S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Thanks for clearing that up, that makes more sense. I'm sure most people aren't waving soldering irons around like me and would be stoked for your plug-and-play solution.

I'm running a Cryorig heatsink with the Cryorig 140mm slim fan now, which fits in the case exactly.

I'm planning to do the same since I have those two parts sitting in a box in my closet.

How do you like that setup in terms of noise and cooling effectiveness?

E

Elitist1

Located in EU. I placed an order with them no problem. It's currently in transit for delivery.
please clarify.

did you order a whole computer, or just a chassis ??

how exactly did you order - did you contact them personally, or did you just fill in their standard online form ??

erictc5924

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2017
I was buy from dreamcore as I'm from singapore. Initially I was email josh for purchasing then josh introduce dreamcore to me. I guess if you are in NA might not be able to get the case from dreamcore as same as I am unable to get the case from josh

erictc5924

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2017

compare to surface pro 4 and ps4

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
A lot of people have asked me how I fit it without modding the heatshink on my gtx 1080. So here is some detailed pictures of the area.

Gtx 1080 S4 gap
Interesting. So the 1080mini will fit in a stock S4 Mini, if you remove the fan shroud... @DocH did you try leaving the stock fans on the card? I think they should also fit? As I don't think they go past the heatsink's edge. You might be able to fit the stock cooling solution back onto the card! :D Let us know if you plan to try it out and if it works.

This is great news for those who might want an S4 but cant afford the additional 2D or 3D Acrylic bezel made for the 1080mini to fit stock, they might be able to just remove the plastic shroud... :)

Reactions: xcrco

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Interesting. So the 1080mini will fit in a stock S4 Mini, if you remove the fan shroud... @DocH did you try leaving the stock fans on the card? I think they should also fit? As I don't think they go past the heatsink's edge. You might be able to fit the stock cooling solution back onto the card! :D Let us know if you plan to try it out and if it works.

This is great news for those who might want an S4 but cant afford the additional 2D or 3D Acrylic bezel made for the 1080mini to fit stock, they might be able to just remove the plastic shroud... :)
If i remember correctly i didn't want to leave the original fan on because the card could move and the fans could contact the chassis. I believe it was extremely close to the front cut out if not touching. If you want to brace it though out the case it may be a solution, but i would need to test for sure. I decided to buy a $17 premade cutout and two $6 fans to avoid the risk. Then i went to the local hardware store and got the proper length hardware to mount it where the 120mm fan mount is.

As an update i tested the itx30 stock and with a 120mm scythe fan at 2000rpm. The stock was horrible and after 30 second of prime95 it hit 100C. The with the scythe fan it last about 5 minutes and reached up into the 95C range. I didn't try the redux fan as i didn't think it would out perform the itx30 with the scythe fan. So the best cooler is currently the lp53 then with the noctua fan. I really wish noctua would change that color of that fan i just can't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CubanLegend

Gioffry

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2016

About 1080 ti mini? Can i put inside a psu over 300watt?

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Interesting. So the 1080mini will fit in a stock S4 Mini, if you remove the fan shroud... @DocH did you try leaving the stock fans on the card?

I measured this a looong time ago and the stock Zotac 1080 fan blades overshoot the case, not just the bezel.

I'm planning to do the same since I have those two parts sitting in a box in my closet.

How do you like that setup in terms of noise and cooling effectiveness?

It is very effective with cooling, but it can get a little loud because there's no air-gap. But I leave that side of the case off, so for me it's both cool and quiet.

Reactions: CubanLegend