual adapter brackets exist? If I remove one of the VRM heatsinks on the board, and I can actually just use the thermal foam to touch the VRMs to the vapor chamber for cooling. My TIM-upgraded 8700k gets here tomorrow so we'll see soon enough.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think he means 24 hours a day 7 days a week. As in you can run this thing at 500W all of the time without worrying about heat/safety. Also by the way he refers to it as a brick I would assume it isn't actively cooled.

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017
I think he means 24 hours a day 7 days a week. As in you can run this thing at 500W all of the time without worrying about heat/safety. Also by the way he refers to it as a brick I would assume it isn't actively cooled.

Pretty sure it is actively cooled. I'm assuming he is referring to the brick he did up for me with a custom PCB and a fan to drive my 1080 TI system. Here's a pic he had sent me of the brick (I'm expecting it to arrive this week).

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Pretty sure it is actively cooled. I'm assuming he is referring to the brick he did up for me with a custom PCB and a fan to drive my 1080 TI system. Here's a pic he had sent me of the brick (I'm expecting it to arrive this week).

Oh man. This is awesome.

Reactions: Biowarejak

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net

how much was it and did it come with the 500W AC/DC counterpart? And when you get it could you please post a video of it starting up and the sound the fan makes? I'm interested now.

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017
I'm not sure if what I was charged was what he's asking from everyone (this started as a special project), so best to ask him directly. Yes, I'll post a video and audio of the brick once I receive it. I'll add it to my build log.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/s4-mini-w-ryzen-1700-and-1080-ti.3062/

As for the other half of the system, I'm using one of his standard Limited Edition Arch Deamon parts.

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
So, what does everyone think for getting a long 2011 cooler on a 1151 board? Zipties? Nuts and bolts going through at an angle? Or maybe some actual adapter brackets exist? If I remove one of the VRM heatsinks on the board, and I can actually just use the thermal foam to touch the VRMs to the vapor chamber for cooling. My TIM-upgraded 8700k gets here tomorrow so we'll see soon enough.

Ou.. hate to tell you but this cooler will not fit. The capacitors are higher than the headspteader of the cpu. I tried without luck :/

See here:

Ah dangit, the t318 cooler would make such a sweet package in the case, sadly it needs to have everything below the level of the heatspreader. Sadly the caps are higher so it wont touch the cpu :/

I guess this would have awesome performance

Last edited:

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017
I'm not sure if what I was charged was what he's asking from everyone (this started as a special project), so best to ask him directly. Yes, I'll post a video and audio of the brick once I receive it. I'll add it to my build log.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/s4-mini-w-ryzen-1700-and-1080-ti.3062/

As for the other half of the system, I'm using one of his standard Limited Edition Arch Deamon parts.

The bricks arrived today, look good. I'll test them this week.

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Ou.. hate to tell you but this cooler will not fit. The capacitors are higher than the headspteader of the cpu. I tried without luck :/

See here:

That's on the Z270-i, I'm on the Z370-i, from the pictures the caps are at least a different color, they might be slightly different height. I know the heatsink clears the caps if I rest it on the black plastic socket protector, I assume that's a millimeter higher than where the CPU IHS would actually be? Seems to be cutting it close but might just make it. I got the heatsink used on eBay for like $10 so I don't mind even denting in the cap area of the vapor chamber to give it the clearance, the chamber is in such a strong vacuum that I don't think it would affect performance any.

Edit: Alternate crazy idea, what about a flat piece of copper to create a shim?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
While the copper shim works in theory, it creates two separate barriers to heat transmission. In practice this is probably hurt performance enough that you'd be better choosing another option for cooling.

Reactions: Biowarejak